April Quotes to Keep You Pushing Forward with Positivity
February 6, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Spring starts in the middle of March, but the month of April seems to be the prelude to the promised rebirth taking place in May, as described in these April quotes.
Share your favorite April quotes with us in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these April quotes?
Do you dread the silly pranks on April Fool’s Day, or do you expect the showers that signify beautiful spring is just getting better?
These April quotes will:
- help you develop a new appreciation for the month of April
- give you some ideas for the perfect Instagram captions
- help give you the motivation to keep going when things are a little gloomy
Whichever way you plan to spend your days in April, make sure you dip into these April quotes and get acquainted with that special month of the year that has fascinated many writers.
Also, read these March quotes to remind you of what’s so special about this month.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
April quotes by famous writers and poets of our time
1. “April comes like an idiot, babbling and stewing flowers.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
You will also enjoy our article on bullying quotes.
2. “It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.” – George Orwell
You will also enjoy our article on December quotes.
3. “Sweet April’s tears / Dead on the hem of May.” – Alexander Smith
4. “April, April, laugh thy girlish laughter, and the moment after, Weep thy girlish tears, April.” – Angus Wilson
5. “Today has been a day dropped out of June into April.” – L.M. Montgomery, “Anne of Windy Poplars”
6. “If April showers should come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May.” – Buddy de Sylva
7. “April is the kindest month. April gets you out of your head and out working in the garden.” – Marty Rubin
8. “April. Month of dust and lies.” – Naguib Mahfouz, “Adrift on the Nile”
9. “Here cometh April again, and as far as I can see the world hath more fools in it than ever.” – Charles Lamb
10. “April prepares her green traffic light and the world thinks, “Go!” – Christopher Morley
April quotes to keep you pushing forward
11. “The tantalizing scent transported me to a white, sandy beach lapped by a turquoise sea under a tropical sun. Lime and coconut were the getaway flavors my bakery customers needed in April, tax time.” – Judith Fertig
12. “Some people can’t be fooled on April Fool’s Day because they were fooled too many times during their entire lifetime.” – Akash B Chandran
13. “April weather, rain and sunshine both together.” – English Country Saying
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve.
14. “Summer is only the unfulfilled promise of spring, a charlatan in place of the warm balmy nights I dream of in April. It’s a sad season of life without growth…It has no day.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. “We can’t possibly have a summer love. So many people have tried that the name’s become proverbial. Summer is only the unfulfilled promise of spring, a charlatan in place of the warm balmy nights I dream of in April. It’s a sad season of life without growth…It has no day.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
16. “They came on one of April’s most brilliant days–a day as sparkling as a newly-washed lemon…a day when even the shadows were a melange of blue and orange and jade, like the shadows that poured from the tipsy brush of Monet.” – Beverley Nichols
17. “With the coming of spring, I am calm again.” – Gustav Mahler
18. “April splinters like an ice palace.” – Ruth Stone
19. “April is a promise that May is bound to keep.” – Hal Borland
20. “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
You might also like these motivational role model quotes on the influence of heroes in our lives.
April quotes that will make your day
21. “A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew / A cloud, and a rainbow’s warning / Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue / An April day in the morning.” – Harriet Prescott Spofford
22. “For April sobs while these are so glad / April weeps while these are so gay / Weeps like a tired child who had / Playing with flowers, lost its way.” – Helen Hunt Jackson
23. “Old April wanes, and her last dewy morn / Her death-bed steeps in tears; to hail the May / New blooming blossoms ‘neath the sun are born / And all poor April’s charms are swept away.” – John Clare
24. “Again the blackbirds sings; the streams / Wake, laughing, from their winter dreams / And tremble in the April showers / The tassels of the maple flowers.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
25. “Snow in April is abominable,” said Anne. “Like a slap in the face when you expected a kiss.” – L.M. Montgomery, “Anne of Ingleside”
26. “It’s the hottest April in living and dead memory. So hot that the crows are flying with their tongues hanging out of their heads.” – Jess Kidd
27. “The children with the streamlets sing, / When April stops at last her weeping / And every happy growing thing / Laughs like a babe just roused from sleeping.” – Lucy Larcom, “The Sister Months”
28. “The most beautiful springs are those that come after the most horrible winters!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of winter quotes celebrating the changes of the season.
29. “April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four. The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.” – Mark Twain
30. “Although I was born in April, I’m quite certain I was not fully awake until October.” – Peggy Toney Horton, “Stop the World and Get Off”
April quotes to inspire positivity
31. “When bullying April bruised mine eyes / With sleet-bound appetites and crude / Experiments of green, I still was wise / And kissed the blossoming rod.” – Cecil Day-Lewis
32. “Now the noisy winds are still / April’s coming up the hill / All the spring is in her train / Led by shining ranks of rain / Pit, pat, patter, clatter / Sudden sun and clatter patter / All things ready with a will / April’s coming up the hill!” – Mary Mapes Dodge, “Now the Noisy Winds Are Still”
33. “Sweet April-time—O cruel April-time! / Year after year returning, with a brow / Of promise, and red lips with longing paled, / And backward-hidden hands that clutch the joys / Of vanished springs, like flowers.” – Mrs. Craik (Dinah Maria Mulock), “April”
34. “Our spring has come at last with the soft laughter of April suns and shadow of April showers.” – Byron Caldwell Smith
35. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
36. “April showers bring forth May flowers.” – Proverb
37. “The April winds are magical / And thrill our tuneful frames / The garden-walks are passional / To bachelors and dames.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, “April”
38. “Oh to be in England now that April’s there.” – Robert Browning
39. “The sun was warm but the wind was chill / You know how it is with an April day / When the sun is out and the wind is still / You’re one month on in the middle of May.” – Robert Frost, “Two Tramps in Mud Time”
40. “Every tear is answered by a blossom / Every sigh with songs and laughter blent / April-blooms upon the breezes toss them / April knows her own, and is content.” – Susan Coolidge (Sarah Chauncey Woolsey), “April”
Also read these beautiful May quotes that will inspire you to dream again.
More April quotes and sayings
41. “April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain.” – T.S. Eliot
42. “Sweet April showers / Do bring May flowers.” – Thomas Tusser
43. “Why are people so tired on April 1st? Because they just finished a 31-day March.” – Unknown
44. “April Fools gone past, and you’re the biggest fool at last.” – Unknown
45. “Oh, the lovely fickleness of an April day!” – W. H. Gibson
46. “But it is a sort of April-weather life that we lead in this world. A little sunshine is generally the prelude to a storm.” – William Cowper
47. “There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.” – William Cullen Bryant
48. “When April winds / Grew soft, the maple burst into a flush / Of scarlet flowers / The tulip tree, high up / Opened, in airs of June, her multitude / Of golden chalices to humming birds / And silken-wing’d insects of the sky.” – William Cullen Bryant
49. “Oh the lovely fickleness of an April day!” – William Hamilton Gibson
50. “April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” William Shakespeare (Sonnet XCVIII) “Aquarius may hold onto someone until they have nothing left to feel. If they become numb to your existence, it’s hard to reverse that.” – Unknown
Have you seen these uplifting new month quotes that inspire new beginnings?
Motivational April Quotes
51. “Today has been a day dropped out of June into April.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
52. “Her laughter sounded like April showers, like whispered secrets, like glass wind-chimes.” – Rebecca McNutt
53. “Spring is made of solid, fourteen-karat gratitude, the reward for the long wait. Every religious tradition from the northern hemisphere honors some form of April hallelujah, for this is the season of exquisite redemption, a slam-bang return to joy after a season of cold second thoughts.” – Barbara Kingsolver
54. “Let the rain kiss you / Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops / Let the rain sing you a lullaby” – Langston Hughes
55. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
56. “Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.” – Doug Larson
57. “Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.” – Virgil A. Kraft
58. “Blossom by blossom the spring begins.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
59. “Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” – Lilly Pulitzer
60. “Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil.” – Bishop Reginald Heber
April quotes about its beauty
61. “Men are April when they woo, December when they wed.” – William Shakespeare
62. “April is the cruellest month.” – T.S. Eliot
63. “I shine in tears like the sun in April.” – Cyril Tourneur
64. “The air soft as that of Seville in April, and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.” – Christopher Columbus
65. “April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.” – E.Y. Harburg
66. “Shining through tears, like April suns in showers, that labour to overcome the cloud that loads ’em.” – Thomas Otway
67. “So sweet love seemed that April morn. When first we kissed beside the thorn, So strangely sweet, it was not strange We thought that love could never change.” – Robert Bridges
68. “Sweet April showers do spring May flowers.” – Thomas Tusser
69. “April was just beginning, and after the warm spring day it turned cooler, slightly frosty, and a breath of spring could be felt in the soft, cold air.” – Anton Chekov
70. “Hello, April. Please, be a month of rebirth, regrowth, and renewal.” – Anonymous
April motivational quotes
71. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” —John Wooden
72. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.”― Roy T. Bennett
73. “If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” —Jim Rohn
74. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.”― Steve Maraboli
75. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” —Chris Grosser
76. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”― Wayne W. Dyer
77. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” —Oscar Wilde
78. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”― Napoleon Hill
79. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” —Michael John Bobak
80. “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. ”― William James
April Quotes for Renewal and Growth
81. “April is the time to turn over a new leaf.” ― Terri Guillemets
82. “April is the cruelest month, but also the most necessary for growth.” ― Elizabeth Gray
83. “April is the gateway to the joys of summer.” ― Fennel Hudson
84. “April is a bridge between the harsh reality of winter and the beauty of spring.” ― Shannon Alder
85. “In the April of life, the days are sweet and fragrant.” ― Sarah Dessen
86. “April showers bring May flowers, but they also bring renewal and growth.” ― Mandy Harrison
87. “April is a month of grace and second chances.” ― Julie Hebert
88. “April is a time for renewal and new beginnings.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
89. “April is the month of dreams come true.” ― John Baillie
90. “April is a moment of joy for those who have survived the winter.” ― Samuel Johnson
Which of these April quotes is your favorite?
Most of us spend April gardening or fixing our backyards despite the unpredictable weather, warm and then chilly, to get them barbecue-party ready!
These April quotes aptly describe spring and the anticipation of summer.
April is a month for celebrations.
One of the most popular events celebrated across the world is Easter, as Christians observe Holy Week.
Earth Day, meant to encourage everyone to appreciate, protect, and preserve our planet, is also celebrated globally in the latter part of April.
Of course, who doesn’t know about April Fool’s Day kicking off at the start of the month?
How do you celebrate April?
Do you have other favorite April quotes and sayings to add to the list above?
Let us know in the comment section below, and don’t forget to share these April quotes on social media.