There are a lot of sneaky good vibe snatchers out there, just waiting to pounce when you least expect it.
Perhaps you’re finally about to pull into a parking space, but some evil person with advanced maneuvering skills somehow slides in there first. Maybe you’ve just noticed that coffee stain smack dab on the front of your white shirt, right as you’re walking into work.
Or when your phone slips right out of your coconut-oiled hands to smash against the floor and shatter the screen, much to your chagrin. Whatever the case, big or small, we’ve all been there. We need to deal with those pesky, positive energy hijackers whenever we need to.
It may not be the end of the world, but it can still deplete our happiness reserves. So when you need to refill that energy tank and keep your game strong, check out these tips to get positive vibes real quick:
How To Get Good Vibes
1. Add a plant or bouquet of flowers to your work or living space. It will help to filter out toxins from the air. Plus, just gazing at the vibrant blossoms or greenery can be oh-so rejuvenating.
2. Smile (bonus points for smiling at strangers!). It’s so quick and easy to do. Plus, it signals the brain to release hormones like endorphins and serotonin, which are excellent mood-boosters.
3. Schedule some time for your friends. Even if your schedule doesn’t allow for you guys to meet up today, make plans for this week so you have something to look forward to.
4. Wear some bright colors. A totally funky outfit that is uniquely you – or any ensemble, really – can instantly make you feel more confident and empowered.
5. Do a quick de-cluttering of your office desk or a counter in your home. Clearing space in your physical environment helps to detox your mind so you will feel calmer and more at peace – guaranteed.
6. Kiss or hold hands with a loved one. Oxytocin, known as the “love” hormone, is increased when you touch or are touched by a loved one. Go get your cuddle on!
7. Get your green on by eating (or drinking) dark, leafy veggies. You’ll enjoy an energy boost and a good helping of antioxidants to protect yourself against cancer and inflammation. Ah, yes please!
8. Do a short guided meditation or visualization. Check out awesome and free apps like Calm or Insight Timer. Find one that works for you and your schedule.
9. Stop and smell the roses (literally and figuratively)! Go for a walk outside and breathe in the natural beauty. Or you can take a few minutes to cultivate some gratitude for your friends, family, and all the things that are going rather well in your life.
10. Relax in a sea salt bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Enjoy a calming spa retreat in the comfort of your own home!
11. Take a social media break. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by what’s going on in the world and feel our last remnants of good vibes begin to fade away. So take a break even for just one day!
We also have a collection of good vibes quotes about feeling good. Don’t forget to also read that.
12. Dish out some heart-centered compliments. Showering others with praise is a fast and sure-fire way to boost up the receiver’s vibes (and yours, at the same time). Win-win!
13. Find and play your theme song. This is the music you feel deeply connected to and that always puts you in high spirits. While you’re at it, why not come up with “good vibes only” playlist full of songs about reaching your dreams and the like to put in heavy rotation?
14. If needed, take a mental health day. This is just as important as taking time off when you’re physically ill. So engage in some self-care, or basically any activity that will lift you up. It could be just grabbing a latte and immersing yourself in a great book or podcast.
15. Breathe. Oftentimes, the simplest things are the most important. It’s easy to get caught up in our fast-paced lives, and this can set the stage for increased anxiety and shallow chest breathing. Try and breathe deep from your diaphragm to shift you into a more relaxed state.
To keep good vibes flowing, feel free to print and hang this list up to serve as a healthy reminder to amp up that positive energy!