Paranormal fans will enjoy reading these X-Files quotes.
The X-Files is a science fiction television series about paranormal phenomena and extraterrestrial life.
As you will see, the show’s originality and unique blend of genres make it a lasting pop culture favorite that is beneficial to learn about still today day.
Tell us your favorite X-Files quote in the comments section below.
You may also enjoy reading the following quotes:
What are the benefits of reading quotes from The X-Files?
Many themes and catchphrases from The X-Files are still part of today’s cultural lexicon.
Reading X-Files quotes is a great lesson in popular culture references and gives you a glimpse into the show that many believe paved the way for science fiction television.
A few of the most popular catchphrases that you have likely heard before and are now synonymous with The X-Files are:
- “The truth is out there”
- “Trust no one”
- “The X-Files have been reopened”
The show follows Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, two FBI agents working together in a private sector of the bureau called the X-Files.
They investigate cases involving anything unexplained, like paranormal phenomena, alien activity, and government conspiracies.
The two main characters have an interesting dynamic as Mulder is a true believer in extraterrestrial and paranormal existence, and Scully is a hardcore skeptic.
The X-files became popular for using a unique blend of genres to drive an interesting plot that dances in science fiction while being based in reality.
It combines elements of science fiction, horror, and detective drama to create a rare and engaging viewing experience.
The show is known for creating suspenseful stories that keep viewers on the edge of their seats.
The show often utilizes cliffhangers and multi-episode arcs to add to its overall appeal and keep viewers engaged.
Many television and science fiction fans consider The X-Files to have been groundbreaking for the sci-fi genre, a first of its kind that it is now the standard against which other science fiction shows are measured.
We hope you enjoy these quotes from The X-Files!
X Files quotes from Dana Scully
Learn more about Dana Scully in the following quotes.
1. “I’m old-school, Mulder. Pre-Google.” — Dana Scully
2. “Mulder, the Internet is not good for you.” — Dana Scully
3. “Mulder, you just keep unfolding like a flower.” — Dana Scully
4. “Time has a way of shedding light on injustices.” — Dana Scully
5. “There’s a lot of money to be made in scaring people.” — Dana Scully
6. “We do our work. The truth still lies in the X-Files, Mulder.” — Dana Scully
7. “The science that we were taught takes us but a distance towards the truth.” — Dana Scully
8. “I have never met anyone so passionate and dedicated to a belief as you. It’s so intense that sometimes it’s blinding.” — Dana Scully
9. “What if there was only one choice and all the other ones were wrong? And there were signs along the way to pay attention to.” — Dana Scully
10. “What I find fantastic is any notion that there are answers beyond the realm of science. The answers are there. You just have to know where to look.” — Dana Scully
X Files quotes from Fox Mulder
Learn more about Fox Mulder in the following quotes.
11. “Who needs Google when you got Scully?” — Fox Mulder
12. “All we can do, Scully, is pull the thread, see what it unravels.” — Fox Mulder
13. “Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity.” — Fox Mulder
14. “Your own government lies as a matter of course, as a matter of policy.” — Fox Mulder
15. “I finally know why I’m not a Christian, Scully. My parents never got me a puppy.” — Fox Mulder
16. “I’ve often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven’t yet figured out how to ask.” — Fox Mulder
17. “We must ask ourselves… are they really a hoax? Are we truly alone? Or are we being lied to?” — Fox Mulder
18. “Well, I didn’t burst into flames when I crossed the threshold, so I guess they really do forgive a lot.” — Fox Mulder
19. “How they police us and spy on us, tell us that makes us safer? We’ve never been in more danger.” — Fox Mulder
20. “When convention and science offer us no answers, might we not finally turn to the fantastic as a plausibility?” — Fox Mulder
X-Files quotes from Cigarette Smoking Man
Here are a few more quotes for fans of the show.
21. “That which makes miracles can also make great evil.” — Cigarette Smoking Man
22. “I just changed the timetable. Everyone still dies in the end.” — Cigarette Smoking Man
23. “Men can never be free because they’re weak, corrupt, worthless… and restless.” — Cigarette Smoking Man
24. “The people believe in authority. They’ve grown tired of waiting for miracle or mystery. Science is their religion.” — Cigarette Smoking Man
25. “To doubt it is a failure of more than the imagination. It is a failure to recognize the limits of our own stupidity, the nascency of our science, the rudiment of our tools.” — Cigarette Smoking Man
Are they, or aren’t they?
Mulder and Scully’s relationship in The X-Files was a topic of debate among fans for many years.
While the show hinted at a romantic connection between them, it never explicitly said they were a couple.
Throughout the show, Mulder and Scully’s relationship evolved from a professional partnership to a deep friendship based on mutual respect and trust.
There were moments of intimacy and tenderness between the two characters, but these were often tempered by the professional boundaries they had to maintain as FBI agents.
In media interviews, the show creators have said that they wanted to keep the nature of Mulder and Scully’s relationship open to interpretation so that viewers could come to their own conclusions.
However, many fans of The X-Files will tell you that Mulder and Scully’s relationship was definitely a romantic one.
Maybe that’s because they simply want it to be so, but X-Files die-hards are convinced that Mulder and Scully were an item.
Tell us your favorite X-Files quote in the comment section.
If you enjoyed reading these X-Files quotes, please share them by clicking the Share button now!