These stealing quotes will make you learn some fantastic lessons about theft.
Not only that, but they also communicate some severe punishments for the thieves.
Even though we all intensely dislike stealing, some people still do it.
Stealing can turn into behavior that ends lives.
Don’t be someone who steals and gets caught; that person will never be trustworthy.
There can be multiple reasons that can involve a person stealing.
It can be due to peer pressure, it can be poor impulse control, it can be a lack of knowledge and understanding, or it can simply be a thrilling adventure.
To correct the stealing behavior, it is essential to understand the cause, and reading stealing quotes can be an excellent choice to understand the psychology of thieves.
The thing that is stolen doesn’t need to have some physical appearance, you can steal an idea, a business model, or someone’s business name or logo, and all these are equally wrong and offensive.
Anything you take or replicate without the owner’s permission comes under stealing and has some severe punishments you will understand after reading the quotes.
Tips that can help you to prevent stealing
- Increase your security
- Consider getting an alarm system installed
- Install anti-shock and anti-shatter plastic on the windows
- Keep the things you need for yourself, and place extra items in the locker
Now that you know how to prevent stealing, let’s look at how to prevent cyber stealing.
How to prevent cyber stealing
Cyber stealing or online stealing is at its peak these days.
Most banks and government offices protected by high security have also encountered it and are still trying to overcome their loopholes.
Here are a few measures that one can take to prevent cyber theft:
- Use strong passwords for all your accounts
- Use encryption and codes to protect your files and documents
- Use security firewalls
- Do not save passwords on public pc or even private pc
- Use fingerprint protection wherever possible
- Do not share unnecessary personal information over the internet
Although the mentioned tips cannot guarantee that stealing wouldn’t occur, it is always best to take all the necessary precautions.
Now that we know enough about stealing, give a read to the best stealing quotes from famous personalities around.
The best stealing quotes
Under this section, we have curated the top 10 best stealing quotes that you would like to read and share.
1. “It’s not stealing, it’s retrieving.” — Mora Early
2. “Immature poets imitate, mature poets steal.” — T.S. Eliot
3. “If you don’t get caught, you deserve everything you steal.” — Daniel Nayeri
4. “The one who conceals is as bad as the one who steals.” — German Proverb
5. “One can steal ideas, but no one can steal execution or passion.” — Tim Ferriss
6. “A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.” — Mario Puzo
7. “Stealing things is a glorious occupation, particularly in the art world.” — Malcolm McLaren
8. “Stealing isn’t so easy; often, it’s hard work. Otherwise, we’d all be doing it.” — Elfriede Jelinek
9. “Shelving books incorrectly is as good as stealing them. It’s almost worse.”― Paul Acampora
10. “Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base without taking your foot off first.” — Frederick B. Wilcox
Stealing quotes about when stealing is not wrong
In this section, you will read quotes that encourage stealing and try to exhibit it as a positive trait.
11. “Never hesitate to steal a good idea.” — Al Neuharth
12. “Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.” — Pablo Picasso
13. “Stealing is OK as long as it’s done well.” — Richard Garriott
14. “I don’t think anybody steals anything; all of us borrow.” — B.B.King
15. “The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.” — J. H. Oldham
16. “Steal a little, and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot, and they make you king.” — Bob Dylan
17. “Good writers borrow from other writers. Great writers steal from them outright.” — Aaron Sorkin
18. “Steal a loaf of bread, and they hang you, steal a land, and they’ll make you king.” — David Gemmell
19. “Some people steal to stay alive, and some steal to feel alive. Simple as that.” — V.E.Schwab
20. “If you steal from one book, you are condemned as a plagiarist, but if you steal from ten books, you are considered a scholar, and if you steal from thirty or forty books, a distinguished scholar.” — Amos Oz
Stealing quotes about money
Under this section, you will come across all those stealing quotes related to money and money stealing.
21. “A lot of pop music is about stealing pocket money from children.” — Ian Anderson
22. “I’ve made an incredible amount of money stealing fans from homeowners.” — Douglas Wilson
23. “The rich man who gives steals twice over. First, he steals the money and then the hearts of men.” — Edvard Munch
24. “I have committed many sins in my life. But stealing money from the government, from the people, is not one of them.” — Ferdinand Marcos
25. “I took up writing because I needed money. And I continued to write because it’s safer than stealing and easier than working.” — Robert A. Heinlein
26. “Enlightened despots are mythical creatures; real despots seem more interested in stealing money or installing their sons after them.” — Elliott Abrams
27. “I don’t use a debit card. The safest thing is a credit card because you’re using the bank’s money. If someone accesses your information, they are stealing the bank’s money, not yours.” — Frank Abagnale
28. “My hacking was all about becoming the best at circumventing security. So, when I was a fugitive, I worked systems administrator jobs to make money. I wasn’t stealing money or using other people’s credit cards. I was doing a 9-to-5 job.” — Kevin Mitnick
29. “Cybercrime is becoming everything in crime. Again, because people have connected their entire lives to the Internet, that’s where those who want to steal money or hurt kids or defraud go. So, it’s an epidemic for reasons that make sense.” — James Comey
30. “If I steal money from any person, there may be no harm done from the mere transfer of possession; he may not feel the loss, or it may prevent him from using the money badly. But I cannot help doing this great wrong towards Man, that I make myself dishonest.” — William Kingdon Clifford
Stealing quotes from wise people
Below we will read about the stealing quotes compiled from wise people’s sayings and scholarly books.
31. “Stealers, keepers.” — Ilona Andrews
32. “Nobody steals books but your friends.” — Roger Zelazny
33. “Stealing the ideas of others mirrors and certifies plagiarism.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
34. “I would not put a thief in my mouth to steal my brains.” — William Shakespeare
35. “Men kill for many reasons; they steal but for one greed.” — Sharon Kay Penman
36. “It’s not the goods that matter. It’s the theft itself. That’s what counts.” — Walter Wykes
37. “Most people, in my opinion, steal much of what they are. If they didn’t, what poor items they would be.” — Julian Barnes
38. “The firm of Strange had not been built on softness; what you stole from it, you were welcome to keep.” — Keith Roberts
39. “Let’s just preface this by saying that stealing is bad. Don’t do it. Ever. But if you had to for some nonexistent reason, do it in style.” — Sammy Nickalls
40. “The hands and fingers have a good deal to do with stealing, and the history of many a man’s life is written by his ten fingers.” — Miguel De Cervantes
Stealing quotes with powerful meanings
In this section, we will read the stealing quotes with solid and powerful meanings behind them.
41. “Stolen sweets are best.” — Colley Cibber
42. “Never pay for what you steal.” ― Morgan Freeman
43. “I’ve been stealing scenes all my life.” — Mickey Rooney
44. “Lying, stealing, and cheating are commonplace.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
45. “All stealing is comparative. If you come to absolutes, pray who does not steal?” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
46. “Borrowing is not much better than begging; just as lending with interest is not much better than stealing.” — Doris Lessing
47. “Desperation is like stealing from the Mafia: you stand a good chance of attracting the wrong attention.” — Douglas Horton
48. “Blind stealing is not exclusive to late position play. You can steal blinds from any position, and you should.” — Daniel Negreanu
49. “No people are wholly civilized where a distinction is drawn between stealing an office and stealing a purse.” — Theodore Roosevelt
50. “I don’t mind Stealing Bread, From the mouths of decadence, But I can’t feed on the powerless when my cups already overfilled.” — Pearl Jam
Which of these stealing quotes did you find interesting?
The stealing quotes and sayings above can be handy if you’ve been looking for the ideal selection.
Browse the list, select a quote that appeals to you more than the others, and enjoy reading it repeatedly.
You can choose from a variety of quotes because each one of these has been carefully selected.
Share some inspiring quotes with your loved ones because they are amusing.
In the comment section below, let us know which of the quotes is your favorite.