Sagittarius is the ninth astrological sign and correlates with the Sagittarius constellation.
A Sagittarius is born between November 23 and December 21.
What kind of person is a Sagittarius?
What qualities do they have?
What other sign is most compatible with a Sagittarius?
Keep reading through these Sagittarius quotes to learn more about this Fire Sign and hear what Sagittariuses have to say about themselves!
Sagittarius is represented by the archer, and like the archer, they seek knowledge and adapt well.
They usually like to travel and explore unknown places where they can seek thrilling adventures.
If you are looking for an excellent storyteller, you don’t have to look much further than a Sagittarius!
Jupiter, the Sagittarius governing planet, is known as the planet of abundance, spirituality, and growth, all qualities that are typically associated with Sagittarius.
What makes them tick, though?
Being bored is not a good thing for a sign that is seeking new experiences, and when they are bored, they seek risky behavior.
They also like to offer their opinions on things they know little about.
What kind of friend, or lover, does this make them?
Keep reading these Sagittarius quotes to learn more!
Don’t forget to also check out these Aries quotes about the fierce fire sign.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Sagittarius quotes about love and relationships
1. “Sagittarius has a heart of gold and will have no problem settling down with someone who can keep up with them.” — Unknown
2. “Sagittarius will give you the world if you wanted it. When they fall for someone it’s the real deal.” — Freeda Gillbert
3. “Not all Sagittarius are very interested in home life.” — Margarete Beim
4. “Sagittarius is the sign of lust for life. You pulse with verve and sensuality, and like all Fire, signs are at your most vibrant when you’re in love.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
5. “Sagittarius is also the sign of mental exploration, and for a relationship to last, it needs to be an adventure.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
6. “Enjoy being with Sagittarius, but don’t think you’ve signed a lifelong contact, because Sagittarius doesn’t think so.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
7. “Sagittarius doesn’t want a lover that will provide for them and take care of them, they want a co-pilot, someone who can be their fellow adventurer in life.” — Natasha Reeves
8. “A Sagittarius will move their plans just to spend a whole day with their partner or love interest.” — Natasha Reeves
9. “A Sagittarius can look emotionally distant. But in reality, he or she has a big heart.” — Yolanda
10. “I have spent a lot of time studying the issue of relationships, how I grew up, my parents’ influence on me. I’ve talked to a therapist; I’ve looked inward spiritually at myself, and what it seems to come down to is that I’m a Sagittarius. Please don’t make me reveal more than that. It’s tough enough as it is.” — Garry Shandling
Sagittarius quotes about men and women
11. “If you see a guy with a big grin from one ear to the other, winking in a mischievous way and who still looks like a college kid even though his hair is turning grey, then you’ve probably run into a Sagittarius man.” — Therrie Rosenvald
12. “The Sagittarius man is debonair, footloose, and often accused of being a playboy.” — Therrie Rosenvald
13. “Mr. Sagittarius likes to postpone for as long as possible.” — Therrie Rosenvald
14. “Even when they settle down, Sagittarius men and women like to keep a small corner of their life just for themselves.” — Margarete Beim
15. “When Sagittarius does get hooked on a venture, he or she is often willing to take risks to secure a profit.” — Margarete Beim
16. “A Sagittarius female has no intention of giving up her individuality for any male.” — Linda Goodman
17. “Many a Sagittarius female mistakes friendship for love and love for friendship.” — Linda Goodman
Sagittarius quotes from personologist Gary Goldschneider and unknown people
18. “Sagittarius clients do not want to hear bad news.” — Gary Goldschneider
19. “Because of their natural optimism and idealism, Sagittarians are likely to take such results very hard, seeing their dreams going up in smoke.” — Gary Goldschneider
20. “Sagittarius clients have a way of landing on their feet and surviving apparent disasters.” — Gary Goldschneider
21. “Sagittarius clients like to work hard and play hard.” — Gary Goldschneider
22. “In setting up a partnership with a Sagittarius, everything should be out in the open, carefully stated, and all ambiguity or secret agendas studiously avoided.” — Gary Goldschneider
23. “Sagittarius have smiles that can brighten any room and will always try to make you feel like you belong.” — Unknown
24. “As forgiving as they are, Sagittarius doesn’t mind distancing themselves from people, so don’t test them.” — Unknown
25. “A Sagittarius hardly holds grudges. If you ask one about it, he or she will tell you it’s old news. They’ve already moved on.” — Unknown
26. “A Sagittarius can say things to you so bluntly, you won’t know if you should be upset or love their honesty.” — Unknown
About Sagittarius quotes
27. “Sagittarians are aliens disguised as humans.” — Ramana Pemmaraju
28. “A Sagittarius can read people easily, so there’s no hiding your feelings from them.” — Yolanda
29. “Count on a Sagittarius to help discover a whole new meaning to life.” — Unknown
30. “Sagittarius is the juvenile of the Zodiac and at times his behavior can be quite juvenile, no matter what age.” — Therrie Rosenvald
31. “Sagittarius has a reputation for being flaky and this only comes about then they feel trapped or pressured.” — Natasha Reeves
32. “Sagittarians are not normally sentimental, however, they can get really attached to a favorite sweater that has seen better days.” — Therrie Rosenvald
33. “Average Sagittarius is more interested in contentment and joy than in material gain.” — Margarete Beim
34. “People born under the Sagittarius sign are not keen on luxuries and other displays of wealth.” — Margarete Beim
35. “A Sagittarius will never tolerate smothering and if they feel any hint of this, they will disappear for a while.” — Natasha Reeves
36. “Sagittarius is known for being crazily independent and is supposed to be the traveler and explorer of the zodiac.” — Natasha Reeves
37. “A Sagittarius boss can give any attorney a good argument and normally come out ahead.” — Linda Goodman
38. “People with strong Sagittarius influence are upbeat and optimistic, spreading good cheer and inspiring others wherever they go.” — Kris Brandt Riske
39. “Career fields suited to Sagittarius include teaching, travel industry, law and religion.” — Kris Brandt Riske
40. “The majority of Sagittarius come across as extremely composed, patient, sure about what they want and where they wish to get… without showing the least amount of apprehension or urgency.” — Yolanda
41. “Caring too much is one thing a Sagittarius battles with all the damn time.” — Yolanda
‘I am a Sagittarius’ quotes
42. “I am a Sagittarius, to save time just assume I’m always right.” — Unknown
43. “I am optimistic, I am straightforward, I am Sagittarius.” — Unknown
44. “Turquoise is my birthstone; I’m a Sagittarius.” — Zoe Kravitz
45. “I’m a Sagittarius, born in the year of the rat, all of which is basically meaningless to me.” — Kevin Brockmeier
46. “I’m a Sagittarius, and one of our major qualities is that we’re blindly optimistic.” — Taylor Swift
47. “I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.” — Arthur C. Clarke
48. “I’m definitely a Sagittarius. I’m such a fire sign.” — Petra Collins
49. “I’m a Sagittarius. We need things done now.” — Christina Applegate
50. “I’m a Sagittarius and I love adventure and new beginnings, new experiences, because it makes me feel like I’m living.” — Maria Brink
Sagittarius Quotes To Celebrate Your Unique Character
51. “Sagittarius is motivated by the energy and excitement of his surroundings. While others might get by with a quick crossing out of a completed task, Sagittarius needs something with a bit more panache to celebrate the small victories — or get in the zone for a new project.” — Constance Stellas
52. “Sagittarians can be gregarious and open-minded. This placement makes them enthusiastic, supportive, and generous friends.” — Jessica Lanyadoo
53. “That’s the thing about Sagittarius: We seem larger than life and unapproachable on the outside. Few people will ask if we’re okay because we’re great entertainers.” — Alex Dimitrov
54. “Sagittarius is a great idealist and usually aims for high standards and the good life.” — Alb Imeri
55. “Sagittarius people need constant mental stimulation, which can lead them to overwork and overplay. More than most people, Sagittarians have to have recreation and exercise, but moderation is the keyword.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
56. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” — Jane Austen.
57. “Sagittarius represents the quest for spiritual enlightenment and the celebration of different religious traditions” —Constance Stellas
58. “Sagittarius has so much on his mind, from past adventures, to future plans and reflections on life. Keep a journal to chronicle all of these thoughts and memories.”— Constance Stellas
59. “But Sag is one of those perplexing signs of duality, and so there’s always something contradictory in their natures;” — Linda Goodman
60. “Sagittarians are normally restless. They hate to sit or stand still. The archer is physically conspicuous, if only through his obvious confidence and his disregard for conventional behavior.” — Linda Goodman
Best Sagittarius Quotes For Those Under The Ninth Sign of The Zodiac
61. “Here it is in a nutshell: With Sagittarius, what you see is what you get.” – Trish MacGregor
62. “To love a Sagittarius is an adventure like no other. You must have a strong heart and an open mind. Be ready to let the good times roll!” – Maria Shaw’s
63. “At the end of the day, Sagittarius just wants to have fun.” – Mary Valby
64. “Besides, I’m a Sagittarius. We are the zodiac’s eternally sunny, hopeful sign.” – Gigi Anders
65. “As a Sagittarius, I’m an extrovert, and I can’t let the grass grow under my feet. At times I’m blunt and outspoken when I shouldn’t be. I want to get out and do things.” – Larry R. Gerlach
66. “Sagittarius epitomizes being in motion—you’re on a journey, whether this journey is physical, mental, or emotional. In the zodiac, you represent freedom, expansion, energy, and new ideas. You bring optimism and joy to others.” – Joanna Martine Woolfolk
67. “As a Sagittarius your transforming path is spirituality, and how you embrace the world is extremely important.” – Diane Eichenbaum
68. “As a Sagittarius, you know how to have a good time, and how to help other people do the same.” – Margarete Beim
69. “So, if you have a Sagittarius friend, keep in mind that it doesn’t matter a jot where you live, they will happily visit you wherever you are.” – Mary English
70. “I’m a Sagittarius, and because of that I’m spontaneous, sincere, and independent.” = Carmen L. Montañez
Sagittarius Quotes About Their Fire Personality
71. “A Sagittarius can be crude, wild wanderer, always seeking adventures and freedom from all restraint.” — A. P. Parashar
72. “Your defining quality as a Sagittarius is the gusto with which you breathe life into the most mundane or challenging phases, embracing and living each day to the fullest.” — Dadhichi Toth
73. “Sagittarius may sometimes seem both casual and careless, but never let that lead you to the grave error of underestimating the flashing Jupiter intuition and often brilliant mental processes.” — Linda Goodman
74. “Sagittarius can’t abide rules and jumps right in, relying on luck and inspiration to see it through, which they often do.” — Teresa Celsi
75. “We are Sagittarius WE THE BEST.” — DJ Khaled
76. “You have to earn a Sagittarian’s loyalty and until you do, they may come across as a bit detached. Once you earn their allegiance, you’ll have a Sag for life.” — Kristy Robinett
77. “December Sagittarius are blunt with the tongue. Don’t cross him with jealousy or else you’re done.” — Miriam G. Aw
78. “I’m a Sagittarius, I’m very keen on freedom. I love freedom, I love independence, I don’t like to be tied down, I like to travel.” — Britney Spears
79. “A mutable fire sign, Sagittarius represents the urge to push beyond present limits, to pursue dreams and ideas, and to share discoveries with other people.” — Skye Alexander
80. “I was in love with a Sagittarius, he blew my mind.” — Beyoncé
What did you learn from these Sagittarius quotes?
While they are not known for being the life of the party, they do make great friends.
They are honest, reliable, and rarely hold a grudge.
If you are the type of person who is rooted in facts and often corrects people, then you might trigger the Sagittarius stubborn streak!
This could end badly, but they will feel bad when the dust settles.
Romantically, the Sagittarius is notorious for picking less than ideal partners.
These partners enable their worst instincts and those who would help and love them get relegated to the friend zone pretty quickly.
They are not a sign that is typically spectacular in the bedroom either, but astrologically, they do have an ideal mate.
Their ideal match is often another Sagittarius, although an Aries female often works well with a male Sagittarius.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Sagittarius quotes and sayings?
Do you know anyone who is a Sagittarius?
Let us know, in the comment section below, if you agree with these Sagittarius quotes.
September 12, 2022 6:00 AM EST