Did you enjoy the old days of Charlie Brown? If yes, you’ll surely enjoy reading through these unforgettable Charlie Brown quotes.
Charlie Brown first debuted in 1950 as a creation of Charles M. Schulz. Charlie Brown has stood the test of time, appearing in comic from 1950-2000 and now still appearing in animated movies.
Charlie Brown is the little kid inside of all of us at certain times. We all have times when we are uncertain, uncomfortable, or afraid, but Charlie Brown lives his life in this state.
I think that is what has made Charlie Brown connect with generations – the fact that he lives out our fears every day. Enjoy the quotes below and see if you have ever felt like Charlie Brown.
Don’t forget to also check out these Calvin and Hobbes quotes from the classic comic strip.
Uplifting Charlie Brown quotes
1. “In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.” – Charlie Brown
2. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.” – Charlie Brown
3. “Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life.” – Charlie Brown
4. “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charlie Brown
5. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” – Charlie Brown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short uplifting quotes that inspire positivity.
6. “Whenever I feel really alone, I just sit and stare into the night sky. I’ve always thought that one of those stars is my star, and I know that my star will always be there for me. Like a comforting voice saying, “Don’t give up, kid.” – Charlie Brown
7. “If there’s one person you want by your side at a moment like this, it’s your loyal dog.” – Charlie Brown
8. “Charlie Brown is not a quitter.” – Charlie Brown
9. “A dog doesn’t try to give advice, or judge you; they just love you for who you are. It’s nice to have someone who will just sit and listen to you.” – Charlie Brown
10. “What if today we were just grateful for everything?” – Charlie Brown
Memorable Charlie Brown quotes
11. “Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.” – Charlie Brown
12. “It is not the things we get, but the hearts we touch that will measure our success in life.” – Charlie Brown
13. “Life has no remote, get up and change it yourself.” – Charlie Brown
14. “I don’t have time to worry about who doesn’t like me, I’m too busy loving the people that love me.” – Charlie Brown
15. “All we need is confidence.” – Charlie Brown
16. “A friend is someone who knows all your faults, but likes you anyway.” – Charlie Brown
17. “My life isn’t perfect, but I’m thankful for everything I have.” – Charlie Brown
18. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charlie Brown
19. “What’s the good of living if you don’t try a few things?” – Charlie Brown
20. “I think I’ve discovered the secret of life — you just hang around until you get used to it.” – Charlie Brown
21. “I love the kind of hugs where you can physically feel the sadness leaving your body.” – Charlie Brown
Worrying Charlie Brown Quotes
22. “Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, ‘Where have I gone wrong’. Then a voice says to me, ‘This is going to take more than one night.” – Charlie Brown
23. “I think I’m afraid of being happy because whenever I get too happy something bad always happens.” – Charlie Brown
24. “I think there must be something wrong with me, Linus. Christmas is coming, but I’m not happy. I don’t feel the way I’m supposed to feel.” – Charlie Brown
25. “I’m already tired tomorrow.” – Charlie Brown
26. “Nothing takes the taste out of Peanut Butter quite like unrequited love.” – Charlie Brown
27. “There ought to be a better way of starting the day than having to get up.” – Charlie Brown
28. “I thought being in love was supposed to make you happy.” – Charlie Brown
29. “You say you’ll hold it, but what you really mean is you’ll pull it away and I’ll land flat on my back and I’ll kill myself.” – Charlie Brown
30. “I’m staying in bed Snoopy, it’s too peopley out there.” – Charlie Brown
31. “And when I’m lying in bed I think about life and I think about death, and neither one particularly appeals to me.” – Charlie Brown
32. “Lucy’s polls were sometimes kind of violent.” – Charlie Brown
33. “That has to be the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to me in my whole life.” – Charlie Brown
34. “Good grief!” – Charlie Brown
35. “I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.” – Charlie Brown
36. “My anxieties have anxieties.” – Charlie Brown
37. “It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.” – Charlie Brown
Self Depreciating Charlie Brown Quotes
38. “I fall in love with any girl who smells of library paste.” – Charlie Brown
39. “I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn’t have picked this little tree. Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I really don’t know what Christmas is all about.” – Charlie Brown
40. “I wish somebody would come up to me, and say, “Charlie Brown, I’m your friend”.” – Charlie Brown
41. “Awkward is my specialty.” – Charlie Brown
42. “I just hope this new kid has never heard of me. It’s not often you get the opportunity to start over with a clean slate. This time things will be different!” – Charlie Brown
43. “I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?” – Charlie Brown
44. “No problem is so big or so complicated that it can’t be run away from!” – Charlie Brown
45. “Sometimes I lie awake at night and I ask, “Why me?”, then a voice answers “Nothing personal, your name just happened to come up.” – Charlie Brown
46. “There must be millions of people all over the world who never get any love letters. I could be their leader.” – Charlie Brown
47. “I never know what anyone is talking about.” – Charlie Brown
48. “For one brief moment today I thought I was winning in the game of life. But there was a flag on the play!” – Charlie Brown
49. “I’m not a poor loser, I’m a good loser. I’m so good at it I lose all the time!” – Charlie Brown
50. “Life is just too much for me. I’ve been confused right from the day I was born. I think the whole trouble is that we’re thrown into life too fast… we’re not really prepared. Linus van Pelt: What did you want… a chance to warm up first?” – Charlie Brown
Which of these Charlie Brown quotes is your favorite?
Hopefully, you have enjoyed the Charlie Brown quotes and have gotten to understand a little more about who he is. Take some time to see Charlie Brown in the “Peanuts” old comics or in one of his animated films.
You will quickly find out that you want Charlie Brown to succeed and that you are cheering for him! The cast of characters around him will draw your attention as well.
From his loveable and daring dog, Snoopy, to his best friend Linus and his nemesis Lucy, you will find something in all of them that you have experienced in life.
If you have never met Charlie Brown, take the time to do so, and if you have met him, give yourself a shot of nostalgia by picking up some old comics to enjoy again.
Which of these Charlie Brown quotes and sayings is your favorite? Do you have any other quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 25, 2020 7:00 AM EST