These massage quotes and sayings will inspire you to schedule yours as soon as possible.
Do you stand on your feet all day for work?
Or maybe, you sit hunched at a computer typing for 8 hours a day.
Or worse yet, maybe you do a lot of lifting and bending at your job?
We demand a lot of our bodies at work, but truthfully, even our fun activities can cause muscle pain.
One of the best things you can do for your body is to get regular massages.
These massage quotes for her list the many reasons women love them and want them all the time.
The massage quotes from men (ranging from athletes to politicians) about why they also get massages prove it is not just an activity for the ladies either!
So, what are the benefits of a full-body massage?
Well, a massage is a great way to relieve muscle pain, soreness, and tension.
It doesn’t matter whether physical or mental stress caused this pain, the massage will work it out for you.
A massage itself will also help reduce stress and encourage you to be quiet, breathe, and relax for about an hour.
A massage can also help the other systems of your body function better.
It can improve circulation, increase energy, and boost alertness.
A massage can also lower your heart rate and blood pressure while improving immune function.
These massage quotes will list all the reasons you should schedule yours as soon as possible.
Monday massages are an excellent way to start the work week off right.
Don’t forget to also check out these self-care quotes on the importance of taking care of yourself.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Massage therapy quotes for her about why we love and want them
1. “Massage is the study of anatomy in braille.” ― Jack Meagher
2. “We have nothing to fear but missing our massage appointment time.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
3. “Never put off your massage until tomorrow if you can get it today.” ― Thomas Jefferson
4. “Anyone wishing to study medicine must master the art of massage.” ― Hippocrates
5. “Massage is very important for relaxing.” ― Andrew Tan
6. “The time to relax is when you have no time for it.” ― Sydney J. Harris
7. “Find a way to get a full-body massage every day.” ― S. Jay Olshansky
8. “Aromatherapy without massage is like an orchestra without a conductor.” ― Robert Tisserand
9. “If I have the opportunity, a massage or facial is a great way to take a little ‘me time.’” ― Tess Holliday
10. “I love a long, deep-tissue massage where they really get in there and remove the knots!” ― Ashley Roberts
Inspirational massage quotes for him by men
11. “I like getting massages regularly. So much so, that I built a massage room adjacent to my office.” ― Stewart Rahr
12. “I like a deep sports massage – a casual beating up. I try to get them whenever I can, usually more if I’m getting in shape for a role.” ― Chris Pine
13. “I love a massage. I’d go every day if I could. I don’t need to be wrapped in herbs like a salmon fillet, but I do love a massage.” ― Jason Bateman
14. “Massage is the only form of physical pleasure to which nature forgot to attach consequences.” ― Robert Breault
15. “I have a massage when I want to relax. I love being pampered. I love island massages when you’re outside in the fresh air.” ― Angie Stone
16. “I love pampering myself, so going for a massage or getting a mani-pedi makes me feel instantly better. When my nails are done I feel so much better – it’s the little things that make me so happy, and you literally feel polished.” ― Jessica Lowndes
17. “There are some things in life where it’s better to receive than to give, and massage is one of them.” ― Al Michaels
18. “When you massage someone, the levels of oxytocin go up in the brain, and oxytocin is one of the chemicals that drive attachment.” ― Helen Fisher
19. “I try to get away from the pits as quickly as I can. I speak to my engineer when I get out of the car. Usually, there’s some press to do, then I will go off and have a shower and get my dry, clean overalls and clothing on. I’ll have a massage, stretch, and something to eat. I don’t sleep, but I try to close my eyes for a while.” ― Allan McNish
20. “I started practicing yoga. I started learning some hands-on healing stuff. And I found really good chiropractors, really good massage therapists, and what I found is I’ve been able to actually peel off layers of trauma on my body and actually move better now than I did.” ― Ricky Williams
21. “I think acupuncture, reflexology, Reiki, and Shiatsu massage are remarkable, and I used them for years to help with injuries and as a preventative measure.” ― Luke Goss
Message quotes about the health and wellness benefits
22. “Massage therapy has been shown to relieve depression, especially in people who have chronic fatigue syndrome; other studies also suggest benefit for other populations.” ― Andrew Weil
23. “The way to health is to have an aromatic bath and a scented massage every day.” ― Hippocrates
24. “I don’t fear death because I don’t fear anything I don’t understand. When I start to think about it, I order a massage and it goes away.” ― Hedy Lamarr
25. “One hour getting a massage keeps the doctor away.” ― Unknown
26. “In this hectic life, we have no time to take care of ourselves, hence massage is needed for rejuvenation and stress reduction. A lot of people are looking for quick fixes: like, they are taking medications, and they are doing other things which are not healthy. But massage is very holistic and natural.” ― Nargis Fakhri
27. “I take a massage each week. This isn’t an indulgence, it’s an investment in your full creative expression/productivity/passion and sustained good health.” ― Robin S. Sharma
28. “Oil your hair and take a head massage as often as possible for better blood circulation.” ― Sridevi
29. “For many people, managing pain involves using prescription medicine in combination with complementary techniques like physical therapy, acupuncture, yoga and massage. I appreciate this because I truly believe medical care should address the person as a whole – their mind, body, and spirit.” ― Naomi Judd
30. “I get massages almost daily. Sometimes I fall asleep during the massage, but it’s very important to have deep-tissue massages because that type recovers muscles best.” ― Ana Ivanovic
31. “I count on chiropractic sessions to keep my body aligned. Standing for hours can impact my posture, and that can throw the rest of my body out of whack. Acupuncture helps me relax and release stress. I’m also very into massage to help release tension in my back, neck, and shoulders.” ― Giada De Laurentiis
I need a massage quotes for Instagram
32. “When all else fails, get a massage.” ― Unknown
33. “Massage is my cardio!” ― Unknown
34. “I’d rather be getting a massage.” ― Unknown
35. “Massages are luxuries you can’t afford to miss.” ― Unknown
36. “Massage. When your brain needs a hug.” ― Unknown
37. “An hour a week for yourself is really important – have a massage, a facial or even go for a walk alone in the park.” ― Daisy Lowe
38. “To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn’t hurt.” ― Olivia Newton-John
39. “When I was living in Los Angeles, I always booked a moisturizing milk-and-honey massage the day before flying to Spain. It was heaven – I never got dry plane skin or felt stiff from sitting in one position.” ― Carolina Herrera
40. “I love a spa day, so put me in a hot tub and give me a massage, and I am a very happy girl.” ― Ashley Roberts
Monday Massage quotes to start your work week off right
41. “Monday blues? The answer is always a massage.” ― Unknown
42. “May your coffee be strong, and may your massage be long… Happy Monday!” ― Unknown
43. “It’s Monday, time to sparkle and shine!” ― Unknown
44. “Monday; nothing a good massage can’t fix!” ― Unknown
45. “I like to have a massage therapist come to my house, get a massage, take a bath, go to bed. That’s a perfect night alone for me.” ― Stacy Keibler
46. “The massage therapist doesn’t ask questions, the massage therapist understands.” ― Unknown
47. “3 things you must do today: schedule a massage, get a massage, and schedule your next massage.” ― Unknown
48. “Massage day is the best day of the week.” ― Unknown
49. “When you realize today is massage day.” ― Unknown
50. “I get a lymphatic massage every two weeks, and afterward, I have more energy and brighter skin.” ― Hannah Bronfman
Massage quotes to inspire you to book a spa session soon
51. “A massage is just like a movie, really relaxing and a total escape, except in a massage you’re the star. And you don’t miss anything by falling asleep!” – Elizabeth Jane Howard
52. “I like a semi-stressful massage – one where I can really feel something being worked out.” – Emily Weiss
53. “I’ve realized that the most important thing I can do to look good is just treat myself well, whether it’s getting a nice, long massage or just lying low and not going out every single night.” – Kim Cattrall
54. “Indulgence comes in all varieties: a mouthful of gourmet chocolate, a hot stone massage, a week in Paris or 20 uninterrupted minutes to get
lost in a book.” ― Gina Greenlee
55. “Classical or gentle massage causes a surge in oxytocin that reduces anxiety and pain perception.” ― Simon Marshall
56. “Getting a massage is also a great way to relax your muscles. Massage reduces pain, stress, and anxiety, and it improves sleep. The wide-ranging effects likely result from the fact that massage boosts your serotonin and dopamine levels and decreases cortisol.” ― Alex Korb
57. “At noon I get to the gym to do my boxing workout. Three hours there. Rest. Once in a while I get a massage, because I need it once in while.” ― Juan Manuel Marquez
58. “One of my personal indulgences is getting a weekly massage – it helps to re-align my body. I usually feel so much less tense after I’ve gotten rid of some knots in my shoulders and back.” ― Noureen DeWulf
59. “My one guilty pleasure is, every airport, I will drop everything to get an airport massage at those kiosks.” ― Tyler Oakley
60. “I think massage is a very important part of life, which is present from centuries as an imminent part of India’s tradition.” ― Nargis Fakhri
Massage Quotes So You Enjoy Every Massage Session
61. “An oil massage, a hot bath, a good night’s sleep, soft smells and music and clothes with soft textures denote sensuality to me.” ― Padma Lakshmi
62. “Assuming I’m home and don’t have an event, I’ll have a massage or I’ll talk on the phone.” ― Donna Karan
63. “Trust me, lots of guys bring women up to their rooms when their wives are aren’t there and get massages, it happens all the time. It means ‘nothing’.” ― Triple H
64. “It feels like getting a back massage from the Grim Reaper: one must get comfortable with the most horrifying things in the world.” ― Gerald R. Ford
65. “When I really treat myself, I go to incredible Leonor Greyl in Paris for a head massage.” ― Natalia Vodianova
66. “Or for the gorgeously bare vampire to give her a sensual massage while feeding her peeled grapes.” ― Jeaniene Frost
67. “I’m really old-fashioned. An Epsom salt bath, that’s genuinely better than any massage.” ― Emilia Clarke
68. “He can cook and give good massages. What more do you need in a husband?” ― Jill Shalvis
69. “Nothing in life is fun for the whole family. There are no massage parlors with ice cream and free jewelry.” ― Jerry Seinfeld
70. “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. And get a massage – you look really stressed.” ― Ronald Reagan
What did you learn from these massage quotes about life?
If you were looking for the perfect massage quote to caption your relaxing Instagram posts, there were several listed you can pick from.
They will all perfectly capture the essence of prioritizing your body and your peace of mind in this crazy world.
Now that you know why you should get a massage, the next question is, how often do you get one?
That answer really depends on why you are getting them (severe pain or relaxation) and how much you can afford to spend.
I have scoliosis and some other back issues, and the chiropractor recommends frequent massages (once or even twice a week).
The national average for an hour massage runs about $100, which is a little unrealistic for me.
I try to go once, maybe twice a month.
In the time between massages, though, I use the hydromassage bed at the gym and spend a few dollars on the massage chairs everywhere I see them.
You could also try to purchase a massage gun, like this one, or even a chair pad for the back of your office chair.
Although, definitely try to budget the real thing when you can.
Have you tried products like those before?
What’s your biggest takeaway from these massage quotes and sayings?
Please share your favorite ones in the comment section below.
August 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST