Laugh out loud with our What About Bob quotes.
What About Bob is a classic comedy film from the 90s starring Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray.
If you’re a fan of the film, you will feel nostalgic as you check out these What About Bob quotes.
What exactly is What About Bob?
What About Bob is a hilarious film about a psychiatrist, Dr. Leo Marvin, played by Richard Dreyfuss, and his inability to get away from his patient Bob, played by Bill Murray.
Despite its comedic nature, the film brought awareness to mental health by addressing:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Is What About Bob a comedy classic?
One of my week’s highlights was checking out old What About Bob clips to write this article.
I grew up on What About Bob, and there are scenes from the film that crack me up over thirty years later.
The film won many awards, including Best Comedy and Best Family Comedy, but does it rank as a comedy classic?
The test of time to determine if a film holds its weight is, well, time.
Rewatching the dinner scene where Bob vocally shares his appreciation for the food through passionate “ooohhhs,” “ahhhhs,” and “mmmmms” had me in stitches.
The absurd nature of the plot remains funny several decades later.
The looks of disgust and fury on Dr. Leo’s face are priceless.
He and Murray are perfect foils to one another.
The dark side of What About Bob?
In an interview from four years ago, actor Richard Dreyfuss opened up about working with Bill Murray on the set of What About Bob.
He described Murray as an “alcoholic bully” who screamed in his face and attempted to hit him in the face with a cigarette ashtray.
Maybe the off-camera friction between the two is what makes their brand of odd-couple comedy so funny.
Maybe Dreyfuss is just a really nice guy.
Either way, check out our What About Bob quotes below!
Short What About Bob quotes from Siggy
Charlie Korsmo did an excellent job playing Siggy; here are some of his best lines.
1. “I mean, I nearly drowned. My whole life passed before my eyes.” — Siggy, What About Bob
2. “I mean, my dad just dropped me in the water. He let me go with no warning.” — Siggy, What About Bob
3. “It was still grim.” — Siggy, What About Bob
4. “Goodbye, green-puking pissant!” — Siggy, What About Bob
5. “Maybe I’m in mourning for my lost childhood.” — Siggy, What About Bob
The top hilarious What About Bob quotes from Dr. Leo Marvin
If you want to see what frustration and fury personified, check out Dr. Leo Marvin.
6. “Your wife did not leave you, you left her because she liked Neil Diamond?” — Dr. Leo Marvin, What About Bob
7. “You see!?” — Dr. Leo Marvin, What About Bob
8. “Are you married?” — Dr. Leo Marvin, What About Bob
9. “I want some peace and quiet!” — Dr. Leo Marvin, What About Bob
10. “So, what you’re saying is that even though you are an almost-paralyzed, multiphobic personality who is in a constant state of panic.” — Dr. Leo Marvin, What About Bob
The best funny What About Bob quotes from Bob Wiley
These quotes are from the movie’s eponymous star, Bob.
11. “I’m divorced.” — Bob Wiley, What About Bob
12. “Well, I’ll be quiet.” — Bob Wiley, What About Bob
13. “The doctor says to him, You are obsessed with sex, he replies Well, you’re the one drawing all the dirty pictures!” — Bob Wiley, What About Bob
14. “There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don’t. My ex-wife loves him.” — Bob Wiley, What About Bob
15. “Is this some radical new therapy?” — Bob Wiley, What About Bob
Famous What About Bob quotes from Mrs. Guttman
Mrs. Guttman is Dr. Marvin’s angry and hilarious neighbor; here are some of her best moments.
16. “Son of a b*tch.” — Mrs. Guttman, What About Bob
17. “Dr. Leo Marvin?” — Mrs. Guttman, What About Bob
18. “The son of a b*tch.” — Mrs. Guttman, What About Bob
19. “Burn in hell, Dr. Marvin!” — Mrs. Guttman, What About Bob
20. “Stay as far away from him as possible.” — Mrs. Guttman, What About Bob
What About Bob’s Quotes and sayings about hating your neighbors
Mr. Guttman has a bone to pick with Dr. Marvin.
21. “We worked a lifetime to save for a down payment.” — Mr. Guttman, What About Bob
22. “He won’t see you? Well, we’ll show you where he lives.” — Mr. Guttman, What About Bob
23. “She never says that.” — Mr. Guttman, What About Bob
24. “Yeah. He bought our dream house.” — Mr. Guttman, What About Bob
25. “Hello, Dr. Marvin. The house looks nice.” — Mr. Guttman, What About Bob
All is well that ends well
What About Bob has a hilarious ending that proves all is well that ends well.
The movie reminds us that despite our differences, it is never healthy to hold on to rage.
Do you have a favorite What About Bob quote?
Be sure to tell us in the comments.