Here is our latest collection of inspirational quotes for kids about peer pressure, fitting in and standing out!
Now more than ever, kids are faced with peer pressure, media influences and bad information from all angles. As Emerson said, ‘one of the biggest achievements we can have in life is to be who we really are.’
Here are some amazing inspirational quotes for kids about peer pressure, being yourself and standing out from the crowd.
As an educator, this topic is dear to my heart and I look forward to hearing from you about it. Don’t forget to also check out our compilation of inspirational teenager quotes that will brighten your day.
Inspirational Quotes for Kids about Peer Pressure and Decisions
1. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
2. “What kind of peer pressure you receive says a lot about your peer group.”
3. “Peer pressure is pressure you put on yourself to fit in!” – Jeff Moore
4. “The ugly reality is that peer pressure reaches its greatest intensity at just the age when kids tend to be most insensitive and cruel.” – Walt Mueller
5. “There’s one advantage to being 102. There’s no peer pressure.” – Dennis Wolfberg
6. “Not all peer pressure is bad. If you have peers who are pushing you to go further in life and believe in your dreams. Man, you got it made!” – Jeff Moore
7. “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” – Alexander Hamilton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Alexander Hamilton quotes that remain true today.
8. “You would have no peer pressure if you cared less about the opinions of others.” – Jeff Moore
9. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out.” – Dr. Seuss
10. “Take your self, your self-respect, and self-image to a point where people won’t even ask you to do low-level stuff.”
11. “Be true to who you are and proud of who you’re becoming. I never met a critic who was doing better than me.” – Jeff Moore
12. “The more you give into peer pressure, the more people will ask you to do what they want to do. The less you give into it, the less they will ask you.”
13. “People either inspire you or they drain you, choose wisely.”
Also read these inspirational teen quotes on life, love, and being yourself.
More insightful peer pressure quotes to ponder on
15. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” ―
16. “Most people want so desperately to be an individual yet are so easily shaped by the media.” ―
17. “Conformity is not an admirable trait. Conformity is a copout. It threatens self-awareness. It can lead groups to enforce rigid and arbitrary rules.” ―
18. “Too many people in this world are being pressured into feeling apologetic about who they actually are.” ―
19. “Peer pressure has many redeeming qualities. It is the pressure of our peers, after all, that gives us the support to try things we otherwise wouldn’t have.” ― Bill Treasurer
20. “Peer pressure becomes more powerful when our children are away from our influence and when their defenses are weakened late at night. If you have ever felt uneasy about an overnight activity, don’t be afraid to respond to that warning voice inside. Always be prayerful when it comes to protecting your precious children.” ―
21. “The stress of resisting unhealthy peer pressure can be buffered by good family relationships and a high self-esteem, and it is often those adolescents with neither who succumb to unhealthy pressure from their peers.” ― L. Eugene Arnold
22. “No child is immune to peer pressure.” ― Kath Hudson
23. “At any given point you can release your greatest self. Don’t let anyone hold you back. Don’t let anyone dilute you. Don’t be peer pressured into being less than you are.” ― Steve Maraboli
Powerful peer pressure quotes to encourage you
24. “The most important thing in your life is to live your life with integrity and to not give in to peer pressure to try to be something that you’re not.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
25. “Ultimately peer pressure can lead people to bully, but peer pressure can also say bullying is not acceptable.” ― Barack Obama
26. “No one intends to make serious mistakes. They come when you compromise your standards to be more accepted by others. You be the strong one. You be the leader. Choose good friends and resist peer pressure together.” ― Richard G. Scott
27.”Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds.” ― Paul the Apostle
28. “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” ― R. J. Palacio
29. “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.” ― Kevin Gates
30. “At the end of the day, just know that God made you, so you can be your own individual, and don’t let people give you that peer pressure.” ― Wyclef Jean
31. “Most conduct is guided by norms rather than by laws. Norms are voluntary and are effective because they are enforced by peer pressure.” ― Paul Collier
32. “I think that no matter what you’re doing as a teenager, you’re going to be presented with peer pressure.” ― Sara Paxton
33. “Certain peer pressures encourage little fingers to learn how to hold a football instead of a crayon. I confess to having yielded to these pressures.” ― Chris Van Allsburg
Want more inspirational quotes for kids?
Send us your favorites and we will share them with the world.
May 2, 2022 5:00 AM EST