Squid Game Quotes from the Popular Netflix Series
April 11, 2023 7:13 AM EST
Tell us what you think of these Squid Game quotes and the show in the comments.
Squid Game is Netflix’s newest craze original series from South Korea released in September 2021.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A Parrot Analytics study revealed that Squid Game had 3.7 times the global average demand for television series, positioning it as the most in-demand show across all platforms in 2021.
This data reinforces the notion that Squid Game quotes will resonate with a large number of viewers who have already demonstrated interest in the show.
Due to its unique storyline and violent nature, it quickly gained popularity all over the world.
It is a survival drama combined with a thriller-horror aspect that features money-trapped individuals who need money to survive the daily issues they face.
The characters are then invited to play Koren kid games, promising them an unbelievable amount of reward money.
As expected, they hastily accept the challenge without realizing that their own lives are at stake.
In each game, the players must play for their survival until only one is left and will be declared to be the winner and take home the blood money.
Here are some of the most memorable squid game quotes that will haunt you.
Don’t forget to also check out these SuperStore quotes from the comedy series.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Squid Game quotes from Kang Sae-Byeok
In a report by Bloomberg, Squid Game generated an estimated $900 million in value for Netflix within just a month of its release.
By providing Squid Game quotes, you are tapping into the cultural zeitgeist of a show that has had a significant economic impact on the streaming industry.
1. “I don’t trust people. Especially the ones who ended up here.” — Kang Sae-Byeok
2. “You took more from me than whatever I might possibly owe.” — Kang Sae-Byeok
3. “Don’t do it. That isn’t you. You’re a good person at heart.” — Kang Sae-Byeok
Squid Game quotes from Ji-Yeong
According to a Morning Consult survey, Squid Game’s social media mentions skyrocketed by 4,385% in just two weeks after its premiere.
By incorporating Squid Game quotes in your article, you can potentially leverage this massive social media engagement, driving more interest in your content.
4. “You have a reason to get out of here, but I don’t.” — Ji-Yeong
5. “One of us is gonna die here, so it doesn’t matter what we tell each other. No one can really be embarrassed anymore.” — Ji-Yeong
6. “Let’s do it together. I’ll make sure that you win.” — Ji-Yeong
You will also enjoy our article on Private Lives quotes.
Squid Game quotes from Seong Gi-Hun
A study by the University of California, Riverside found that discussing popular culture and shared media experiences can help people form social connections.
By sharing Squid Game quotes, readers may be encouraged to engage in conversations about the show, fostering a sense of community and connection with others who have also enjoyed the series.
7. “You don’t trust people because they are trustworthy. You do it because you have nothing else to rely on.” — Seong Gi-Hun
8. “How much is the truth? And how much is a lie?” — Seong Gi-Hun
9. “Do you think money solves everything?” — Seong Gi-Hun
10. “Growing up, I’d always lose my umbrella so my mom would get angry. So then, she gave me broken ones to bring to school.” — Seong Gi-Hun
11. “These days, even women go to war. I mean, when you finally get older, there’s not gonna be that kind of discrimination like we got now.” — Seong Gi-Hun
Squid Game quotes from Cho Sang-Woo
A study conducted by the University of California, Davis, found that sharing quotes from movies or TV shows can increase social bonding and promote a sense of community.
This suggests that sharing Squid Game quotes can help bring people together and strengthen social connections.
12. “When we were young, we used to play like this and our moms would invite us to dinner. That won’t happen again.” — Cho Sang-Woo
13. “I’m alive because I did my best to survive.” — Cho Sang-Woo
14. “I think it would put us at a disadvantage if we just choose one. There’s this saying in investing, ‘Try not to keep your eggs in the same basket.’” — Cho Sang-Woo
Squid Game quotes from Jang Deok-Su
A survey by Morning Consult revealed that Squid Game is the most popular Netflix show of all time, with 62% of respondents saying they have watched it.
This shows the show’s massive popularity and the potential reach of Squid Game quotes.
15. “This is hell. What are the rules in hell?” — Jang Deok-Su
16. “It doesn’t matter how tough you are, you’re not going to win in this place. Not on your own.” — Jang Deok-Su
17. “Didn’t you notice? Those jerks with masks came in and removed the beds of the people who died. Make one mistake out there, and yours is next.” — Jang Deok-Su
Squid Game quotes from Oh Il-Nam
According to a study by the University of Exeter, quotes from movies or TV shows can provide emotional support and inspiration for viewers during difficult times.
This suggests that sharing Squid Game quotes can help people cope with stress and anxiety.
18. “Look at me, life is short.” — Oh Il-Nam
19. “Doing something is always more fun than just watching.” — Oh Il-Nam
20. “Do you still trust people? Even after everything you’ve been through?” — Oh Il-Nam
21. “Do you know what people who have no money have in common with people who have too much money? Living is no fun.” — Oh Il-Nam
22. “As a kid, I’m willing to bet you got spanked a lot.” — Oh Il-Nam
23. “Life is like a game, there are many players. If you don’t play with them, they’ll play with you.” — Oh Il-Nam
24. “The star sounds great. Good with me. Besides, nobody really sees many stars these days.” — Oh Il-Nam
Squid Game quotes from Han Mi-Nyeo
According to Netflix, Squid Game was watched by 111 million households worldwide within the first month of its release.
This statistic can be used to demonstrate the widespread popularity of the show, and how its themes and quotes have resonated with audiences around the world.
25. “I’m good at everything except the things that I can’t do.” — Han Mi-Nyeo
Squid game is definitely a must-watch series for its creativity and plot twists.
It reflects the looming gap between the rich and poor, where poor people struggle to survive in this world, becoming slaves to money and power.
The viewers can relate to the tricks played on the players in this series as it reflects the ugly side of human nature exemplified by greed and deception.
The show appeals to our human vulnerability to greed.
What would you do when you had a chance to turn your life around?
When faced with unimaginable wealth, will you be able to keep your humanity?
Share these Squid Game quotes and sayings with fellow fans while waiting for the second season of this amazing Korean series.