Inform yourself with these eye-opening run-away quotes.
Have you ever thought of running away?
Tell us which run away quote resonated with you most in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these running away quotes?
The chances are high that you probably know someone who has run away or thought of running away.
According to the National Runaway Switchboard, anywhere between 1.6 to 2.8 million teens run away from home each year.
Unfortunately, most teenagers (80%) who resort to running away come from homes where abuse occurs, including:
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
The sad irony is that many runaway teens who flee abuse actually end up having to navigate dealing with predators.
However, there are a variety of other causes that lead to children running away.
47% of runaway teens report having a conflict with a parent or guardian as the leading cause for needing to get out.
50% of teens said their parents kicked them out of the home or did not care for them.
If you are a child dealing with these things or feelings, please reach out for help.
Best run away quotes and sayings
1. “I’m sick of running away from things.” — Natalia Kills
2. “Running away will never make you free.” — Kenny Loggins
3. “Sometimes going away is the best answer.” — Andi Dorfman
4. “You’re faced with yourself. There’s no running away.” — Lykke Li
5. “I never felt like running away from my dreams.” — Paresh Rawal
6. “I think I survived by running away some. Running away to work.” — Liam Neeson
7. “I never got to the point when I felt like running away from it all.” — Jamie Redknapp
8. “Well, sometimes the running away from it is what makes you who you are.” — Helen Mirren
9. “If a bully wants to beat you up, you have the choice of running away or standing your ground.” — Margaret MacMillan
10. “People can change, learn, and grow, and it’s better to face your demons instead of perpetually running away from them.” — Jessica Rothe
Cowards run away quotes
11. “I’m constantly running away from everything.” — Norman Reedus
12. “A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.” — Eudora Welty
13. “We’re married. We are one now. There’s no running away.” — Linda Perry
14. “The idea of running away and getting married excites me.” — Mrunal Thakur
15. “I love running away for a few months and creating a record.” — Selena Gomez
16. “Running away from something doesn’t do anything except put distance.” — Rob Halford
17. “And running away from a prosecutor isn’t consistent with faithfully executing the laws.” — Neal Katyal
18. “When I was running away, I didn’t have somebody there to help me run away.” — Machine Gun Kelly
19. “Acceptance of one’s life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle.” — Paul Tournier
20. “Take my horse to the old town road and ride till I can’t no more’ basically means just running away, and everything is just gone.” — Lil Nas X
Don’t run away quotes
21. “Where you grew up becomes a big part of who you are for the rest of your life. You can’t run away from that.” — Helen Mirren
22. “I’m quite proud about how I managed myself. I didn’t end up sniffing glue or running away. I just got on with things.” — Kathy Burke
23. “I’m running away from things on a daily basis. I run away from relationships. I run away from responsibilities.” — Norman Reedus
24. “My biggest mistake was that I was running away from something here in New York, and I ran into the wrong hands.” — Tinsley Mortimer
25. “I think you must be running away from something pretty enormous if you don’t want to see a person more than once or twice.” — Greg Wise
26. “No one should suffer what I suffered. I still dread those scenes when man killed man. I lost my parents, most of my family, by running away.” — Milkha Singh
27. “A lot of times, people will say, ‘You’re running away from your problems.’ So what? Why do you have to sit there and confront every single issue?” — Andi Dorfman
28. “I did a bit of running away when my mam passed away. I didn’t go back to work; I started drinking quite a lot, and I know how damaging that can be.” — Ronan Keating
29. “Running away from the country that gave him everything and denouncing the country, in addition, is something you simply can’t make any allowances for.” — Jackie Coogan
30. “I’ve always seen first responders as unsung heroes and very special people because, when everyone else is running away from danger, they run into it.” — Dwayne Johnson
Let’s run away quotes
31. “As a kid, the theatre always felt a bit like running away to join the circus.” — Robert Sean Leonard
32. “I have always been running away from dance numbers. That’s been my problem.” — Sunny Deol
33. “I start to invent because that’s what I want to do. I’m running away to an invented place.” — Lorrie Moore
34. “The first ten years of my professional life had only to do with running away from my father.” — Peter Zumthor
35. “Crazy Rich Asians’ made me want to get in touch with my roots, instead of running away from them.” — Jimmy O. Yang
36. “I have a career I am proud of as a child actor. I’m not running away from it or embarrassed with anything I did.” — Ricky Schroder
37. “I wish I had more guts when I was younger because then I would’ve said things to people’s faces instead of just running away all the time.” — Mika
38. “Influence, people, think about it as someone you like, but influence is also what you’re revolted by. In fact, often it’s what you’re running away from.” — Marc Ribot
39. “I remember a chicken’s head being chopped off with the chicken running around. I wasn’t sure if my imagination was running away with me or if it really happened. It really happened.” — Michael Keaton
40. “I’ve had that recurring dream since I was a child, and a lot of people have different versions of that same dream, where you’re running away from something, and it’s going kind of slowly, but it’s catching up with you, and it will not stop, and you cannot get away from it..” — Paul W. S. Anderson
Funny run-away quotes
41. “I ran away. I kept running away. Almost once a week, I’d run away from those schools.” — Dennis Banks
42. “My heart started running away, like a pack of horses. Then it slowed down and became irregular.” — Kevin Nealon
43. “I’ve never liked the recognition, the questions, the publicity. I have often felt like running away and hiding.” — Al Pacino
44. “What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself – life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose.” — Willa Cather
45. “I’m a guy that, if I see people running away from something, I’m like, ‘Why you running away? What’s over there?’” — Israel Adesanya
46. “They are running away from any situation that’s not totally pure and all-American, and that requires them to do any thinking.” — Major Owens
47. “The best restriction I learned was getting into the habit of doing something, even if I didn’t feel like it, instead of running away from it.” — Damien Rice
48. “I didn’t feel that running away would change anything, but when the roof of the garage started coming off, I thought it was time to go.” — John Harrison
49. “You can’t keep on talking about nothing indefinitely and committing to nothing. You can’t keep running away from debate, masking the challenges.” — Nicolas Sarkozy
50. “What’s important to me about horror stories is to look at what’s actually horrifying about humanity, instead of shining a flashlight on it and running away giggling.” — Robert Eggers
Feeling the urge to run away is something we have likely all felt
American musician Kenny Loggins once said, “Running away will never make you free.”
While his assertion is wise, some people would disagree with this position.
Our teenage years can be a tumultuous time.
It is normal for human beings to explore rebellion during their teenage years.
As we grow, new feelings of independence, risk-taking, and understanding occur.
Sometimes the relationships between a parent/guardian and child do not evolve.
In a parent-child dispute, the parent has to be the adult.
Actively listening and finding proactive interventions help to keep relationships healthy.
Over-disciplining or submission can make children feel there is no other option but to run away.
Of course, this does not suggest the fault is 100% on the parent or guardian, but it is essential to consider.
Did you have a favorite running away quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.
If you found this article helpful, please click the share button!