If you’re fascinated with classic Hollywood stars, you will love these Tallulah Bankhead quotes!
Tallulah Bankhead was an American actress, talk-show host, and personality of the early 20th century.
You might also like these related articles:
Bankhead’s career lasted several decades, and she appeared in many films, stage productions, and radio programs.
Tell us your favorite Tallulah Bankhead quote in the comment section.
Why should you read Tallulah Bankhead quotes?
Tallulah Bankhead was known for being a larger-than-life personality that was always true to herself.
Reading Tallulah Bankhead quotes inspires us to live our lives openly and honestly and be unapologetically ourselves!
She was born in Huntsville, Alabama, in 1902 and made her first Broadways debut at 16.
Bankhead quickly gained attention for her powerful stage presence and commanding voice and soon became a powerful force in the entertainment industry.
She is remembered for her quick wit and sharp tongue, never afraid to speak her mind or make bold remarks.
Bankhead was also famous for her unique fashion sense.
She always took risks with her clothing, often wearing daring and unconventional outfits.
Tallulah Bankhead appeared in many films throughout her career.
Her most notable films include:
- My Sin
- The Cheat
- A Royal Scandal
- Die! Die! My Darling!
Bankhead was an icon throughout her life and beyond.
She continued to work in the entertainment industry until she died in 1968, and her influence can still be felt in the world of theater and film today.
We hope you enjoy these Tallulah Bankhead quotes!
Short Tallulah Bankhead quotes to make you smile
Start your day with these fun quotes from the hilarious Tallulah.
1. “My heart is pure as the driven slush.” — Tallulah Bankhead
2. “I’m not childless, darling. I am childfree.” — Tallulah Bankhead
3. “Don’t think this has taught me a lesson!” — Tallulah Bankhead
4. “If I were well behaved, I’d die of boredom.” — Tallulah Bankhead
5. “They aren’t making mirrors like they used to.” — Tallulah Bankhead
The top quotes from Tallulah Bankhead about fame and bad girls
Here Tallulah dishes on what it’s like living the celebrity life.
6. “I have enemies I’ve never met; that’s fame.” — Tallulah Bankhead
7. “I’m the foe of moderation, the champion of excess.” — Tallulah Bankhead
8. “Only good girls keep diaries. Bad girls don’t have time.” — Tallulah Bankhead
9. “I’ve been called many things, but never an intellectual.” — Tallulah Bankhead
10. “Say anything about me, darling, as long as it isn’t boring.” — Tallulah Bankhead
The best Tallulah Bankhead quotes to live by
Check out these interesting Tallulah quotes about living your best life.
11. “Here’s a rule I recommend: Never practice two vices at once.” — Tallulah Bankhead
12. “Fill what is empty, empty what is full, and scratch where it itches.” — Tallulah Bankhead
13. “Do you know what my ambition is in life? To be without ambition.” — Tallulah Bankhead
14. “Cocaine isn’t habit forming. I should know; I’ve been using it for years.” — Tallulah Bankhead
15. “In my lifetime, I’ve been to bed with men, women, and odd pieces of furniture.” — Tallulah Bankhead
Famous Tallulah Bankhead quotes about life
In this selection, Tallulah reflects on the past while looking toward the future.
16. “Me, I just wanna live a life I’m gonna remember even if I don’t write it down.” — Tallulah Bankhead
17. “If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes, only sooner.” — Tallulah Bankhead
18. “Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.” — Tallulah Bankhead
19. “I’ll come and make love to you at five o’clock. If I’m late, start without me.” — Tallulah Bankhead
20. “I’ve had a man, and I’ve had a woman, and there’s got to be something better.” — Tallulah Bankhead
Tallulah Bankhead sayings and quotes about opening your eyes to new sights
Let’s close our list with these eye opening quotes from Tallulah.
21. “A frozen daiquiri of a scorching afternoon is soothing. It makes living more tolerable.” — Tallulah Bankhead
22. “My father warned me about men and booze, but he never said anything about women and cocaine.” — Tallulah Bankhead
23. “Whatever you have read I have said is almost certainly untrue, except if it is funny, in which case I definitely said it.” — Tallulah Bankhead
24. “If I may lift a line from a die-hard whose identity is lost in the shuffle, ‘I’d rather be strongly wrong than weakly right.’” — Tallulah Bankhead
25. “Don’t be taken in by the guff that critics are killing the theater. Commonly they sin on the side of enthusiasm; too often they give their blessing to trash.” — Tallulah Bankhead
Tallulah’s Personal Life
In addition to her acting career, Bankhead was also known for her personal life.
Her flamboyant lifestyle often made headlines in the tabloids, and she was known for having love affairs with both men and women.
During her life, she dated several high-profile individuals, including actors John Emery and Gary Cooper and writer Mercedes de Acosta.
Tallulah was also known for her love of partying and penchant for drinking.
She was a regular fixture on the party scene in Hollywood and New York, and her parties were famous for being wild and extravagant.
She struggled with alcoholism for much of her life, contributing to her death in 1968.
Tell us your favorite Tallulah Bankhead quote in the comment section!
And if you enjoyed reading these Tallulah Bankhead quotes, you can share them with others via social media by clicking the Share button.