Good Afternoon Quotes To Brighten Your Day
March 7, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Are you looking for creative ways to wish someone a good afternoon or just some beautiful good afternoon quotes?
This compilation of funny, heartfelt, and philosophical sayings and greetings is just what you need then!
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study published in the journal Emotion, receiving positive text messages from loved ones can lead to increased feelings of happiness and well-being.
This highlights the potential impact of sending good afternoon quotes to brighten someone’s day.
There are good afternoon quotes for her that are sure to make your sweetheart know you are thinking about her during the day.
For tea lovers, there is even a section about how special tea time is!
It can be easy to get caught up in the business of our mornings.
It can be a bustling time to try and get everyone ready and where they need to be.
There always seems to be a lot of work on our to-do lists first thing in the morning too!
The evenings can be more of the same with dinner, kid’s activities, and other household stuff to do.
The afternoon can be the perfect time to appreciate the beauty of your life, and there are even some suggestions about how to spend a lazy afternoon if you find yourself lucky enough to enjoy a few extra moments.
Take a breather and enjoy these good afternoon quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Good afternoon quotes about the things you can do to ensure you have a good one
A survey conducted by YouGov found that over 80% of Americans feel happier when someone wishes them a good afternoon.
This suggests that simple acts of kindness and positivity can powerfully affect our mood and outlook.
1. “If you come at four in the afternoon, I’ll begin to be happy by three.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
2. “Home may be where the heart is but it’s no place to spend Wednesday afternoon.” — Walker Percy
You will also enjoy our article on Monday motivation quotes.
3. “A dead afternoon in a dark bar was not the worst of fates.” — Don DeLillo
You will also enjoy our article on Tuesday quotes.
4. “A frozen daiquiri of a scorching afternoon is soothing. It makes living more tolerable.” — Tallulah Bankhead
You will also enjoy our article on Thursday quotes.
5. “Mornings belong to whatever is new. The current composition. Afternoons are for naps and letters.” — Stephen King
You will also enjoy our article on Wednesday quotes.
6. “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best. Good Afternoon.” — St. Jerome
You will also enjoy our article on coffee quotes.
7. “Who can resist sleep at two or three in the afternoon in these sunlit parts of the Mediterranean?” ― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes.
8. “Spend the afternoon. You can’t take it with you.” — Annie Dillard
You will also enjoy our article on Sunday quotes.
9. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” — A.D. Posey
You will also enjoy our article on thinking of you quotes.
10. “If me and my friends are feeling decadent, we go for afternoon tea.” – Sophie McShera
Philosophical good afternoon quotes
A study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science found that expressing gratitude can lead to increased feelings of happiness and contentment.
Good afternoon quotes that express appreciation and gratitude can be a meaningful way to show appreciation for the important people in our lives.
11. “If I had a free afternoon, I would play music, sit in my backyard, and drink coffee.” – Aja Naomi King
You will also enjoy our article on rainy day quotes.
12. “Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky doing all its brilliant stuff.” – Joan Didion
You will also enjoy our article on The Waterboy quotes.
13. “Her legs swing complete afternoons away.” –- Jill Eisenstadt
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
14. “The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.” — Robert Frost
15. “The most dreamless and introspective time of day, a sort of midnight of the daytime” ― Amit Chaudhuri, Calcutta: Two Years in the City
16. “You cannot plant an acorn in the morning, and expect that afternoon to sit in the shade of an oak.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
17. “It is the end of a fine bronze-tinted afternoon with purple shadows and febrile scraps of cloud.” — Daniel Arsand
18. “Millions long for the immortality who don’t’ know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.” — Susan Ertz
19. “We should live our lives as though Christ were coming this afternoon.” – Jimmy Carter
20. “And this is how we loved it: a fifth of vodka and an afternoon in the attic.” — Ocean Vuong
Good afternoon quotes about tea time and coffee
21. “Good afternoon,’ I said cheerfully, with an especially saccharine smile for the High Lord.” — Sarah J. Maas
22. “This afternoon he will play guitar and sing ‘I Taste A LiquorNever Brewed.’” — Hans Ostrom
23. “I’m never any good in the morning. It is only after four in the afternoon that I get going.” — Stephen Hawking
24. “Leave me a smile just warm enough to spend a million golden afternoons in.” — Sanober Khan
25. “I like the pause that tea allows.” — Waris Ahluwalia
26. “Tea! Bless ordinary everyday afternoon tea!” — Agatha Christie
27. “Never drink black coffee at lunch; it will keep you awake all afternoon.” — Jilly Cooper
28. “Tea time is a chance to slow down, pull back and appreciate our surroundings.” — Letitia Baldrige
29. “Everyone’s saved, we’re in the grave. See you there for afternoon tea.” — Jethro Tull
30. “What’ll we do with ourselves this afternoon? And the day after that, and the next thirty years?” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Funny good afternoon quotes
31. “Be bright like the afternoon sun and let everyone who sees you feel inspired by all the great things you do. You have one life here on earth. Make it count in whatever way you can.” — Delna Rose
32. “Are you stuck again on an afternoon with nothing to do? Start with your dreams, decide where you want to be and create a plan to reach there. Every little step will lead you closer to your destiny.” — John Ross
33. “Afternoons are hard. Mornings are pure evil from the pits of hell, which is why I don’t do them anymore.” — Rachel Caine
34. “My daily routine: Morning: Feeling tired, cranky and lazy. Afternoon: I could go for a nap. Night: I can’t sleep.” — Unknown
35. “Sleeplessness at night is not always a medical condition for some people. Sometimes it’s the punishment from God for those who sleep during such a beautiful afternoon!” — Unknown
36. “I don’t always say good afternoon to anyone, but when I say, I say it to mean that I’m ready for the afternoon party!” — Unknown
37. “What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves that makes you want to get drunk!” — Unknown
38. “Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me, those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” — Henry James
39. “As you climb the ladder of success, check occasionally to make sure it is leaning against the right wall. Good Afternoon and Good Day!” — Swati Khare
40. “I was enjoying this beautiful afternoon so much when I thought of you and said to myself, that idiot friend of mine must be sleeping. What a misfortune of you to miss such a beautiful afternoon!” — Unknown
Good Afternoon Quotes To Help You Feel Refreshed
41. “If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live.” – Lin Yutang
42. “I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.” – Ronald Reagan
43. “Good afternoon guys, just remember that no matter where you are right now focus and a positive mindset can lead you to where you want to be in life.” – Allan Thicke
44. “The afternoon of a human life must also have a significance of its own, and cannot be merely a pitiful appendage to life’s morning.” — Carl Gustav Jung
45. “China tea, the scent of hyacinths, wood fires and bowls of violets â that is my mental picture of an agreeable February afternoon.” — Constance Spry
46. “Bliss…as though you’d suddenly swallowed a bright piece of that afternoon sun and it burned in your bosom, sending out a little shower of sparks into every particle.” — Katherine Mansfield
47. “Nobody looks at the moon in the afternoon, and this is the moment when it would most require our attention, since its existence is still in doubt.” — Italo Calvino
48. “There comes a time late in the afternoon when the light is just so and my circadian rhythms are at exactly at a certain point, when the only solid thought in my mind is to run.” — Alison Townsend
49. “What I most enjoyed about this afternoon tea sessions was it was a time when my grandfather would engage our inquisitive young minds in discussions about anything under the sun.” — Jodi-Anne Williams-Rogers
50. “It is the still, yellow kind of afternoon when one is apt to get stuck in a dream if one sits very quiet.” – Dodie Smith
Good Afternoon Quotes and Sayings To Add Some Fun
51. “Sometimes I reminisce about the chances I missed on a dull afternoon. Then I remind myself that I am not here by accident and I can still have opportunities to own. I take up a winning attitude and win through the day.” — Oregon Mass
52. “There is an hour in the afternoon when the plane is on the verge of saying something. It never says, or perhaps it says it infinitely, or perhaps we do not understand it, or we understand it and it is untranslatable as music.” — Jorge Luis Borges
53. “If I was a dove i woud daily bring you peace. A sheep I would bring you miracles, an angel I would bring you love, but since I’m only human I can only wish you the best. Good afternoon.” — Mundia Andy
54. “You could get a simple idea one afternoon that could completely change your life. Great innovators just needed one idea to change everything. Keep striving and you will reach success.” — Doreen Bill
55. “I would just like to mention Robert Houdin who in the eighteen century invented the vanishing bird cage trick and the theater matinee – may he rot and perish. Good afternoon.” — Orson Welles
56. “Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I would rather say it is more necessary because health is worth more than learning.” — Thomas Jefferson
57. “Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o’clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.” — Barbara Jordan
58. “To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.” — Milan Kundera
59. “Learning history is so easy but making history is so difficult. Make a history of yourself and make others learn it! Good Afternoon!” — Vrishab
60. “Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.” — Chris Klein
Good Afternoon Quotes To Give You A Jovial Mood
61. “It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.” — Hank Aaron
62. “The afternoon is not only the middle of the day it is the time to complete our essential task and go ahead in life.” — Shashikant Shinde
63. “Under certain circumstances there are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.” — Henry James
64. “The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it with the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
65. “Good afternoon baby / I sure missed you while I was gone / But you know I got to work honey / Hey, let’s just do something later on.” — Chris Rogers
66. “If I didn’t finish my meat, I had to sit with it for most of the afternoon. No wonder I’m a vegetarian now.” — Celia Imrie
67. “The afternoon tea tradition is something I hope to carry forward with my own children and perhaps my grandchildren someday.” — Jodi-Anne Williams-Rogers
68. “There is nothing so wrong in this world that a sensible woman can’t set it right in the course of an afternoon.” — Giraudoux
69. “We entered Gettysburg in the afternoon, just in time to meet the enemy entering the town, and in good season to drive him back before he got a foothold.” — John Buford
70. “The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboo, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pine is heard in our kettle.” — Okakura Kakuzō
Good afternoon quotes for her that will make her melt
71. “Good afternoon to the most beautiful lady in my life.” — Unknown
72. “Good afternoon my lovely queen.” — Unknown
73. “Hey beautiful! Hope your day is as beautiful as you are. Good afternoon sweetheart.” — Unknown
74. “I give you my heart, full of love and passion. Wishing you a beautiful afternoon.” — Unknown
75. “My day is not whole without wishing you a wonderful afternoon. Good afternoon, sweetheart.” — Unknown
76. “Don’t rest until your afternoon is better, hope this good afternoon text message makes it much better. Good Afternoon!” — Unknown
77. “Darling, it’s another wonderful afternoon, May your dreams and aspirations be fulfilled. I love you.” — Unknown
78. “My afternoon is not complete without a thought of you and telling you how much you mean the world to me. Good afternoon, my love. Have a pleasant day ahead.” — Unknown
79. “Good afternoon to the one who holds the keys to my heart! I hope you had a wonderful morning. Good afternoon sweetheart.” — Unknown
80. “It is a wonderful afternoon, but it is more wonderful when I hear your beautiful voice. I love you, sweetheart. Have a good afternoon.” — Unknown
Good Afternoon Quotes for a Relaxed Afternoon
81. “Baseball is for the leisurely afternoons of summer and for the unchanging dreams.” ― Roger Kahn
82. “The greatest luxury is being able to go to movies and plays now and then in the afternoons.” ― Robert MacNeil
83. “Good afternoon, everybody-ugh, Jesus, gimme a sec.” ― Barack Obama
84. “I like to take afternoon naps in the nude.” ― Cleo Moore
85. “I like to sleep about four or five really solid hours at night, and then sometimes take a nap in the afternoon or early evening after dinner. I love naps.” ― Dan Chaon
86. “What I really want from Music: That it be cheerful and profound like an afternoon in October.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
87. “I worried she might spend an afternoon chatting with me about the sights and then wish me best of luck.” ― Arthur Golden
88. “I wished only to be set down in Canada, and take one honest walk there as I might in Concord woods of an afternoon.” ― Henry David Thoreau
89. “You might not believe it, but there are times when I feel the TV and radio shows demand more of me than those Sunday afternoon games.” ― Boomer Esiason
90. “From the age of three, I played every day-morning, afternoon and night.” ― Lionel Messi
Good Afternoon Quotes for a Relaxed Afternoon
91. “At the time of day when the afternoon draws close to twilight, my memory floats back to the pristine days of my childhood in the early 1980s.” ― Jodi-Anne Williams-Rogers
92. “In the afternoon we / returned the same way, / And had the picture in our minds of magnificent regions of space / and mountain not seen before.” ― Robinson Jeffers
93. “Time pulses from the afternoon like blood from a serious wound.” ― Hilma Wolitzer
94. “Each day brings two low tides and two high tides, but not always at the same time. Low tide shifts forward approximately an hour each day, moving from morning to noon to afternoon to evening over a period of time.” ― Hal Higdon
95. “I felt like I could see and hear everything. When I crossed the finish line that afternoon, I felt glorious, like I was going to live forever.” ― David Hobler
96. “However, football’s so hard it is almost a sin / Victory takes time / More than flipping a dime / If it were so easy why / Waste a Sunday afternoon.” ― Robert Curran
97. “That’s the way we all feel about conservation— it won’t come this afternoon, but we ought to get started this afternoon, if it’s ever going to come.” ― John F. Kennedy
98. “What vague, delicious dreams, / Born of this golden hour of afternoon, / And air balm-freighted, fill the soul with bliss, / Transpierced like yonder clouds with lustrous gleams, / Fantastic, brief as they, and, like them, spun / Of gilded nothingness!” ― Emma Lazarus
99. “The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pine is heard in our kettle.” ― Okakura Kakuzō
100. “The afternoon with my parents was a beautiful sunny day that began with a tour of the historic winery in the morning.” ― Kate Fiduccia
Good Afternoon Quotes to Find Joy in the Afternoon
101. “An afternoon well spent brings a happy sleep.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
102. “The afternoon has come to imply that the end is near.” ― Henry James
103. “In the afternoon of life we shall be judged on love, and not one of us is going to come off very well, and were it not for my absolute faith I could not live.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
104. “Afternoon, a time for reflection, a time for calmness, a time for renewal.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
105. “The afternoon is a great time for reflection and for resetting for the rest of the day.” ― Oprah Winfrey
106. “The afternoon has its own beauty, different from the morning and the night.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
107. “Life is like a camera. Just focus on the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, take another shot.” ― Zig Ziglar
108. “I still maintain that an ordinary human being has the right to be horrified by a mangled body seen on an afternoon walk.” ― Timothy Findley
109. “I like the good life too much, I’m not good at going on stage night after night and on wet Wednesday afternoons.” ― Anthony Hopkins
110. “It’s afternoon, and the world is beautiful, yet still so full of possibility.” ― Maya Angelou
Afternoons are a treasure
Some people hit their stride in the morning and are off running, but that isn’t the case with everyone.
However, there are people like Stephen Hawking who said, “I’m never any good in the morning.
It is only after four in the afternoon that I get going.”
It doesn’t make a difference which type of person you are, as long as you can recognize your rhythm and put it to good use!
If you are a morning person then do your most important tasks then.
Then you can relax in the afternoon, maybe even with a cup of tea or coffee.
Try and enjoy all the times of the day and be grateful for the opportunities that they each offer.
Morning, noon, or night this is your life, and all parts of the day should be appreciated.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these good afternoon quotes and sayings?
Share your favorite time of the day or ways to spend the afternoon with us in the comment section below.