This awesome collection of Harry Potter quotes will have you reaching for your wand and ready to cast your spells!
J.K. Rowling brought to us a series of books and a main character that is loved by millions of people young and old all around the world.
The little orphan who once lived under the stairs, Harry Potter had the special lightning bolt mark of a wizard, and he showed all those at Hogwarts that he was destined for greatness.
Any of you who have read some of my other lists of quotes, are well aware of my not-so-secret obsession with the Harry Potter Series.
Would I be in Gryffindor?
Do I have a spirit animal?
Would I go to Harry Potter World?
In a heartbeat!
Have I been to Edinburgh, Scotland, and visited lots of the haunts where the book was written, and seen some of the architecture that many of the buildings were based on?
Why, yes I have!
I will admit that the last part was not the point of the trip, but just a happy accident.
For those of you who are Potterphiles like me, I have thrown together a list of what I consider to be some of the best Harry Potter quotes of the series.
*Some were suggestions from the Twitter-verse, and many were from our friends at LifeHack.com.
We also have a compilation of magic quotes that will spark your imagination.
Don’t forget to read that as well.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
The Most Unforgettable Harry Potter Quotes
1. “Chaos reigned.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. “You’re a wizard, Harry.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
3. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love.” –The Deathly Hallows
4. “Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!”– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
5. “He is dead!’ Narcissa Malfoy called to the watchers.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
6. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
7. “After all this time?” “Always,” said Snape.― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
8. “It’s wingardium leviOsa, not leviosAH.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
9. “There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
10. “Give her hell from us, Peeves!”– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
11. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
12. “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Funny and Witty Harry Potter Quotes
13. “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
14. “There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
15. “I’m not going to be murdered,’ Harry said out loud.‘That’s the spirit, dear,’ said his mirror sleepily.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
16. “Really Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I’m afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
17. “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
18. “Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
19. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
20. “People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.” –The Half-Blood Prince
Also read these Dumbledore quotes on love, life, and integrity.
Famous Harry Potter Quotes about Friendship
21. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” –The Goblet of Fire
22. “Oculus Reparo!”– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
23. “Until the very end.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
24. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” ― Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
25. “Harry, suffering like this proves you are still a man! This pain is part of being human … the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
26. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
27. “It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.” – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
28. “I am not worried, Harry,” said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. “I am with you.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
29. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
30. “Words are in my not-so-humble opinion, the most inexhaustible form of magic we have, capable both of inflicting injury and remedying it.” ― Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Inspirational Harry Potter Sayings
31. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
32. “The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.” – The Prisoner of Azkaban
33. “Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.” –The Sorcerer’s Stone
34. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” –The Goblet of Fire
35. “We cannot choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.” –The Order of the Phoenix
36. “It is important,” Dumbledore said, “to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting; for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.” –The Half-Blood Prince
37. “The truth.” Dumbledore sighed. “It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” –The Sorcerer’s Stone
38. “Curiosity is not a sin…but we should exercise caution with our curiosity.” –The Goblet of Fire
39. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” –The Goblet of Fire
40. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” –The Goblet of Fire
Don’t forget to also read these Nacho Libre quotes on understanding your own beliefs.
Harry Potter quotes that will make your day
41. “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels, but old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” –The Order of the Phoenix
42. “You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?” –The Prisoner of Azkaban
43. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” –The Half-Blood Prince
44. “No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” ― J.K. Rowling
45. “We can’t choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.”― Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
46. “You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”― Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
47. “The ones that love us never really leave us.”― J. K. Rowling
48. “Because, sometimes you’ve got to think about more than your own safety! Sometimes you’ve got to think about the greater good! This is war!”
― Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
49. “My mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the ways we expect.”- Luna lovegood
50. “I have seen your heart, and it is mine.”― Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Other memorable Harry Potter quotes
51. “You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.”― Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
52. “Killing rips the soul apart.”― Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
53. “In dreams, we enter a world that’s entirely our own.”― J.K. Rowling
54. “It was not, after all, so easy to die.”― Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
55. “Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.”
― Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
56. “Which only goes to show that the best of us must sometimes eat our words,’ Dumbledore went on, smiling.”― Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
57. “Without cunning, there is no innovation. Without ambition, there is no accomplishment.”― Slytherin
58. “If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love.”― J.K. Rowling
59. “You think the dead we love ever truly leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?”― Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
60. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves it’s own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.”― Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Are Your Favorite Harry Potter Quotes Listed Here?
Whether you’re a Potterphile or not, these Harry Potter quotes have hopefully put a smile on your face.
It’ll surely delight your day and be a great addition to your book shelf.
Which of these Harry Potter quotes is your favorite?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add to the list?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
May 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST