These Volodymyr Zelenskyy quotes are from the current (and 6th) president of Ukraine.
However, before he became the president, he was an actor and comedian.
Prior to becoming an actor, he received a degree in law from the Kyiv National Economic University.
Zelenskyy’s political rise is a moment of life imitating art.
One of the TV shows he starred in was titled Servant of the People, in which Zelenskyy played the role of president of Ukraine.
Employees of Kvartal 95 (the production company for the show) created the political party Servant of the People in March 2018.
He announced his run for president on New Year’s Eve in 2018.
He was a popular favorite of the Ukrainian people, who liked that he was a political outsider.
Zelenskyy won by a landslide, garnering 73.2% of the vote.
Anti-establishment and anti-corruption were common themes of his platform.
Now, the likable president of Ukraine has become a symbol of Ukrainian strength and resistance as war is being waged on their soil.
Many of these Zelenskyy quotes come from his Twitter and the news as he speaks about the conflict with Russia.
His actions have earned him praise from many of the world’s leaders.
There is also a meme circulating right now claiming, “Every woman in your life now has at least a small crush on Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it.”
Read through these quotes to see why, and learn more about the Ukrainian president everyone can’t stop talking about!
Volodymyr Zelenskyy quotes that show you who he is
1. “I am a person who works to deadlines.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
2. “I don’t want to interfere in U.S. elections.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
3. “All the money I have, I made with my talent.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
4. “I’m the type of person who responds to facts.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
5. “It’s a victory when the weapons fall silent and people speak up.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
6. “I want to do something to change the mistrust towards politicians.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
7. “I do not try to play a role. I feel good being myself and saying what I think.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
8. “I am not a politician. I am just a simple person who has come to break down this system.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
9. “In my previous profession, when I was a producer, scriptwriter and actor, I wanted to get an Oscar, I wanted to be popular in the U.S.A.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
10. “I will not agree to go to war in the Donbass. I know there are a lot of hotheads, especially those who hold rallies and say, ‘Let’s go fight and win it all back!’ But at what price? What is the cost? It’s another story of lives and land. And I won’t do it.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Zelenskyy quotes about Ukraine and its people
11. “To all the countries of the former Soviet Union: look at us, everything is possible.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
12. “Please, please stop saying that Ukraine is a corrupt country, because from now, it’s not true. We want to change this image.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
13. “Ukrainians have manifested the courage to defend their homeland and save Europe and its values from a Russian onslaught.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
14. “We are very proud of the fact that we have such a low level of anti-Semitism – such a low level of anti-Semitism in independent Ukraine, which started its life in 1991.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
15. “The Ukrainian nation, as no other nation, understands and is fully aware of the tragedy and its scale of all the lost lives of the Ukrainian Jews during the Second World War.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
16. “Let’s build a country of opportunities, where everybody is equal before the law and where the rules of the game are honest and transparent, and the same for everyone.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
17. “I would never want Ukraine to be a piece on the map, on the chessboard of big global players, so that someone could toss us around, use us as cover, as part of some bargain.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
18. “My election only proves that the citizens are tired of the experienced politicians who over the past 28 years created a country of opportunities – opportunities to steal, bribe and loot.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
19. “Now the fate of the country depends entirely on our army, on our heroes, our security forces, all our defenders. And on our people, your wisdom and the great support of all friends of our country. Glory to Ukraine!” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
20. “If there is no Ukrainian strong army, there will be no Ukraine, and that will be the case when everyone will understand… it’s not the war in Ukraine, it’s the war in Europe. We are defending our country, our land. We are not attacking anyone, because that is immoral.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Zelenskyy quotes from the news during the Russian invasion
21. “The fate of Ukraine is being decided right now.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
22. “The fight is here. I need ammunition. Not a ride.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
23. “Tonight they started bombing residential areas of the hero city of Kyiv. It all reminds me of 1941.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
24. “I ask them; Are you with us? They answer that they are with us. But they are not ready to take us to the alliance.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
25. “There is nothing that could possibly explain why the kindergartens and civilian infrastructure are being shelled.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
26. “This night will be very difficult, and the enemy will use all available forces to break the resistance of Ukrainians.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
27. “This morning we are defending our state alone, as we did yesterday. The world’s most powerful forces are watching from afar.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
28. “Today, I asked the twenty-seven leaders of Europe whether Ukraine will be in NATO. I asked directly. Everyone is afraid. They do not answer.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
29. “Stop the enemy wherever you see it.The fate of Ukraine depends only on Ukrainians. No one but ourselves will control our lives. We are on our land. The truth is on our side. It will not be possible to destroy our character.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
30. “This is not just Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. This is the beginning of a war against Europe, against European structures, against democracy, against basic human rights, against a global order of law, rules and peaceful coexistence.” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Zelenskyy quotes from Twitter @ZelenskyyUa
31. “The dialogue with financial partners continues – I talked with Chairman of the @WorldBank Group @DavidMalpassWBG. The World Bank is ready to effectively and powerfully support 🇺🇦. This is important for overcoming the effects of Russian aggression. #StopRussia (03/04).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
32. “Had a conversation with the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi @MohamedBinZayed. Informed about the counteraction to the ongoing Russian aggression. Some topical issues of cooperation were discussed. The support of partners is important. (03/04).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
33. “Held regular talks with President @RTErdogan. Grateful to 🇹🇷 for the consistent support. Informed about the ongoing aggression and nuclear terrorism on the part of the Russian Federation. We must achieve an end to hostilities. #StopRussia (03/04).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
34. “Held negotiations with IMF Executive Director @KGeorgieva. Discussed financial support for 🇺🇦. Grateful for the urgent help already provided by the Fund. The IMF must take the lead in financing the recovery of 🇺🇦 after the end of Russia’s aggression. #StopRussia (03/04).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
35. “Talked to President of the European Commission @vonderleyen. Informed about the aggressor’s nuclear terrorism. Preventing it is our common task. Discussed strengthening sanctions against Russia. The issue of 🇺🇦’s membership in the #EU was also on the agenda. #StopRussia (03/04).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
36. “Continued dialogue with @eucopresident. Our common task is to secure #NPPs, critical production & infrastructure. Discussed ways to implement it, as well as the increase of sanctions against Russia. Raised the issue of 🇺🇦 membership in the #EU. #StopRussia (03/04).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
37. “Talked to @JustinTrudeau. Thanked him for the leadership in imposing anti-Russian sanctions. Stressed the need to expand restrictive measures. The bombing of civilians in Ukraine must be stopped immediately. (03/02).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
38. “Just had a conversation with @POTUS. The American leadership on anti-Russian sanctions and defense assistance to Ukraine was discussed. We must stop the aggressor as soon as possible. Thank you for your support! (03/01).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
39. “To the world: what is the point of saying «never again» for 80 years, if the world stays silent when a bomb drops on the same site of Babyn Yar? At least 5 killed. History repeating… (03/01).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
40. “Olena and I are grateful to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @RoyalFamily that at this crucial time when Ukraine is courageously opposing Russia’s invasion, they stand by our country and support our brave citizens. Good will triumph. (03/01).” — Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Everything you wanted to know about Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Sadly for the female population that is crushing on Zelenskyy, he has been married since 2003.
Olena Kiyashko, his wife, and Zelenskyy attended high school together.
She is a screenwriter who also worked for Kvartal 95.
Zelenskyy also has two children.
His daughter, Oleksandra, was born in 2004.
His son, Kyrylo, followed in 2013.
Zelenskyy has stated that his family is the second Russian target, and he fears for their safety.
However, he isn’t backing down.
Support for Ukraine and Zelensky has come from nearly everyone.
Various countries are standing up and taking sides, even the notoriously neutral Switzerland!
A native Russian businessman has also put out a million-dollar bounty for Putin’s arrest.
The hacktivist group Anonymous has even waded into the war, declaring cyber war on Russia.
Hopefully, Zelenskyy and his family stay safe, and he becomes an integral part of Ukrainian history—one where they are triumphant and remain their own sovereign nation.
If you have any other Zelenskyy quotes to add, you can leave them in the comment section below!
September 9, 2022 9:00 AM EST