You will enjoy these Friday Night Lights quotes if you’re an athlete or sports fan.
There is something special about high school football games.
What memories do you have when you think back to those games under the lights?
You might also enjoy these football-related quote articles:
- Chauncey Gardiner Quotes from Being There
- Lou Holtz Quotes On Football and Life
- Tom Brady Quotes Celebrating a Dynasty
Let us know in the comment section below.
What is Friday Night Lights?
Friday Night Lights is a sports drama series by Peter Berg.
It was inspired by the 1990 non-fiction book by H.G. Bassinger.
The show is about a high school football team in a small rural community in Texas and was filled with realistic sports drama and portrays life in a rural community.
Although the show did not really have a big audience to keep its ratings, it is commended for its fantastic storytelling, character build-up, and realistic portrayal of Middle America.
This show scored multiple nominations and awards during its run.
These Friday Night Lights quotes will keep you inspired to persevere in the face of tough challenges.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of Altered Carbon quotes from the Netflix series.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Friday Night Lights quotes by Coach Taylor
1. “Success is not a goal; it’s a byproduct.” — Coach Taylor
2. “Champions don’t give up. Champions don’t complain. Champions give 200 percent. You’re not champions until you’ve earned it.” — Coach Taylor
3. “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” — Coach Taylor
4. “A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on that field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts.” — Coach Taylor
5. “You listen to people that love you, and you listen to people that you trust. Most of all, you listen to yourself.” — Coach Taylor
6. “Marriage requires maturity. Marriage requires two people that will listen, really listen, to each other. Marriage, most of all, requires compromise.” — Coach Taylor
7. “You give 110 percent all the time, not just when you feel like it.” — Coach Taylor
8. “Every man at some point in his life is gonna lose a battle. He’s gonna fight, and he’s gonna lose. But what makes him a man is that, in the midst of that battle, he does not lose himself.” — Coach Taylor
9. “No matter what happens, no matter where you go, no matter what you do, I’m always gonna be behind you. Always and always and always.” — Coach Taylor
10. “I said you need to strive to be better than everyone else. I didn’t say you needed to be better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That’s what character is: It’s in the try.” — Coach Taylor
11. “You get one chance in life, fellas. You can either take advantage of it, or you can piss it away. You do that latter, and you’re gonna regret it the rest of your lives.” — Coach Taylor
12. “You can’t beat yourself up because you’re taking chances on things.” — Coach Taylor
13. “Son, everything I know about women, you could fit in this coffee cup here.” — Coach Taylor
14. “Stay away from dumb, gentlemen.” — Coach Taylor
15. “6 a.m. sharp means a quarter to 6.” — Coach Taylor
16. “There are more important things than football.” — Coach Taylor
17. “I was gonna help you with the dishes but I somehow got stuck to the couch.” — Coach Taylor
You will also enjoy our article on Meek Mill quotes.
Friday Night Lights quotes by Tami Taylor
18. “Well, you’re gonna win, or you’re gonna lose. Either way, the sun’s still gonna come up tomorrow morning.” — Tami Taylor
19. “Barbecues build morale. That’s why you have them.” — Tami Taylor
20. “Honey, hypocrites are everywhere.” — Tami Taylor
21. “The big deal is that it’s part of my job to make sure that you don’t grow up stupid. It’s bad for the world.” — Tami Taylor
22. “I’m right 100 percent of the time. You can ask my husband.” — Tami Taylor
23. “I believe in you with every cell of my being.” — Tami Taylor
24. “There’s no weakness in forgiveness.” — Tami Taylor
25. “No, I don’t want to go to book club. Those ladies are crazy.” — Tami Taylor
Which of these Friday Night Lights quotes is your favorite?
One aspect of the series that is unique about it is the accurate depiction of what a young athlete in America goes through.
In addition, career-ending medical injuries that change not only the life of an athlete but also the surrounding people were also tackled in the series.
You should watch this TV series if you are a sports fan and even more if you are an athlete.
The series captured the hardship and perseverance an athlete has to go through to achieve his dream and give his best shot for his family and sports fans.
So, hit a few reps in the gym and share these Friday Night Light quotes and sayings.