The Bonnie and Clyde quotes below celebrate past and present interpretations of the ultimate ride-or-die couple.
The true story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow has inspired American movies, television shows, and music.
Tell us your favorite Bonnie and Clyde quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these Bonnie and Clyde quotes?
These Bonnie and Clyde quotes will:
- make you laugh
- give you a new perspective on relationships
- help you better understand the concept of a ride-or-die friend or lover
The story behind Bonnie and Clyde is based on a real-life American couple who traveled across the United States in the early 1930s robbing banks during the Great Depression.
They were known for their string of robberies and murders, but also gained notoriety for their charismatic personalities and glamorous image.
This led to a romanticiztion of their criminal lifestyle and a fascination with their story.
As a result, Bonnie and Clyde have been depicted in numerous films, books, songs, and television shows over the years, influencing the American public’s perception of them.
The first time Bonnie and Clyde were brought to the silver screen was in the 1967 movie Bonnie and Clyde, starring Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty.
Bonnie and Clyde have also inspired American pop culture, including the concept of a “ride-or-die,” which many rappers have adopted into their vernacular.
Their legendary status continues to this day, making them a cultural icon in American history.
Enjoy the dozens of fun Bonnie and Clyde quotes listed below!
Also, check out these Queen and Slim quotes to share with your ride-or-die.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Bonnie and Clyde quotes from Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow
1. “You’re a smart fella. You sure do know a lot about automobiles, don’t you?” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
You will also enjoy our article on Jay-z quotes.
2. “Next time I’ll aim a little lower!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
You will also enjoy our article on ride or die quotes.
3. “Why don’t y’all go back to your own cabin, if you want to play with C.W.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
4. “I’m even better at runnin’ than I am at robbin’ banks!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
5. “Your advertising’s just dandy… folks would never guess you don’t have a thing to sell.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
6. “Hell, you might just be the best damn girl in Texas.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
7. “When we started out… I thought we were really going somewhere. But this is it. We’re just going.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
8. “This here’s Miss Bonnie Parker. I’m Clyde Barrow. We rob banks.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
9. “Woo! A man with a record!” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
10. “We got a dollar ninety-eight, and you’re laughing!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
Bonnie and Clyde quotes to make you think
11. “Mama’s an old woman now. I don’t have no mama. No family either.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
12. “What would you do if some miracle happened and we could walk out of here tomorrow morning and start all over again clean? No record and nobody after us?” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
13. “It’s called The story of Bonnie and Clyde. You’ve heard of the story of Jesse James, of how he lived and died. If you’re still in need of something to read…here’s the story of Bonnie and Clyde.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
14. “You’re just like your brother. Ignorant, uneducated hillbilly, except the only special thing about you is your peculiar ideas about love-making, which is no love-making at all.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
15. “Now Ms. Parker, don’t you believe what you read in all them newspapers. That’s the law talkin’ there. They want us to look big so they gonna look big when they catch us. And they ain’t gonna catch us.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
16. “Shoot, if we’d done half that stuff they said we’d done in that paper, we’d be millionaires by now, wouldn’t we?” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
17. “You’re no Texas Ranger. You’re hardly doin’ your job. You ought to be home protectin’ the rights of poor folk, not out chasin’ after us!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
18. “If all you want’s a stud service, you get on back to West Dallas and you stay there the rest of your life. You’re worth more than that. A lot more than that.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
19. “You could find a lover boy on every damn corner in town. It don’t make a damn to them whether you’re waitin’ on tables or pickin’ cotton, but it does make a damn to me.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
20. “You try to get something to eat around here and some son of a bitch comes up to you with a meat cleaver.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
21. “You know, down in Duncanville last year, poor farmers kept you Iaws away from us with shotguns. You’re supposed to be protecting them from us and they’re protecting us from you.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
22. “You know what you done there? You told my story, you told my whole story right there. One time, I told you I was gonna make you somebody. That’s what you done for me. You made me somebody they’re gonna remember.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
23. “You got somethin’ better than bein’ a waitress. You and me travelin’ together, we could cut a path clean across this state and Kansas and Missouri and Oklahoma and everybody’d know about it. You listen to me, Miss Bonnie Parker. You listen to me.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
Bonnie and Clyde quotes from popular rappers
24. “All I need in this life of sin is me and my girlfriend.” – Jay Z, “03 Bonnie and Clyde”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of girlfriend quotes every guy should read.
25. “Queen with a crown that be down for whatever. There are few things that’s forever, my lady.” – Method Man, “All I Need”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Megan Thee Stallion quotes to inspire your hot girl.
Who’s the Bonnie to your Clyde or vice versa?
Being a ride-or-die doesn’t have to involve withstanding violence or crime as it did for the original Bonnie and Clyde.
Being a ride-or-die means being there for someone through a relationship’s inevitable trials.
In life, the unexpected happens all the time.
It’s reassuring to have someone, whether a significant other or a friend, who will stand by you through the storm and into the sunshine.
What’s your favorite Bonnie and Clyde quote above?
Are there any quotes that you’re planning to share?
Let us know in the comments section below!