These Cheech and Chong quotes will make you laugh and brighten your day.
Cheech and Chong is the name of the comedy duo consisting of Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong.
The pair became popular in the 70s and 80s.
They incorporated the free love, hippie era into their routines and content with a heavy focus on the counterculture movement and cannabis usage.
Cheech and Chong first connected in the late 60s in Canada during the height of the Vietnam war draft.
Cheese left America to avoid the draft and met Chong in Canada.
They began performing stand-up comedy shows together, which led to their starring in low-budget films.
Eventually, they put out Up in Smoke, a feature-length movie that gained a cult following.
Enjoy our collection of Cheech and Chong quotes!
Don’t also forget to also check out these Bob Saget quotes by the popular American comedian.
Best Cheech and Chong quotes
1. “There’s the exciting part about comedy – if you catch an act just before they go mainstream, that’s the best. After they hit the mainstream, everything gets watered down a little bit.” – Tommy Chong
2. “Boredom is a disease, too.” – Tommy Chong
3. “I always wanted to work with Betty White because she is one of my heroes of all time, and I just love her.” – Cheech Marin
You will also enjoy our article on Tommy Boy quotes.
4. “The reason we’re so dangerous is because we’re totally harmless.” – Cheech Marin
5. “I’ve always been into improvisation.” – Tommy Chong
6. “You can’t become a dictator through checks and balances.” – Tommy Chong
7. “I’ve been a good boy. I’ve never really been convicted of serious crime.” – Tommy Chong
8. “You have to want to be Chicano to be Chicano.” – Cheech Marin
9. “I love to meet my fans, and after every show, I usually hang out for a few hours, talking to my fans, signing autographs, and selling T-shirts.” – Tommy Chong
10. “I wish I could say farewell and retire, but there is nothing for me to retire from.” – Tommy Chong
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Dolemite quotes with a boom!
Cheech and Chong quotes that will make your day
11. “Whether it’s from the biggest, most powerful city, or from the dinkiest little podunk town, there is a certain attachment and connection, and yes, pride about where you came from.” – Cheech Marin
12. “It is surprising how many professional athletes, along with their families and friends, are gaga over movie and music stars, and the reverse is true with entertainers and sports stars.” – Cheech Marin
13. “I’ve always believed in the concept of retirement. I retired for the first time at age 18… from school. To me, retirement means doing what you want to do without worrying about getting paid for it.” – Tommy Chong
14. “Musicians can travel all over the world and have an audience because there’s no language barrier.” – Tommy Chong
15. “Comedy is the ultimate truth. Jazz is hitting the notes that no one else would hit, and comedy is saying words that no one else would say.” – Tommy Chong
16. “Every time I get tested, I ask questions about it, and I watch how they do it.” – Tommy Chong
17. “Our first gig was a battle of the bands. We did 45 minutes of comedy and never played a note – and we won!” – Cheech Marin
18. “The good thing about poverty is it keeps you from getting in trouble because if you can’t afford drugs, people will stop giving them to you very quickly. So, being poor really helps – it’s the success that kills you.” – Tommy Chong
19. “We are a multicultural country – always have been, and to our credit, always will be. It is something that we should be very proud of and embrace.” – Cheech Marin
20. “To do a comedy team, it requires so much extracurricular stuff, so much compromise, so much intuitiveness to know what the other guy is doing. That’s why it’s so hard to do it.” – Cheech Marin
Did you enjoy these Cheech and Chong quotes?
The Cheech and Chong duo worked together from 1971 to 1985, when they went their separate ways, with Cheech Marin wanting to move away from the drug-focused comedy.
Eventually, they reunited in 2008, after Tommy Chong spent nine months in jail on drug-related charges.
Over their careers together, the duo had nine primary films, seven secondary films, and seven albums.
They were also part of many side projects, including voicing animated characters in the movie FernGully: The Last Rainforest and Paradoria.
There were also several unproduced films and roles that never came to be.
For example, while Cheech voiced the hyena Banzai in the Lion King, Chong was not cast in the role due to the duo being at odds with each other.
Which of these Cheech and Chong quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.