Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Quotes On Success and Life To Inspire You
March 18, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Looking for Dwayne Johnson quotes about living your best life?
Here is our latest collection of Dwayne Johnson quotes that will inspire and motivate you.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one the most recognizable figures of Hollywood nowadays.
But before making it big, The Rock had to overcome many challenges in his life.
He was born into a poor family, endured hardship from an early age, and battled with depression after his parents separated when he was 14.
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 64% of adults in the US say that money causes stress in their lives.
Dwayne Johnson’s quotes about hard work and perseverance can motivate readers to pursue success in a way that aligns with their values and priorities, rather than solely for financial gain.
Despite all the challenges, Dwayne Johnson is now one of the most successful actors in the world with his very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
A person who overcame obstacles and achieved his dreams through extreme hard work and willpower, The Rock is someone who has clearly managed to tap into his Everyday Power.
He inspires us to become the best versions of ourselves.
In that respect, below you’ll find our collection of inspiration, wise, and motivational Dwayne Johnson quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Dwayne Johnson quotes on success and life
In a study published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, researchers found that high levels of self-efficacy (belief in one’s ability to accomplish tasks) are positively associated with job satisfaction and job performance.
Dwayne Johnson’s quotes about confidence and self-belief can inspire readers to cultivate these traits and apply them in their own lives and careers.
1. “Don’t be afraid to be ambitious about your goals. Hard work never stops. Neither should your dreams.” – Dwayne Johnson
2. “All success begins with Self-Discipline. It starts with you.” – Dwayne Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on Rocky quotes.
3. “Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy, but being kind, in my opinion is important.” – Dwayne Johnson
4. “Grind Hard, Shine Hard.” – Dwayne Johnson
5. “I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.” – Dwayne Johnson
6. “One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.” – Dwayne Johnson
Dwayne Johnson quotes to help you realize your dreams
According to a survey by the National Center for Health Statistics, only 23% of adults in the US meet the recommended guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening physical activity.
Dwayne Johnson’s quotes about fitness and health can encourage readers to prioritize exercise and self-care in their daily lives.
7. “There is no substitute for hard work. Always be humble and hungry.” – Dwayne Johnson
8. “Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.” – Dwayne Johnson
9. “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.” – Dwayne Johnson
10. “When life puts you in tough situations, don’t say “Why Me?” Just say “Try Me.”” – Dwayne Johnson
11. “The first step to achieving your goal, is to take a moment to respect your goal. Know what it means to you to achieve it.” – Dwayne Johnson
12. “The wall! Your success is on the other side. Can’t jump over it or go around it. You know what to do.” – Dwayne Johnson
Dwayne Johnson quotes to help you become the best version of yourself
13. “When you walk up to opportunities door, don’t knock it… Kick that b!tch in, smile and introduce yourself.” – Dwayne Johnson
14. “With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains.” – Dwayne Johnson
15. “You don’t need directions, just point yourself to the top and go!” – Dwayne Johnson
16. “Be the person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, “awe s***.. they’re up”. – Dwayne Johnson
17. “If something stands between you and your success – move it. Never be denied.” – Dwayne Johnson
18. “In 1995 I had $7 bucks in my pocket and knew two things: I’m broke as hell and one day I won’t be.” – Dwayne Johnson
19. “Success at anything will always come down to this: focus & effort. And we control both.” – Dwayne Johnson
20. “Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of consistency quotes to inspire long term thinking.
Dwayne Johnson quotes to inspire greatness
21. “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when everyday you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.” – Dwayne Johnson
22. “Think back 5 yrs ago. Think of where you’re at today. Think ahead 5 yrs and what you want to accomplish. Be Unstoppable.” – Dwayne Johnson
23. “I grew up in a musical family; the majority of my growing up was done in Hawaii. It’s what we do. You sing, you dance, you play ukulele and you drink.” – Dwayne Johnson
24. “The men I idolized built their bodies and became somebody – like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger – and I thought, ‘That can be me.’ So I started working out. The funny thing is I didn’t realize back then that I was having a defining moment.” – Dwayne Johnson
25. “Football changed my life and it gave me a platform to get out my aggression and it gave me a sense of value.” – Dwayne Johnson
Dwayne Johnson quotes about life
26. “I like the idea of working in different genres and transcending genres and hopefully finding success, and ultimately make movies people like.” – Dwayne Johnson
27. “When he speaks to you he speaks with an earnest vibe and an earnest energy.” – Dwayne Johnson
28. “Wrestling was like stand-up comedy for me.” – Dwayne Johnson
29. The one thing I couldn’t identify with was the blue cowboy outfit he put on.I was a bit challenged when I was younger to stay on the right path. – Dwayne Johnson
30. “I want someone who can trust that my big hands are going to take care of them.” – Dwayne Johnson
31. “I’m very low-key. I don’t really blend in, so it’s difficult to go out in public. I like to do things that are kind of quiet, whether it’s a dinner at my house or a restaurant, or a movie night at home.” – Dwayne Johnson
32. “My philosophy is, it’s always very rewarding when you can make an audience laugh. I don’t mind making fun of myself. I like self-deprecating comedy. But I’d like you to laugh with me occasionally, too.” – Dwayne Johnson
33. “I like the idea of making a big, fun, adventure type of movie.” – Dwayne Johnson
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of inspirational sports quotes about working towards your full potential.
Quotes from Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock
34. “When I was a kid at four years old, that’s when I started amateur wrestling with my dad and family. And when that’s instilled in you, it never goes away.” – Dwayne Johnson
35. “You don’t sign up for a divorce when you get married. It’s very painful. But it’s taught me a great deal about myself.” – Dwayne Johnson
36. “WWE is a space where I thrived, and I loved, and I still do. I love connecting with an audience; that is the greatest thing about going back to WWE.” – Dwayne Johnson
37. “I’ve always loved the showmanship of professional wrestling. While I love making movies, I love that platform, too.” – Dwayne Johnson
38. “Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn.” – Dwayne Johnson
39. “Unapologetically push for greater and always disrupt expectations.” – Dwayne Johnson
40. “You either play the game or let the game play you.” – Dwayne Johnson
More Dwayne Johnson quotes and sayings
41. “Training for me is a metaphor for life, period. The dedication, the determination, the desire, the work ethic, the great successes and the great failures – I take that into life.” – Dwayne Johnson
42. “Do not go gentle — cause that rent is always due.” – Dwayne Johnson
43. “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne Johnson
44. “I have a little belief that success is never unrelenting. And if success is what we chase – then neither are we.” – Dwayne Johnson
45. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Dwayne Johnson
46. “Think back 5yrs ago. Think of where you’re at today. Think ahead 5 years about what you want to accomplish. Be unstoppable.” – Dwayne Johnson
47. “It’s simple. Do it.” – Dwayne Johnson
48. “You don’t just find the willpower you need. You create it.” – Dwayne Johnson
49. “I never want to just play in the game, I want to change the way the game is played.” – Dwayne Johnson
50. “Let your actions do your talking for you.” – Dwayne Johnson
Dwayne Johnson Quotes About Acting
51. “If you make a good family movie, then everybody in the family can relate to somebody, or in this case something. That’s always enjoyable. There’s always an important place for family movies.” ― Dwayne Johnson
52. “I can usually get the right connection with the crowd and I don’t have to be jumping off ladders.” ― Dwayne Johnson
53. “I didn’t want to play by what rules are in Hollywood.” ― Dwayne Johnson
54. “I love the 3D revolution. I love the technology today that continues to push the envelope, continues break the new ground, and continues to raise the bar.” ― Dwayne Johnson
55. “Any time I’m on-screen it is realistic because I don’t pull my punches or anything like that.” ― Dwayne Johnson
56. “But being on location and shooting, whether its in Puerto Rico or Atlanta, it always reminds me of how really cool my job can be. Interacting with the fans is one of the best parts of it.” ― Dwayne Johnson
57. “And then all of a sudden, you’re doing jumping jacks, you’re happy, because Kane can talk. The Big Red Retard can finally speak.” ― Dwayne Johnson
58. “But I do believe that there’s going to be a time where all movies are going to be made in 3D and it’s just going to be a given, and that is going to be an exciting time.” ― Dwayne Johnson
59. “I’m a passionate, hardcore fisherman. Biggest fish I caught? A 200-pound tarpon.” ― Dwayne Johnson
60. “There’s something very cool as an actor when you have an opportunity to play somebody who’s real, whether they’re still alive or not, but who has lived a life.” ― Dwayne Johnson
Which Dwayne Johnson quotes were your favorite?
The Rock has inspired many people to become the best versions of themselves.
Despite coming from humble beginnings, he has reached greater success than most could ever imagine.
Everything that The Rock does, he puts his all into it; be it wrestling or acting.
We hope these Dwayne Johnson quotes have motivated you to work hard for your dreams.
Which quote from The Rock was your favorite?
What other Dwayne Johnson quotes would you add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.
February 17, 2019 at 5:59 AM
Great and awesome thoughts. dwayne johnson aka rock is admired everywhere in the world just not for his body and fitness, but for his grit and will as well. why he is so successful in his life, can be easily understood.