Align your kundalini with our Yogi Bhajan quotes.
Over his career, he amassed thousands of followers.
Find out more about this influential teacher with our Yogi Bhajan quotes.
Who was Yogi Bhajan?
Yogi Bhajan was the man who founded the 3HO Foundation.
He was followed by many students and used his prestige to promote cultural heritage and spirituality.
Check out these facts about Bhajan’s organization 3HO:
- 3HO was present in thirty-five countries.
- Bhajan built the 3HO to include over three hundred centers.
- The concept behind 3HO is for it to serve as a Healthy, Happy, Holy Organization.
What did Yogi Bhajan teach about?
Yogi Bhajan was a pioneer in introducing the West to kundalini.
In Hebrew, it is known as shekinah; in China, it is chi; in Japan, it is called qi.
Kundalini is a university concept for many cultures.
Kundalini is the energy that travels throughout your body via your chakra centers.
Chakra points are energy centers in the body that regulate many aspects of our identity and connection to our world.
Kundalini comes from ancient Hindu practices describing how to balance the body’s energy centers.
Yogi Bhajan taught his followers how to connect with, open up and communicate with those energy centers, releasing their kundalini energy.
A brave student travels West
In 1968, Bhajan moved to Canada and quickly impacted his community.
He set up classes, founded a yoga center, and was interviewed by the national press for his efforts to establish Canada’s first Sikh temple.
Bhajan taught about the Aquarian Age and believed we were on a timeline where people would experience God for themselves internally as opposed to outside of themselves.
He believed this was the key to liberating people’s faith.
What was the controversy with Yogi Bhajan?
After his death, students and followers of Bhajan have come forward, sharing stories of physical, mental, and sexual abuse.
The Yogi has been accused of taking advantage of dozen and potentially hundreds of young women.
To learn more, check out our Yogi Bhajan quotes.
Short Yogi Bhajan from the wise teacher
These Yogi Bhajan quotes are short and sweet.
1. “Be the alter, not the alternative.” — Yogi Bhajan
2. “Self-reliance conquers any difficulty.” — Yogi Bhajan
3. “Share your strengths, not your weaknesses.” — Yogi Bhajan
4. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” — Yogi Bhajan
5. “A failure is only a step on the way to your success.” — Yogi Bhajan
The top Yogi Bhajan quotes about prayer
Yogi Bhajan reminds us of the importance of daily prayer.
6. “Let your heart speak to other’s hearts.” — Yogi Bhajan
7. “Prayer without heart is a waste of time.” — Yogi Bhajan
8. “You are asking the Infinite to come through for the finite.” — Yogi Bhajan
9. “When you pray, you become an identity who is asking for help.” — Yogi Bhajan
10. “Prayer is powerful because prayer brings the entire Infinite with you.” — Yogi Bhajan
Famous Yogi Bhahan quotes on self-mastery
11. “Every individual has the potential to be original.” — Yogi Bhajan
12. “There is only one thing you should know. Conquer yourself.” — Yogi Bhajan
13. “If you want to progress in your life and grow, act, not to react.” — Yogi Bhajan
14. “You are very powerful, providing you know how powerful you are.” — Yogi Bhajan
15. “In all darkness, there is a light, and in all light, there is a darkness.” — Yogi Bhajan
The best Yogi Bhajan quotes about developing your inner self
Here the Yogi breaks down why completing inner work is so essential.
16. “Be the answer, not the question.” — Yogi Bhajan
17. “Remember one thing: listen to everybody very patiently, and act only when you have to act.” — Yogi Bhajan
18. “Develop your intuition so that the changes in the years to come may be convenient for you.” — Yogi Bhajan
19. “The fact is that there is nothing more beautiful, more worthy, or more conscious than you.” — Yogi Bhajan
20. “The mind becomes a monster when it becomes your master. The mind is an angel when it is your servant.” — Yogi Bhajan
Yogi Bhajan quotes and sayings about life
We close our list with these philosophical quotes from Yogi Bhajan
21. “Smile in adversity; that is the first lesson.” — Yogi Bhajan
22. “The fundamental law of Truth is that it penetrates through all darkness.” — Yogi Bhajan
23. “When you do not consciously relate to your body, your mind does not relate consciously to you.” — Yogi Bhajan
24. “You have to understand the purpose of life; the purpose of life is to do something which will live forever.” — Yogi Bhajan
25. “When your mind thinks too much, it loses touch with the reality of life. To be real, our feet should be on the Earth, and our head should be in the Heavens.” — Yogi Bhajan
Release your kundalini
Bhajan believed that each of us was capable of achieving our best self.
He taught that learning to harness your own energy was essential to your evolution.
What are some ways you like to get in tune with yourself?
Do you meditate or go on long walks?
Let us know in the comments below.