If you love to be scared, you’ll enjoy The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes below.
The Haunting of Bly Manor is a drama-gothic romance TV series on Netflix. It was created by the Haunting of Hill House producers, which instantly brought a million fans worldwide to watch this show. Just like its predecessors, it follows a non-linear story.
The Haunting of Bly Manor follows the events in a countryside manor upon the arrival of a young American working as an au pair who is unaware of the mysteries that surround the manor.
Quickly she was entangled with a series of paranormal events and apparitions that proceed to hunt the premises.
These The Haunting of Bly Manor will give you a mix of emotions.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Killing quotes from the complex crime drama.
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Flora Wingrave
1. I wasn’t dead. I was just really, really sad.” — Flora Wingrave
2. “Dead doesn’t mean gone.” — Flora Wingrave
3. “When Mum and Dad died, I thought I was going to die too. I was sure of it. But then I thought, what if I was already dead? But nobody else knew, and I was walking around dead. But everybody could see and hear me. That was dreadful. It only felt like dying because, actually, I was still alive. You have to be to feel that way.” — Flora Wingrave
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Owen Sharma
4. “To truly love another person is to accept that the work of loving them is worth the pain of losing them.” — Owen Sharma
5. “We can’t count on the past. We think we have it trapped in our memories, but memories fade. We could fade at any time.” — Owen Sharma
6. “Do we realize when we’re in the glue? Or when the water around us is boiling? Or do we sit there, saying this will be okay?” — Owen Sharma
7. “You’ll find it much quieter out here.” — Owen Sharma
8. “I suppose she was my….burden. She seemed so small at the end, and so heavy.” — Owen Sharma
9. “Any of us could die at any moment.” — Owen Sharma
10. “She was my anchor.” — Owen Sharma
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Dani Clayton
11. “People do, don’t they? Mix up love and possession. I don’t think that should be possible. I mean, they’re opposites, really. Love and ownership.” — Dani Clayton
12. “Your parents loved you so, so much that, in a way, they’ll always be here.” — Dani Clayton
13. “The kids like us, like you and me and Flora, we’re special. We grow up faster than other kids. And even more special, we really get to choose the grown-ups that we keep in our life.” — Dani Clayton
14. “I’m a lot braver than people think.” — Dani Clayton
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by the Narrator
15. “Nothing holds, and all things change, given time. Change does not often announce itself. It does not trumpet its arrival. No, change is emergent. By the time one realizes it has arrived, it has already set its teeth.” — Narrator
16. “All things fade. All things. Flesh, stone, even stars themselves. Time takes all things. It is the way of the world. The past recedes, memories fade, and so, true, does the spirit.” — Narrator
17. “Everything yields to time, even the soul.” — Narrator
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Hannah Grose
18. “There’s a difference between feeling good and feeling alive. The two aren’t always the same.” — Hannah Grose
19. “Funerals are for the living. It’s up to the living to decide what they can and cannot bear.” — Hannah Grose
20. “I don’t know why brilliant young women are always punished.” — Hannah Grose
21. “You don’t have to lose yourself to find happiness, you know.” — Hannah Grose
22. “I was having the strangest dream.” — Hannah Grose
23. “What have you got when your back’s against the wall when there’s nothing left for you but faith?” — Hannah Grose
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Peter Quint
24. “Sometimes, right can seem wrong, and wrong can seem right. But that’s the difference between children and adults. Seeing the big picture.” — Peter Quint
25. “Do you know what life is really all about? Keys. See, people are like locked rooms. They’ve all got different locks and you’ve got to guess the shape of their key.” — Peter Quint
26. “It’s good to know when a man asks you to put something in your mouth, he doesn’t have to ask twice.” — Peter Quint
27. “Fur like that, you have to feel it on your skin. At least once in your life.” — Peter Quint
28. “You’re naïve when you want to be. That’s good to know.” — Peter Quint
29. “You’re slipping. Stay with me.” — Peter Quint
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Jamie
30. “The wrong kind of love can fuck you up, follow you and make you do some really stupid shit.” — Jamie
31. “Sometimes, people just need to be alone.” — Jamie
32. “When he finally climbs out of that grave… back to the land of the living.. they laugh at him.” — Jamie
33. “So, you just got up with the sun. And you’re tiptoeing around the kitchen making awful coffee by yourself, just to come say hi at six in the morning, for no reason.” — Jamie
34. “You see, I’m not sick of you. At all. I’m actually pretty in love with you, it turns out.” — Jamie
35. “Build a pile of old bones and burn away the shadows. Because from here on in, the shadows get deeper, the nights get longer. We’re heading into the dark and we have to hang onto each other.” — Jamie
36. “If you can’t feel anything, then I’ll feel everything for the both of us.” — Jamie
37. “One day at a time is what we’ve got. It’s what everybody’s got if you get down to it.” — Jamie
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Flora Wingrave
38. “It really is perfectly splendid to meet you.” — Flora Wingrave
39. “He shouldn’t have done that. Because it doesn’t belong to you.” — Flora Wingrave
40. “You have to promise me that you’ll stay in your room. Don’t leave your room at night.” — Flora Wingrave
41. “Can’t you just tuck her away? Somewhere nice.” — Flora Wingrave
42. “Let me guess, you are to be our very own Mary Poppins?” — Flora Wingrave
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by Miles
43. “You’re pretty when you blush.” — Miles
44. “So he pulled on their strings. And it hurt.” — Miles
45. “You just need to look down, Hannah.” — Miles
46. “He’s just a little tickle now, isn’t he?” — Miles
47. “It’s such a draining thing, dealing with children.” — Miles
48. “I’m sorry I didn’t do worse.” — Miles
The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes by other characters
49. “It’s you. It’s me. It’s us.” — Said by multiple characters
50. Dani: “Are you taking me out here to kill me?”
Jamie: “Keep talking, I just might.”
The series had overall positive reviews from the fans and gained new traction for The Haunting series.
Even though it is a horror setup, the theme of the series also tackled the importance of family and everlasting love even in the afterlife, which is a successful mix for the Haunting series.
The manor’s secret and the thrilling atmosphere throughout each episode allow the story to bloom and build upon the viewer’s curiosity. If you want a mystery drama with a touch of horror and thrill, then this series is perfect for you.
You can search online for chilling horror stories and share them together with these The Haunting of Bly Manor quotes and sayings with your friends.
October 15, 2021 7:00 AM EST