If you feel like good and evil forces battle in your life, these Spiritual Warfare quotes are perfect for you!
Spiritual warfare is known among Christian believers as the battle between good and evil, or specifically, the fight between The Holy Spirit and demons.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
- Christian Quotes To Inspire Faith & Love
- Godly Quotes About Choosing A Godly Life
- Devil Quotes to Help You Triumph Against Evil
It is the battle of unseen forces that are waging war around us and in our lives.
Spiritual warfare is ultimately the battle for our soul, with the winner taking control of your life and leading you to heaven or hell.
Although some outside the Evangelical Christian faith reject spiritual warfare, most religions or cultures believe in a good versus evil struggle in their lives or within themselves.
Take a look at these Spiritual Warfare Quotes to learn more about the battle of good versus evil.
Best Spiritual Warfare Quotes
Here are the best spiritual warfare quotes.
1. “The #1 key to spiritual warfare is prayer.” — Jacob Peterson
2. “The loyalty of the Soldier is proved in battle.” — Martin Luther
3. “Christ is my standard, the Bible is my guide, and His Blood is my healer.” — Anya vonderLuft
4. “Even if your world feels dark right now, the darkness has not and never will overcome the light!” — Sadie Robertson
5. “When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person that walked in. That’s what the storm is all about.” — Haruki Murakami
6. “A clay pot sitting in the sun will always be a clay pot. It has to go through the white heat of the furnace to become porcelain.” — Mildred Witte Struven
7. “Love Christ, and you will hate that which caused His death. Love Him, and you will love to be made like Him – and hate that which is so contrary to Him.” — Richard Baxter
8. “Only as we reckon on these twin facts – that I am dead to sin and its reign over me and that I am alive to God, united to Him who strengthens me – can I keep sin from reigning in my mortal body.” — Jerry Bridges
9. “Everybody’s not going to understand where God has called you to go, but that is not an excuse for you not to go there. Then, when He puts you in certain places, it’s a spiritual warfare to stay there.” — CeCe Winans
10. “When you willingly or unknowingly are under the control of any power other than God’s Holy Spirit (e.g., drugs, alcohol, sex, another person, your peer group, a false religion, a self-centered habit such as gossip or laziness, or a self-oriented desire for power, food, or wealth), you are in bondage to sin.” — John Borger
Inspirational Spiritual Warfare Quotes
Here are some Spiritual Warfare Quotes to inspire you!
11. “Prayer is picking a fight with the Enemy.” — Mark Batterson
12. “Our tent is pitched not in a paradise, but on a field of battle.” – LE Maxwell
13. “If God were not my friend, Satan would not be so much my enemy.” — Thomas Brooks
14. “The greatest spiritual battle of our generation is being fought between our ears.” — Jennie Allen
15. “Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict determined to win or die—or if need be, to win and die!” — Charles Finney
16. “We should not be ignorant of Satan’s devices, and these ugly memories are one of the main weapons in his arsenal.” — Jim Cymbala
17. “But of the great spiritual warfare – its watchings and strugglings, its agonies and anxieties, its battles and contests – of all things they appear to know nothing at all.” — J. C. Ryle
18. “Take up the shield of faith and fight the battles of the Lord vigorously. You especially must stand as a wall against every height which raises itself against the knowledge of God.” — Pope Gregory XVI
19. “You’re like the traffic warden who raises his hand, and the vehicles stop. They don’t stop because he can physically bring the vehicles to a halt, but because he is representing and upholding the authority of the state.” — Pedro Okoro
20. “If you want to fight hell and the power of darkness that seek to destroy the hearts of our daughters, I know a type of spiritual warfare that creates value in a daughter’s spirit. It is called “Taking your Daughter out for tea” or “Going to Her Soccer Game,” and it works in direct opposition to the agenda of hell and darkness that wants to destroy their lives.” — Jim Anderson
Spiritual Warfare Quotes From The Bible
Enjoy these Spiritual Warfare Quotes straight from the Bible (NIV)!
21. “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” — Romans 12:21
22. “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” — James 4:7
23. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” — Ephesians 6:11
24. “He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.” — Revelation 20:2
25. “Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” — Matthew 4:10-11
26. “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” — 1 Peter 5:8
27. “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” — Ephesians 4:26-27
28. “The one who does what is sinful is of the devil because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.” — 1 John 3:8
29. “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” — Ephesians 6:12
30. “Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.” — 2 Timothy 2:25-26
Spiritual Warfare Quotes About The Enemy
Here is a collection of spiritual warfare quotes about the enemy.
31. “Mock the devil, and he will flee from thee.” — Edward de Bono
32. “The first step on the way to victory is to recognize the enemy.” — Corrie Ten Boom
33. “Satan, like a fisher, baits his hook according to the appetite of the fish.” — Thomas Adams
34. “Temptation is not his (Satan’s) strongest weapon. Despair is.” — Dennis Garvin
35. “The enemy will not see you vanish into God’s company without an effort to reclaim you.” — C.S. Lewis
36. “The nature of the enemy’s warfare in your life is to cause you to become discouraged and to cast away your confidence.” — Bob Sorge
37. “How can you look longingly upon Satan’s offerings when the cross of Christ is in front of your eyes? Christ’s love constrains our hearts to seek holiness.” — Iain Duguid
38. “[Fear] is Satan’s weapon held in reserve. When alluring temptations fail, he opens his quiver and shoots these arrows to set the soul on fire, if not with sin then with terror.” — William Gurnall
39. “When we do not get what we want, the devil uses a snake-headed bitterness that rears up from the caverns of the heart to destroy others and ourselves. Satan also tries to lead us to mistrust God and so to put God to the test.” — David Garland
40. “Our arch-enemy is Satan who “walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8). The way in which he devours unwary people is by tempting them to sin – by convincing them that sin is a more rewarding master than Christ.” — Jim Elliff
More Spiritual Warfare Quotes
Enjoy some more spiritual warfare quotes!
41. “This world is a military expedition, an eternal combat.” — Joseph de Maistre
42. “I absolutely believe in spiritual warfare and have experienced it in my life.” — Ashley Judd
43. “The battlefield on which the war between Christ and Satan is fought is the mind.” — Timothy R. Jennings
44. “I believe that the attacks on your life have much more to do with who you might be in the future than who you have been in the past.” — Lisa Bevere
45. “There are two views which the Christian ought to cultivate with all that he has: the Devil’s back and the face of God [see James 4:7].” — Kent Hughes
56. “Faith is the leading grace in all our spiritual warfare and conflict; but all along while we live, it hath faithful company that adheres to it, and helps it.” — John Owen
47. “The battle for your life is fought and won in your mind. God wants you to take control of your mind, in Jesus’ name, through the power of His Holy Spirit.” — Louie Giglio
48. “Spiritual warfare is very real. There is a furious, fierce, and ferocious battle raging in the realm of the spirit between the forces of God and the forces of evil.” — Pedro Okoro
49. “The strongest people in my life are the ones who know how to win battles behind closed doors that no one knows about. They know how to rise above the hard and pursue the holy.” — Nicki Koziarz
50. “I definitely think that since I’ve become born again, if you understand in the supernatural realm the spiritual warfare that goes on every day, I’ve had far greater challenges on a personal level than before I became a Christian.” — Stephen Baldwin
What Does the Bible Have to Say About Spiritual Warfare?
The Bible clearly states that there is a battle between good and evil.
Many verses tell of the evil trying to rule your life.
One of the most famous verses about spiritual warfare is 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 which states, “For though we walk in flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but have divine power to destroy strongholds.”
Please share these Spiritual Warfare Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the subject in the comment section below.