100+ Consistency Quotes To Show You How Persistence Pays Off
Consistency is the key to any success, and these powerful consistency quotes prove exactly that.
February 23, 2023 5:29 AM EST
Since we were kids, we all heard that practice makes perfect.
And not only this but remaining consistent is essential.
When we work towards anything we want to achieve in life, it doesn’t come without consistency.
These powerful consistency quotes will show you how persistence pays off.
Taking action is the first step to reaching your goals and having success in life.
But it’s persistence in doing those actions repeatedly that is going to get you the real results that you’re after.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University College London, forming a new habit takes an average of 66 days.
The study findings emphasize the importance of applying these consistency quotes daily to stay on the course.
These consistency quotes show you how.
There are a lot of obstacles that get in our way of being consistent.
But most of the time, those things are just excuses.
And, since it’s undeniable that consistency is going to help you in your efforts to become the person you want and achieve the results that you’re after, consistency really is key, so here’s a little motivation to get you started.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Success is from consistency quotes
According to research by the University of Pennsylvania, consistent practice is a key factor in developing expertise in a given skill or field.
The research findings suggest applying consistency quotes to encourage persistence can pay off in achieving mastery and success in one’s chosen pursuits.
1. “The secret of success is constancy of purpose.” – Benjamin Disraeli
You will also enjoy our article on motivational work quotes.
2. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
You will also enjoy our article on achievement quotes.
3. “Consistency is one of the biggest factors to accomplishment and success.” – Byron Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on running quotes.
4. “The key to success is consistency. And right now, the only way for you to actually take action is to believe in yourself.” – Zak Frazer
You will also enjoy our article on real estate quotes.
5. “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
6. “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” – John Quincy Adams
You will also enjoy our article on discipline quotes.
7. “People like consistency. Whether it’s a store or a restaurant, they want to come in and see what you are famous for.” – Millard Drexler
You will also enjoy our article on courage quotes.
8. “Consistency is the fruit of the tree of success. The more you do something effectively and with a goal in mind, the better you will get at it and the more you will feel fulfilled.” – Dan O’Brien
You will also enjoy our article on never give up quotes.
9. “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
10. “I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.” – Louis C. K.
You will also enjoy our article on gym quotes.
11. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on weight loss quotes.
12. “When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.” – Arsene Wenger
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of inconsistency quotes about our paradoxical lives.
Consistency quotes to help you reach your goals
Research conducted by the University of Sheffield found that consistent use of positive self-talk and affirmations can improve mood and self-esteem, even in the absence of tangible progress or results.
The research affirms that consistent use of positive self-talk and affirmations may be an effective way to improve self-esteem over time.
13. “All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract them from achieving their aims.” – Lou Holtz
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of team quotes that will inspire you and your teammates to collectively meet your goals.
14. “But I’ve also found that consistency has always been the major setback in my being able to successfully reach my goal within an ideal amount of time – the more inconsistent I was, the longer it would take for me to get that check mark on my task list.” – Eric Thomas
You will also enjoy our article on entrepreneur quotes.
15. “If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on integrity quotes 2.
16. “Muhammad Ali was a boxing phenomenon born in Louisville Kentucky under the name “Cassius Clay” who famously referred to himself as “The Greatest” with enough consistency and purpose that it really stuck.” – Darrin Wiggins
You will also enjoy our article on resilience quotes.
17. “First forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won’t. Habit is persistence in practice.” ― Octavia Butler
You will also enjoy our article on Socrates quotes.
18. “Daily, consistent, focused, faithful expectation raises the miracle power of achieving your dreams.” – John Di Lemme
You will also enjoy our article on collaboration quotes.
19. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on perfection quotes.
20. “I don’t have a formula to pass on. I always did it my own way. Even today, I hold my independence close. It’s what’s most precious to me. Passion. Risk. Tenacity. Consistency. This is my professional history.” – Giorgio Armani
You will also enjoy our article on engineering quotes.
Consistency quotes on the key to leadership
21. “Consistency is a key element, without which a leader is incapable of getting respect, success or even developing confidence in others.” – Daniel Transon
You will also enjoy our article on car quotes.
22. “When people see commitments are met with consistency, they tend to develop trust. Trust is the key to persuasion.” – Khalid Imran
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
23. “Trust is built with consistency.” – Lincoln Chafee
You will also enjoy our article on focus quotes.
24. “You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That’s the mark of a true professional.” – Joe Paterno
You will also enjoy our article on determination quotes.
25. “Relationships feed on credibility, honesty, and consistency.” – Scott Borchetta
You will also enjoy our article on Confused Quotes.
26. “Our children are counting on us to provide two things: consistency and structure. Children need parents who say what they mean, mean what they say, and do what they say they are going to do.” – Barbara Coloroso
Don’t forget to also check out these hustle quotes to help you get things done.
Consistency quotes on why small changes make a difference
27. “By being consistent with your efforts, you will find that things will start to change in what will appear to be subtle ways because we are less likely to take notice of things when they no longer challenge us.” – Jenny Stanley-Matthews
You will also enjoy our article on Princess Leia quotes.
28. “Do it again and again. Consistency makes the raindrops create holes in the rock. Whatever is difficult can be done easily with regular attendance, attention and action.” – Israelmore Ayivor
You will also enjoy our article on patience quotes.
29. “Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.” – John C. Maxwell
You will also enjoy our article on tree quotes.
30. “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.” – Anthony Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on passion quotes.
31. “We all have to start somewhere, and doing something is better than nothing at all. Start small so you don’t get discouraged and give up. Remember it is all about consistency.” – Khloe Kardashian
32. “Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.” – Jacob A. Riis
33. “I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.” – Og Mandino
34. “When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself.” – Isak Dinesen
35. “If you are aiming at the top, consistency is the name of the game.”
― Olawale Daniel
36. “Having a story is what people connect with, but the story alone doesn’t allow you to achieve greatness and results. It’s the day-to-day consistency of providing value to your audience.” – Lewis Howes
37. “In baseball, my theory is to strive for consistency, not to worry about the numbers. If you dwell on statistics you get shortsighted, if you aim for consistency, the numbers will be there at the end.” – Tom Seaver
Don’t forget to also check out these warrior quotes on having an unbeatable mind.
Consistency quotes to impact your true self
38. “Part of courage is simple consistency.” – Peggy Noonan
39. “I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at time. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and lows.” – Drew Barrymore
40. “The consistency in your person from home to work is vitally important so that you are in total balance at all times. Being out of balance means that your true self will start to be confused with what you pretend to be.” – Catherine Pulsifer
41. “Consistency is the belt that fastens excellence in position. If you don’t do it repeatedly, you’ll not excel in it.” – Israelmore Ayivor
42. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” ― Calvin Coolidge
43. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
44. “It’s not all about talent. It’s about dependability, consistency, and being able to improve. If you work hard and you’re coachable, and you understand what you need to do, you can improve.” – Bill Belichick
You will also enjoy our article on dedication quotes.
45. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
46. “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napolean Hill
47. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
48. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
49. “Paralyze resistance with persistence.” – Woody Hayes
50. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billy Jean King
51. “A consistent man believes in destiny, a capricious man in chance.” – Benjamin Disraeli
52. “Consistency is the foundation of virtue.” – Francis Bacon
53. “In any team sport, the best teams have consistency and chemistry.” – Roger Staubach
54. “Being persistent may lead you to the door but consistency is the key that unlocks it.” – Kenny Dasinger
55. “Consistency is the key! If you can’t be consistent, then you can’t be anything.” – Tony Gaskins
Consistency quotes to encourage you
56. “You cannot be a winner without maturity and consistency.” – Marco Silva
57. “I’m confident to say that if you want to grow in a profession, consistency is the key…” – Eliud Kipchoge
58. “Across professions, consistency is a direct product of work ethic.” – Harsha Bhogle
59. “True consistency, that of the prudent and the wise, is to act in conformity with circumstances and not to act always the same way under a change of circumstances.” – John C. Calhoun
60. “If you want to be successful, you need consistency and if you don’t have it, you’ve got no chance.” – Paul Merson
61. “The secret to winning is constant, consistent management.” – Tom Landry
62. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” – Anthony Robbins
63. “Consistency is an under-appreciated inspirational quality. It’s that ability to conduct yourself in a consistent, reliable manner that others will respect and appreciate.” – Del Suggs
64. “Consistency is what counts; you have to be able to do things over and over again.” – Hank Aaron
65. “Consistency paired with self-discipline is crucial to achieving your goals and being successful.” – Brain Tracy
66. “Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.” – Bruce Lee
Consistency Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Set Goals
67. “I accumulated small but consistent habits that ultimately led to results that were unimaginable when I started.” — James Clear
68. “Children need consistency; they feel more stable and confident when routines are set in place.” — Carole Saad
69. “What makes a publishing house great? The easy answer is the consistency with which it produces books of value over a lengthy period of time.” — Robert Gottlieb
70. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.” — Marie Forleo
71. “Consistency is what matters the most in triggering something important to your life.” — Abdul Rauf
72. “Consistency also teaches us that some things do not change, though we may wish they would. Not everything bends to our personal preferences.” — Kim John Payne
73. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” — Aristotle
74. “Sometimes, persuasion requires commitment, effort, and consistency.” — Dr. Rachel Venturini
75. “An intelligent consistency is the foundation of genius.” — Chris Matakas
76. “Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex.” — Norman Vincent Peale
Consistency Quotes To Achieve Success
77. “Effort means nothing without consistency.” — Janna Cachola
78. “Successful innovation requires commitment, consistency, and collaboration.” — Monique Beedles
79. “The secret of success is consistency of purpose.” — Benjamin Disraeli
80. “Consistency is one of the biggest factors in leading to accomplishment and success.” — Byron Pulsifer
81. “Along with trustworthiness, consistency is the thing to look for when you surround yourself with people who can help you on your quest.” — Michael Johnson
82. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” — Maya Angelou
83. “The harder the struggle, the bigger the gain. The important thing is to stick with it, repetitively and consistently.” — Mara Schiavocampo
84. “The hallmark of excellence, the test of greatness, is consistency.” — Jim Tressel
85. “Dreams will come true when you are awakened to the situation and work on it with consistency.” — Anil Sinha
86. “Without consistency, there is no moral strength.” — John Owen
Consistency Quotes That will Lead To Your Success
87. “Consistency and discipline births successful outcomes.” ― Robin S. Baker
88. “Consistency is what takes something you do one day and turns into a lifestyle.” — Lalah Delia
89. “Goals on the road to achievement cannot be achieved without discipline and consistency.” — Denzel Washington
90. “Consistency of effort over the long run is everything.” — Angela Duckworth
91. “Success is all about consistency around the fundamentals.” — Robin Sharma
92. “Instead of confirming, stay consistent.” — Scarlet Jei Saoirse
93. “My name is CONSISTENCY, I am related to SUCCESS. We should hang out more often than…every once in a while.” — Kim Garst
94. “Consistency is thinking the right thoughts even when your reality seems all wrong.” ― Dexter A. Daniels
95. “Consistency is the intangible fuel that builds from the lessons learned propelling you to the ultimate unveiling of your life’s purpose.” ― Dexter A. Daniels
96. “Consistency is the path that makes the fruition of your goals, inevitable.” ― Dexter A. Daniels
Consistency Quotes To Help You Be Organised
97. “Those who honestly mean to be true contradict themselves more rarely than those who try to be consistent.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr
98. “Consistency is found in that work whose whole and detail are suitable to the occasion. It arises from circumstance, custom, and nature.” ― Marcus V. Pollio
99. “Consistency is a virtue for trains.” ― Stephen Vizinczey
100. “Consistency is only a kind of chastity of the head.” ― Donald Barr
101. “Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature, and in such things as these, experiment is the best test of such consistency.” ― Michael Faraday
102. “Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the life of the intellect—simply a confession of failure.” ― Oscar Wilde
103. “Consistency is found in that work whose whole and detail are suitable to the occasion. It arises from circumstance, custom and nature.” ― Vitruvius
104. “It’s very easy to make a viral video, but longevity and consistency, that’s hard.” ― Michelle Phan
105. “Intellectual consistency is far from being the first want of our nature, and is seldom a primary want in minds of great persuasive, as distinguished from convincing power.” ― Michael Strahan
106. “Where is the problem? We’re entertained. / My problem’s the consistency with every concept made / Don’t just tell me a story / What does it convey?” ― Rody Walker
You might also like these perseverance quotes that will inspire you to keep going.
Which of these consistency quotes inspired you most?
Consistency really is the difference between achieving your goals or allowing them to remain simply dreams.
While taking action is how you get started, consistent action is what leads to real and lasting changes and results.
Consistency helps you to become a better leader, better parent, and experience success.
And, the best part is, it doesn’t have to be big action that you are being consistent in.
The small things that are done consistently over time, make a big impact.
This makes it easier to get started and stick with it, even when it’s challenging.
The longer you stick with being consistent, you’ll notice that it’s changing you by helping you to become more confident.
It can be hard work to be persistent, but it’s well worth all the effort.
Which of these consistency quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.