Blind Quotes that Possess Strong Meanings
December 15, 2022 7:24 AM EST
In this article, we have compiled a list of blind quotes that emphasize that individuals who have blindness can easily relate to blind quotes.
The most common definition of blindness is a person who is visually impaired.
But blindness is much more complicated.
Some blind people cannot see anything, while others can make out nearby objects, light, or shadows.
Blindness is not an easy ailment to live with.
Blindness may result from an issue with the eye itself or from a brain disorder.
In fact, there are numerous varieties of visual impairment and blindness.
Let’s discuss each one of them briefly.
Different Types of Blindness
Blindness can impact anyone, including you or your acquaintances.
And this disease has various types, such as:
- CVI (Cortical Visual Impairment)
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
1. CVI (Cortical Visual Impairment)
CVI is the most common reason for childhood blindness.
Unlike ocular types of impairment, CVI is a brain-based disorder that frequently coexists with another visual impairment.
CVI is a brain problem, and individuals with this diagnosis have trouble comprehending what their healthy eyes see.
A child suffering from CVI may perceive the world as a huge mass of color.
CVI is the leading cause of blindness.
2. Retinitis Pigmentosa
Retinitis pigmentosa is a hereditary condition.
Individuals with this eye disease frequently have difficulty seeing at night and lose peripheral vision due to the gradual breakdown of retinal cells.
It is usually diagnosed in childhood and can result in complete loss of vision later in life.
It is critical for people and families diagnosed with this ailment to understand the disease’s effects and progression to maximize the quality of life.
3. Macular Degeneration
Another leading cause of visual loss is macular degeneration.
There are several kinds of this illness, the most prevalent of which is dry macular degeneration.
This type of visual impairment affects adults and causes central vision to decline.
You can diagnose macular degeneration through routine vision exams or eye screenings.
4. Retinopathy of Prematurity
Retinopathy of prematurity is a visual condition that occurs in premature newborns.
In this disease, scarring and retinal detachment occur when blood vessels in the eye leak or bleed.
Even though procedures can lower the extent of visual impairment, babies born with the syndrome frequently have little to no vision.
Retinopathy of prematurity can be diagnosed at birth, but it requires an eye examination.
Despite the severity of the vision loss frequently associated with this disorder, people with this diagnosis are more than capable of reaching their objectives.
Now that we know enough about blindness, let’s check out the top 10 best blind quotes from well-known persons.
Top 10 Best Blind Quotes
Under this section, we have compiled the top 10 best blind quotes you would like to read and share.
1. “Love is blind.” — Geoffrey Chaucer
2. “Do not take a blind guide.” — Aristophanes
3. “I’m blind without my glasses.” — Adam Ant
4. “Hatred is blind, as well as love.” — Oscar Wilde
5. “Love’s not only blind but deaf.” — Alex Turner
6. “The truth, as the light, makes blind.” — Albert Camus
7. “If love is blind, I guess I’ll buy myself a cane.” — Axl Rose
8. “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.” — Mahatma Gandhi
9. “Blind people can stay up longer than someone with eyes.” — Karl Pilkington
10. “Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.” — Bruce Springsteen
Blind Quotes that are Interesting to Read
Under this section, you will read blind quotes that are engaging and interesting. And some may leave your face with a smile.
11. “I can’t see anything,” he said in a muffled voice, hand over his eyes. “I’m blind.” — L.J.Smith
12. “Can I come in? No! I’m in a towel! I’m blind!” — James Patterson
13. “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” — Albert Einstein
14. “In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.” — Desiderius Erasmus
15. “Blessed are the blind, for they know not enough to ask why.” — Ernst Renan
16. “Our very eyes, Are sometimes, like our judgments, blind.” — Shakespeare
17. “Sometimes charm can make a person blind to truth … look at Ted Bundy.” — Shelley K. Wall
18. “I’m bald, blind, and pale. I’m like a gigantic recessive gene.” — Jim Gaffigan
19. “Parthenogenesis means never having your mother tell you to stop doing that or you’ll go blind.” — Seanan McGuire
20. “I always thought it would be very funny if I was a blind film director.” — Woody Allen
Blind Quotes about the Power of Love
Under this section, we have compiled a list of blind quotes that emphasize the power of love.
21. “Love blinds us to faults, but hatred blinds us to virtues.” — Iba Ezra
22. “Sometimes love blinds us, other times it lets us see.” — Paulo Coelho
23. “Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.” — Paula Deen
24. “Love sees everything and says yes to it all.” — Scott Stabile
25. “You, who use the eyes to find love, are truly blind.” — RJ Intindola
26. “Love is not blind. Love sees what is most true.” — Vanna Bonta
27. “Love is not blind, but it leads to blindness.” — Auliq Ice
28. “Love is blind. You just see a bright light.” — Talib Kweli
29. “Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight.” — George C. Lichtenberg
30. “If love is blind, then maybe a blind person that loves has a greater understanding of it.” — Criss Jami
Blind Quotes from the Wise People
Below, we will read the blind quotes compiled from wise people’s sayings worldwide.
31. “Look your best – who said love is blind?” — Mae West
32. “When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind.” — Chester Bennington
33. “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” — Albert Einstein
34. “Among the blind, the one-eyed blinkard reigns.” — Andrew Marvell
35. “An ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction.” — Simon Bolivar
36. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can see.” — Mark Twain
37. “Voluptuousness, like justice, is blind, but that is the only resemblance between them.” — Blaise Pascal
38. “Blind aggressiveness would destroy the attack itself, not the defense.” ― Carl von Clausewitz
39. “It’s true, reading too many novels makes you go blind.” — David Mitchell
40. “We can be blind to the obvious, and we are also blind to our blindness.” — Daniel Kahneman
Blind Quotes with Powerful Meanings
In this section, we will discuss blind quotes that have solid and powerful meanings.
41. “Theory can blind observation.” — Carol Gilligan
42. “I’ve fallen for you like a blind roofer.” ― Charlie Sheen
43. “There’s nothing better than a good, blind referee.” — Bobby Heenan
44. “Interest which blinds some People enlightens others.” — Benjamin Franklin
45. “Never be led in new paths by the blind.” — Claude C. Hopkins
46. “Nothing brings you closer together than blind terror.” — Colin Firth
47. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” ― William Shakespeare
48. “Blind stealing is not exclusive to late position play. You can steal blinds from any position, and you should.” — Daniel Negreanu
49. “Blind nature will nearly always select the most probable, but man can let the most improbable become actual.” — Hans Jonas
50. “I believe that God is totally moral, but nature, one of God’s creatures, is not moral. Nature is blind.” — Harold S. Kushner
Which of these Blind Quotes did you find Interesting?
If you’re having difficulty finding the best blind quotes to relate to and share, check out the list above.
Each of them has been carefully chosen and put together so that you may select from various bling quotes.
Some quotes are very entertaining and worth sharing in your circle for the sake of entertainment.
By reading the quotes about blindness in our collection, we hope you have become familiar with the philosophical, inspiring, and practical sides of blindness.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these blind quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.