Inspirational Quotes for Kids about Peer Pressure
November 24, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Here is our latest collection of inspirational quotes for kids about peer pressure, fitting in and standing out!
Now more than ever, kids are faced with peer pressure, media influences and bad information from all angles.
As Emerson said, ‘one of the biggest achievements we can have in life is to be who we really are.’
Here are some amazing inspirational quotes for kids about peer pressure, being yourself and standing out from the crowd.
As an educator, this topic is dear to my heart and I look forward to hearing from you about it.
Don’t forget to also check out our compilation of inspirational teenager quotes that will brighten your day.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Inspirational Quotes for Kids about Peer Pressure and Decisions
1. “Peer pressure is pressure you put on yourself to fit in!” – Jeff Moore
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
2. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
You will also enjoy our article on bullying quotes.
3. “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” ― R. J. Palacio
You will also enjoy our article on leg day quotes.
4. “No child is immune to peer pressure.” ― Kath Hudson
You will also enjoy our article on Kevin Gates quotes.
5. “There’s one advantage to being 102. There’s no peer pressure.” – Dennis Wolfberg
You will also enjoy our article on corruption quotes.
6. “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure.” ― Kevin Gates
7. “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” – Alexander Hamilton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Alexander Hamilton quotes that remain true today.
8. “You would have no peer pressure if you cared less about the opinions of others.” – Jeff Moore
9. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out.” – Dr. Seuss
10. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” ― Suzy Kassem
Also read these inspirational teen quotes on life, love, and being yourself.
More insightful peer pressure quotes to ponder on
11. “Be true to who you are and proud of who you’re becoming. I never met a critic who was doing better than me.” – Jeff Moore
12. “The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
13. “The ugly reality is that peer pressure reaches its greatest intensity at just the age when kids tend to be most insensitive and cruel.” – Walt Mueller
14. “Most people want so desperately to be an individual yet are so easily shaped by the media.” ― Criss Jami
15. “Conformity is not an admirable trait. Conformity is a copout. It threatens self-awareness. It can lead groups to enforce rigid and arbitrary rules.” ― Alexandra Robbins
16. “Too many people in this world are being pressured into feeling apologetic about who they actually are.” ― Scarlet Jei Saoirse
17. “Peer pressure has many redeeming qualities. It is the pressure of our peers, after all, that gives us the support to try things we otherwise wouldn’t have.” ― Bill Treasurer
18. “Peer pressure becomes more powerful when our children are away from our influence and when their defenses are weakened late at night. If you have ever felt uneasy about an overnight activity, don’t be afraid to respond to that warning voice inside. Always be prayerful when it comes to protecting your precious children.” ― Larry R. Lawrence
19. “The stress of resisting unhealthy peer pressure can be buffered by good family relationships and a high self-esteem, and it is often those adolescents with neither who succumb to unhealthy pressure from their peers.” ― L. Eugene Arnold
20. “Not all peer pressure is bad. If you have peers who are pushing you to go further in life and believe in your dreams. Man, you got it made!” – Jeff Moore
21. “At any given point you can release your greatest self. Don’t let anyone hold you back. Don’t let anyone dilute you. Don’t be peer pressured into being less than you are.” ― Steve Maraboli
Powerful peer pressure quotes to encourage you
22. “The most important thing in your life is to live your life with integrity and to not give in to peer pressure to try to be something that you’re not.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
23. “Ultimately peer pressure can lead people to bully, but peer pressure can also say bullying is not acceptable.” ― Barack Obama
24. “No one intends to make serious mistakes. They come when you compromise your standards to be more accepted by others. You be the strong one. You be the leader. Choose good friends and resist peer pressure together.” ― Richard G. Scott
25.”Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds.” ― Paul the Apostle
26. “At the end of the day, just know that God made you, so you can be your own individual, and don’t let people give you that peer pressure.” ― Wyclef Jean
27. “Most conduct is guided by norms rather than by laws. Norms are voluntary and are effective because they are enforced by peer pressure.” ― Paul Collier
28. “I think that no matter what you’re doing as a teenager, you’re going to be presented with peer pressure.” ― Sara Paxton
29. “Certain peer pressures encourage little fingers to learn how to hold a football instead of a crayon. I confess to having yielded to these pressures.” ― Chris Van Allsburg
30. “What kind of peer pressure you receive says a lot about your peer group.”
31. “Take your self, your self-respect, and self-image to a point where people won’t even ask you to do low-level stuff.”
32. “The more you give into peer pressure, the more people will ask you to do what they want to do. The less you give into it, the less they will ask you.”
33. “People either inspire you or they drain you, choose wisely.”
Positive peer pressure quotes to inspire you
34. “When you say ‘Yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘No’ to yourself.” ― Paulo Coelho
35. “The recipe to ignoring peer pressure is feeling confident in who you are.” ― Phoebe Waller
36. “Confidence is knowing who you are and not changing it a bit because of someone’s version of reality is not your reality.” ― Shannon L. Alder
37. “It’s not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are.” ― Roy E. Disney
38. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” ― J.K. Rowling
39. “Be the one that influences others by being true to yourself, set your own standards and never succumb to the standards of others.” ― Luthando Daniels
40. “Just because everyone else does, it doesn’t mean you have to. Break the repetitive cycle and excel beyond the norm.” ― Torron-Lee Dewar
41. “Don’t compromise your cause to adjust with society, persist on your cause and the society will correct itself to adjust to you.” ― Abhijit Naskar
42. “Sometimes we connect with people and sometimes we don’t, but caring what other people think shouldn’t matter.” ― J. Aleong
43. “Pressure has the power to create a diamond, but it has to be the “right” pressure.” ― Shannon L. Alder
Peer Pressure Quotes To Make You Stand Out
44. “Peer pressure and social norms are powerful influences on behavior, and they are classic excuses.” ― Andrew Lansley
45. “The author says we enlist reasons to convince others to join the direction of our instincts.” ― Jonathan Haidt
46. “We must now brace ourselves for disquisitions on peer pressure, adolescent anomie, and rage.” ― Charles Krauthammer
47. “Don’t downgrade your dreams to upgrade your relationships.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
48. “Getting high off life is more than enough, and peer pressure ain’t peer pressure when a boy is tough.” ― Kool Moe Dee
49. “Kids … can get to the point where they feel peer pressure that isn’t even there simply because of how they see themselves.” ― Walt Mueller
50. “Some people are chronically unhappy only because they do not have some of the things some people expect them to want.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
51. “Blame it on Peer Pressure.” ― John Marsden
52. “Peer pressure is just that: pressure.” ― Jerry Spinelli
53. “Never give in to peer pressure, especially if the peer is not attractive.” ― Eugene Mirman
Peer Pressure Quotes That Determine Your Influence
54. “Peer pressure can either make or break you. Positive peer pressure will lead you to your dreams. Negative peer pressure will lead you to your nightmares. Please choose wisely.” — Dankie SirKwanele
55. “Peer pressure is bad only if you’re surrounded by bad influences.” — James Clear
56. “Yeah, I think that I have like, faltered, you know, as a human. My message isn’t perfectly defined. I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure.” — Kanye West
57. “Peer pressure is not always negative. Sometimes, it inculcates new hobbies, habits, attitudes health conscience or a strong urge to succeed amongst people and where this happens, it is positive.” — Adeyemi Raphael Oluwamayowa
58. “Never let anyone try and make you into something that you’re not. Remember what it is that you want, and always stay strong in that.” — Abigail Breslin
59. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
60. “Not easily may an individual escape the deep slavery of the herd.” — Algernon Blackwood
61. “If you feel something don’t let peer pressure manipulate you.” — Kanye West
62. “Only surround yourself with people who will lift you higher.” — Oprah Winfrey
63. “How you handle peer pressure – the pressure your children feel as well as the pressure you feel – in the early years will play a significant role in how your children handle peer pressure when they become adolescents.” — Kevin Leman
Want more inspirational quotes for kids?
Send us your favorites, and we will share them with the world.
Anita D. Patton
March 18, 2019 at 10:47 PM
You are who you surround yourself with, it’s your choice.
August 18, 2019 at 2:01 AM
Bro you did a nice quote