The Bonnie and Clyde quotes below celebrate past and present interpretations of the ultimate ride or die couple.
The true story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow has inspired American movies, television shows, and music.
Who’s your favorite ride or die couple?
The story behind Bonnie and Clyde is based upon a real-life American couple who traveled across the United States robbing banks during the Great Depression.
The first time Bonnie and Clyde were brought to the silver screen was in the 1967 movie Bonnie and Clyde, starring Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. Bonnie and Clyde have also inspired American pop culture, including the concept of a “ride-or-die”, which many rappers have adopted into their vernacular.
Today, we’re going to dive into the many ways Bonnie and Clyde have influenced American pop culture.
Enjoy the dozens of fun Bonnie and Clyde quotes listed below!
Also, check out these Queen and Slim quotes to share with your ride or die.
Bonnie and Clyde quotes from Bonnie Parker
1. “You’re a smart fella. You sure do know a lot about automobiles, don’t you?” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
2. “Why don’t y’all go back to your own cabin, if you want to play with C.W.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
3. “Your advertising’s just dandy… folks would never guess you don’t have a thing to sell.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
4. “When we started out… I thought we were really going somewhere. But this is it. We’re just going.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
5. “Woo! A man with a record!” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
6. “What would you do if some miracle happened and we could walk out of here tomorrow morning and start all over again clean? No record and nobody after us?” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
7. “Mama’s an old woman now. I don’t have no mama. No family either.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
8. “It’s called The story of Bonnie and Clyde. You’ve heard of the story of Jesse James, of how he lived and died. If you’re still in need of something to read…here’s the story of Bonnie and Clyde.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
9. “You’re just like your brother. Ignorant, uneducated hillbilly, except the only special thing about you is your peculiar ideas about love-making, which is no love-making at all.” – Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway)
Bonnie and Clyde quotes from Clyde Barrow
10. “This here’s Miss Bonnie Parker. I’m Clyde Barrow. We rob banks.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
11. “Now Ms. Parker, don’t you believe what you read in all them newspapers. That’s the law talkin’ there. They want us to look big so they gonna look big when they catch us. And they ain’t gonna catch us.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
12. “I’m even better at runnin’ than I am at robbin’ banks!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
13. “Shoot, if we’d done half that stuff they said we’d done in that paper, we’d be millionaires by now, wouldn’t we?” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
14. “You’re no Texas Ranger. You’re hardly doin’ your job. You ought to be home protectin’ the rights of poor folk, not out chasin’ after us!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
15. “If all you want’s a stud service, you get on back to West Dallas and you stay there the rest of your life. You’re worth more than that. A lot more than that.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
16. “You could find a lover boy on every damn corner in town. It don’t make a damn to them whether you’re waitin’ on tables or pickin’ cotton, but it does make a damn to me.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
17. “Hell, you might just be the best damn girl in Texas.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
18. “We got a dollar ninety-eight, and you’re laughing!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
19. “You try to get something to eat around here and some son of a bitch comes up to you with a meat cleaver.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
20. “You know, down in Duncanville last year, poor farmers kept you Iaws away from us with shotguns. You’re supposed to be protecting them from us and they’re protecting us from you.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
21. “You know what you done there? You told my story, you told my whole story right there. One time, I told you I was gonna make you somebody. That’s what you done for me. You made me somebody they’re gonna remember.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
22. “Next time I’ll aim a little lower!” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
23. “You got somethin’ better than bein’ a waitress. You and me travelin’ together, we could cut a path clean across this state and Kansas and Missouri and Oklahoma and everybody’d know about it. You listen to me, Miss Bonnie Parker. You listen to me.” – Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty)
Bonnie and Clyde quotes from popular rappers
24. “All I need in this life of sin is me and my girlfriend.” – Jay Z, “03 Bonnie and Clyde”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of girlfriend quotes every guy should read.
25. “Queen with a crown that be down for whatever. There are few things that’s forever, my lady.” – Method Man, “All I Need”
26. “I’ma ride or die and I don’t need the keys.” – Megan Thee Stallion, “Ride or Die”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Megan Thee Stallion quotes to inspire your hot girl.
27. “If I call would you ride, baby? Need you right by my side, baby.” – Fetty Wap, “Ride or Die”
28. “I got a .45 in my Louis bag, yeah. And I’m always ride for my man.” – Jazmine Sullivan, “#HoodLove”
29. “In the end, it’s him and I. He’s out his head, I’m out my mind.” – Halsey, “Him & I”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Halsey quotes to motivate you to be yourself.
30. “Would you ride for the kid, would you lie for the kid? Death before dishonor.” – Future, “Rider”
Bonnie and Clyde quotes to share with your ride or die
31. “No road is long with good company.” — Turkish Proverb
32. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
33. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
34. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
35. “Love doesn’t make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
36. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” — Yoko Ono
37. “A relationship where you can be weird together is your best choice.” – Paulo Coelho
38. “People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.” – Mother Teresa
39. “So much of life is being present with the people you love.” – Shane Parrish
Bonnie and Clyde quotes about having a strong relationship
40. “Every relationship has its problems but what makes it perfect is when you still want to be there when everything goes wrong.” – Ritu Ghatourey
41. “Problems should be like speed bumps. You slow down just to get over it, but you don’t let it stop you from heading to your destination.” – Sonya Parker
42. “All relationships go through bad times, but real relationships get through bad times.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
43. “Hold no grudges and practice forgiveness. This is the key to having peace in all your relationships.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
44. “A relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, you fix the light bulb.” – Bernajoy Vaal
45. “The extent to which two people in a relationship can bring up and resolve issues is a critical marker of the soundness of a relationship.” – Henry Cloud
46. “Good communication is less about saying what you mean, and more about defining what you say.” – Kelli Jae Baeli
47. “You cannot love a thing without wanting to fight for it.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
48. “You have to put work into relationships to keep them fun.” – Cecily Strong
49. “In general, the problem in a relationship is when the couple stagnate.” – Simon Baker
50. “Courage means to keep working a relationship, to continue seeking solutions to difficult problems, and to stay focused during stressful periods.” – Denis Waitley
Who’s the Bonnie to your Clyde or vice versa?
Being a ride or die doesn’t necessarily have to involve withstanding violence or crime as it did for the original Bonnie and Clyde.
Being a ride or die means being there for someone through the inevitable ups and downs of a relationship.
In life, the unexpected happens all the time. It’s all the more reassuring to have someone, whether a significant other or a friend, that will stand by you through the storm and into the sunshine.
What’s your favorite Bonnie and Clyde quote above? Are there any quotes that you’re planning to share? Let us know in the comments section below!
June 11, 2020 7:36 AM EST