Since the war between Ukraine and Russia started, Ukraine war quotes have been shared widely on social media platforms.
If you are also looking for some of the best Ukraine war quotes, this article is for you.
Apart from a list of popular Ukraine quotes, we have also discussed the impact of this war on the rest of our world.
If interested, please continue reading!
You may also find the following articles interesting:
Start of the Ukraine War
Russia invaded Ukraine on 24 February 2022.
This invasion is said to be a result of an ongoing escalation between Russia and Ukraine that started in 2014.
After one year of the Ukraine invasion, there is no end to this war soon.
Millions of people are unable to return to their homes.
Most people still live in war-stricken parts of the county and without basic necessities like food, electricity, and water.
However, the Ukraine war isn’t causing trouble only for the people of Ukraine.
On the other hand, this war has a ripple effect on the regions.
Devastation of Infrastructure
Missile strikes resulted in damaging 30-50% of the power infrastructure of Ukraine.
This damage is expected to be worth US $113.5 billion.
In addition, the destruction of water sources also left millions of people without clean drinking water.
The continuation of the war is leading Ukraine to a humanitarian catastrophe.
This is so because the medical supplies and beds in the hospitals are not sufficient.
How Does the War in Ukraine Affect the Rest of the World?
No doubt, the Ukraine war has had a significant impact on the people living in the country.
On the other hand, the negative impact of this war has also affected the countries around the world.
The war has disturbed the global food supply chain.
Grain exports have declined, which could lead to food inflation or scarcity.
What Countries Are Impacted by the War in Ukraine?
Numerous countries are affected by the Ukraine war.
The global repercussions will be catastrophic even for countries that are not directly linked to this Ukraine war.
For instance, East Africa is facing the threat of a looming famine.
This is because the area has faced a severe drought in the past few years.
The worst is happening with the disruption in food supply due to the Russian-Ukraine war.
It is expected that 21.7 million people are facing the threat of food scarcity in the region.
In addition, the lives of nearly 1.5 million children are at risk due to malnutrition.
A few other countries affected by this war include:
Top 10 Ukraine War Quotes
Following is a rundown of the top 10 Ukraine war quotes.
1. “I will be very involved in Ukraine.” — Federica Mogherini
2. “I am for a single and unified Ukraine.” — Alexander Lukashenko
3. “The top human predator in Ukraine is war.” — Steven Magee
4. “It is not all right for Russia to decide Ukraine’s future.” — Antony Blinken
5. “I am a citizen of the world, and also a citizen of Ukraine.” — Victor Pinchuk
6. “If any country deserves American support, Ukraine does.” — Brandon Webb
7. “Russia is doing all it can to promote early stabilization in Ukraine.” — Sergei Lavrov
8. “At the moment, don’t buy my books; help the people of Ukraine instead.” — Abhijit Naskar
9. “Growing up in a very poor orphanage in Ukraine, there wasn’t much food.” — Oksana Masters
10. “We’ve walked away from our treaty obligations in Ukraine, putting NATO at risk.” — Ryan Zinke
Ukraine War Quotes about War & Peace
Here are some well-known authors’ quotes on the futility of war and the necessity of world peace in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
11. “A stable, prosperous, and peaceful Ukraine is in the interests of everyone in the region.” — David Lidington
12. “The basics of the Ukraine war is Russia fighting European and USA supplied weapons.” — Steven Magee
13. “Citizens of Ukraine will never enjoy the beauty of peace unless we settle down our relations with Russia.” — Petro Poroshenko
14. “When the war is over, we should rebuild what was destroyed and make it better for the heroic people of Ukraine.” — Kyriakos Mitsotakis
15. “The people of Ukraine want peace. The government in Ukraine wants peace and is doing everything it can to build it.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
16. “France strongly condemns the decision of Russia to start a war with Ukraine. Russia must immediately put an end to its military operations.” — Emmanuel Macron
17. “The Cold War, Bosnia, and Ukraine remind us that peace is fragile. Iraq and Syria remind us that no society or culture is immune from conflict.” — Gavin Esler
18. “Our stand is crystal-clear – we want peace in Ukraine, which can only be attained through broad national dialogue in which all regions and all political forces of the country must participate.” — Sergei Lavrov
19. “We wish the people of Ukraine a safe and quick end to their suffering, and we support all the initiatives taken to provide support and bring peace and stability to this important part of the world.” — Mustafa Alsayed
20. “Quite frankly, Russian aggression in Ukraine and its illegal occupation of Crimea remind us that we still have a good deal more work to do to guarantee the strategic vision of a Europe whole, free and at peace.” — Joe Biden
Ukraine War Quotes about Vladimir Putin
The quotes below do a good job of presenting the views of others on Vladimir Putin and the situation in Ukraine.
21. “Putin sought to destabilize Ukraine’s economy.” — Joe Biden
22. “Putin has just launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Peaceful Ukrainian cities are under strikes.” — Dmytro Kuleba
23. “President Putin has chosen a path of bloodshed and destruction by launching this unprovoked attack on Ukraine.” — Boris Johnson
24. “Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine is a gross violation of that nation’s sovereignty and an affront to the international community.” — Rand Paul
25. “The more Mr. Putin extends the fighting in eastern Ukraine, the more the financial markets will ratchet up their own pressure on Russia.” — Roger Altman
26. “Our basic problem is how do we stop the hot war on the ground in Ukraine, and not get into a more and more escalators relationship with Putin.” — Fiona Hill
More Ukraine War Quotes about Vladimir Putin
Here are additional quotes about Putin and the Ukraine War.
27. “If Trump’s talking to Putin can help end the bloodshed in Ukraine or Syria, it would appear to be at least as ethical an act as puppeteering about our moral superiority on the Sunday talk shows.” — Pat Buchanan
28. “Keep Ukraine out of NATO, urge Putin to respect international boundaries and issue a credible threat: If Russia invades Ukraine, then the United States and Europe will embargo all Russian fossil fuels.” — Nancy Mace
29. “Russia’s leader, Vladimir Putin, has managed to retain high approval ratings despite his slumping economy by seizing Crimea from Ukraine and participating in the Syrian war that is destabilizing the Mideast and, increasingly, Europe and the West.” — Kelly Evans
30. “While Meta blocked Russian organizations from running ads sharing pro-Russia propaganda as Vladimir Putin invades a free and sovereign Ukraine, Meta is not only allowing CCP-backed organizations to spread the exact same misinformation but also profiting from it.” — Young Kim
Additional Ukraine War Quotes from Volodymyr Zelensky
Here are a few more quotes about Volodymyr Zelensky and the Ukraine War.
31. “Ukraine did not seek greatness. But Ukraine has become great.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
32. “Please, please stop saying that Ukraine is a corrupt country because from now, it’s not true. We want to change this image.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
33. “Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don’t see anyone. Who is ready to give Ukraine a guarantee of NATO membership? Everyone is afraid.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
34. “In today’s world, where we live, there is no longer someone else’s war. None of you can feel safe when there is a war in Ukraine when there is a war in Europe.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
35. “This night will be very difficult, and the enemy will use all available forces to break the resistance of Ukrainians, the fate of Ukraine is being decided right now.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
36. “I’m sure that in the future, every part of the world will recognize that Holodomor is a huge tragedy for Ukraine, and was actually the destruction of Ukrainian people.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
Ukraine War Quotes from Volodymyr Zelensky
You can learn much about Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s goals and feelings for his country by reading the quotes below.
37. “I would never want Ukraine to be a piece on the map, on the chessboard of big global players, so that someone could toss us around, use us as cover, as part of some bargain.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
38. “Honoring the memory of the victims of the Holocaust, in which more than two million Ukrainian Jews died, Ukraine calls on Israel to also recognize the Holodomor as an act of genocide against the Ukrainian people.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
39. “Ukraine and Israel have long-standing historical ties. Our nations have together experienced all the tragedies in recent history – the Holodomor and the Holocaust, the Second World War, and the totalitarian Soviet regime.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
40. “If there is no Ukrainian strong army, there will be no Ukraine, and that will be the case when everyone will understand… it’s not the war in Ukraine; it’s the war in Europe. We are defending our country, our land. We are not attacking anyone because that is immoral.” — Volodymyr Zelensky
Ukraine War Quotes From World Leaders
Here are some of the moving words said by world leaders standing up for Ukraine.
41. “We stand in solidarity with Ukraine, Slava Ukrani.” — Janez Janša
42. “Germany stands with Ukraine and side by side with all of you.” — Olaf Scholz
43. “Iceland stands in full solidarity with Ukraine in the face of Russia’s brutal military aggression.” — Katrín Jakobsdóttir
44. “We will also continue to help directly in Ukraine; you can count on that. The Czech Republic stands behind Ukraine.” — Petr Fiala
45. “Our entire society is with the Ukrainian people. We [will] do our best to help Ukraine and those fleeing from the atrocities of the war.” — Sanna Marin
46. “Ukrainians will withstand this tragedy, and once the war is over, they will rebuild their beautiful country with our help. We stand with Ukraine.” — Egils Levits
47. “Denmark stands in full solidarity with Ukraine. We support your fight for freedom and peace. And we open our hearts and homes to Ukrainians fleeing the war.” — Mette Frederiksen
48. “Luxembourg stands up for Ukraine too. My government is fully committed to helping those fleeing the horrors of the war in Ukraine, be they in or outside of Ukraine.” — Xavier Bettel
49. “Today, I call on every country of the free world and all their citizens to join forces. We must all act united to stop the war. We must save and protect the innocent whose lives are being destroyed by this brutal aggression.” — Gitanas Nausėda
50. “In these dark hours, Austria stands with Ukraine. What the Ukrainian people desperately need and what they deserve is peace. So my message to President Putin is simple: Silence the gun, pull back your troops, and end this war.” — Alexander Schallenberg
Which One of these Ukraine War Quotes is your Favorite?
Once going through our list of the Ukraine war quotes, you now have an idea about the devastation caused by this war.
These quotes are associated with the top and influential people around the world.
For instance, some of these quotes are related to Volodymyr Zelensky.
Since our Ukraine war quotes are placed under their relevant sections, it would be easy for you to find your favorite quote.
If you have already found one, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.