If you are wondering what it is about candy that people love, the answer is pretty obvious – it’s the sweet taste, as you can see from all the sweet references in these candy quotes!
People seem to either really love candy or it’s just not their thing. My grandpa was certainly a candy man. There was always some in a dish around the house, and he carried Werther’s Originals everywhere he went. Now, I do not love candy. In fact, I barely eat any. I much prefer desserts!
The sweetness obviously comes from the sugar used to make the candy, and the reason people like candy so much is because of how sugar affects the brain. A study published by PLoS One found sweet foods have drug-like effects in the reward center of the brain and sugar can be more addictive than cocaine!
It is no wonder that overeating and craving sweet foods is a problem facing our society. Especially, because excess sugar impairs our cognitive skills, memory, and our self-control.
Does this mean you should never have hard candy, chocolate bars, or some other confection ever again? Only you can answer that, but before you do, keep reading through these candy quotes, and see what other ways sugar affects your overall health.
Don’t forget to also check out these chocolate quotes to make your mouth water.
Cute candy quotes for those sweet Instagram captions
1. “Sweet and twisted like a candy cane.” ― Unknown
2. “Happiness is chocolate disappearing in your mouth.” ― Unknown
3. “Dreams taste like cotton candy.” ― Unknown
4. “All you need is love and a little bit of candy.” ― Unknown
5. “Candy is duct tape for the heart.” ― Unknown
6. “Living the sweet life.” ― Unknown
7. “The best things in life are sweet.” ― Unknown
8. “You give me a sugar rush.” ― Unknown
9. “Candy can never be as sweet as my love for you.” ― Unknown
10. “Keep calm and love candy.” ― Handy Shandy
Candy quotes from song lyrics
11. “Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. Everything that’s wonderful is sure to come your way.” — Lesley Gore, Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows
12. “My boy lollipop, you make my heart go giddy up. You are as sweet as candy.” — Millie Small, My Boy Lollipop
13. “I want candy.” — The Strangeloves, I Want Candy
14. “Lollipop lollipop oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop, sweeter than candy on a stick.” — The Chordettes, Lollipop
15. “I want candy, I want candy. Candy on the beach, there’s nothing better. But I like candy when it’s wrapped in a sweater.” — Bow Wow Wow, I Want Candy
16. “The candy man is here, what kind of candy do you want?” — Sammy Davis Jr., The Candy Man
17. “”Ah sugar, ah honey, honey. You are my candy girl, and you’ve got me wanting you.” — The Archies, Sugar Sugar
18. “Like sugar to my heart, I’m craving for you. I’m missing you like candy.” — Mandy Moore, Candy
Funny candy quotes and sayings
19. “A bad day eating candy is better than a good day eating salad.” ― Unknown
20. “Candy is life’s way of making up for Mondays.” ― Unknown
21. “I don’t care what the problem is. Candy is always the answer.” ― Unknown
22. “Whoever thought a tiny candy bar should be called fun size was a moron.” ― Glenn Beck
23. “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.” ― Ogden Nash
24. “All I really need is love, but a little candy now and then doesn’t hurt!” ― Charles Schulz
25. “You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans. ” ― Ronald Reagan
26. “Sometimes I think that the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want.” ― Ryan Gosling
27. “A lot of people like lollipops. I don’t like lollipops. To me, a lollipop is hard candy plus garbage. I don’t need a handle. Just give me the candy.” ― Demetri Martin
28. “The library is like a candy store where everything is free.” ― Jamie Ford
29. “All the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911.” ― Lewis Black
Comforting and inspirational candy quotes
30. “One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.” ― Iris Murdoch
31. “Kindness is like sugar, it makes life taste a little sweeter.” — Carla Yerovi
32. “Be a rainbow lollipop in a world full of Dum Dum suckers.” ― Unknown
33. “The sweet taste of candy calms my soul.” ― Unknown
34. “Life is short. Eat candy first.” ― Unknown
35. “There’s nothing as cozy as a piece of candy and a book.” ― Betty MacDonald
36. “Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever.” ― Dylan Lauren
37. “Don’t be eye candy, be soul food.” ― Truida Genis
38. “If you take a candy bar in the short run, it gives you a burst of energy, but after a while, it just makes you fat.” ― Ben Bernanke
39. “There’s no denying that candy is comfort food, and it’s affordable.” ― Dylan Lauren
40. “Life is like candy. Sometimes it’s sweet, and sometimes it’s sour.” ― Unknown
41. “Going out into the world, I do feel like a kid in a candy store.” ― Philip Rosenthal
Sweet candy quotes about how we all love it
42. “Everybody’s got their poison, and mine is sugar.” — Derrick Rose
43. “I think people always want candy, whether you’re a kid or an adult.” ― Dylan Lauren
44. “I have candy around my bed. I just kinda like reach over and eat it and then go back to sleep, no problem.” ― Lamar Odom
45. “A lot of my fans know that I love candy. I eat candy all day.” ― Tyga
46. “Sour Patch, Swedish Fish. I love candy, man. I can’t go without candy.” ― Tyga
47. “You’re never too old to for free candy.” ― Kathy Debiec
48. “My guilty pleasure is definitely candy! Skittles are my favorite.” ― Sara Sampaio
49. “Cotton candy is the most amazing form of caramelization ever invented by man.” ― Jose Andres Puerta
50. “Candy is my fuel. Ice cream, too.” ― Jane Smiley
Candy quotes to make you smile
51. “I know I have a gigantic sweet tooth. I love candy, I love ice cream, I love anything sweet.” – Mark Schlereth
52. “I always saw candy as art.” – Dylan Lauren
53. “You know someone is your friend when they give you more than half of their candy bar.” – Liam Holland
54. “Candy bar nostalgia puts us all on the same page.” – Bee Wilson
55. “Licorice is the liver of candy.” – Michael O’Donoghue
56. “I thought Willy Wonka was brilliant. He had all kinds of candy. Who doesn’t like chocolate and candies? Everybody wanted a Gobstopper. I just think he’s brilliant.” – Martellus Bennett
57. “I love every type of candy. I love Skittles and Reeses. I love it all.” – Colton Haynes
58. “I’m never without Nerds and peanut M&M’s. I have a sweet tooth! I have an unlimited supply on hand at home, but the candy packs in my purse are not for sharing.” – Joanna Garcia
59. “I’m a huge candy fan. My favorite growing up was always Sour Belts or Sour Straws.” – Kendall Schmidt
60. “I love any kind of candy.” – Kris Allen
More Candy Quotes and Sayings
61. “’If you want to grow up to be a big, strong pea, you have to eat your candy,’ Papa Pea would say.” ― Amy Krouse Rosenthal
62. “People are like M&Ms. They come in a variety of colours, they’re hard on the outside and full of obscene yumminess on the inside.” ― Michael Makai
63. “He was like her favourite type of candy, she realized, a bit sour at first but all sweetness in the long run.” – Victoria Kahler
64. “He picked up the brown bag of candy on the table. ‘What’s your . . .’ He trailed off as he weighed the bag in his hands. ‘Didn’t I give you three pounds of candy?’” – Sarah J. Maas
65. “I want to get a vending machine, with fun-sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass.” – Mitch Hedberg
66. “You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar.” – George Carlin
67. “No candy bars unless I’ve had a low blood sugar where I’m shaky” – Mary Tyler Moore
68. “I like vending machines because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that it achieves its maximum flavour potential.” – Mitch Hedberg
69. “There’s a list of foods I can’t have in the house. […] Random little small mini candy bars, don’t even think about it.” – Richard Simmons
70. “I had teeth that stuck out so far, I used to eat other kids’ candy bars by accident.” – Rita Rudner
Which of these candy quotes is your favorite?
In a study published in 2014 in JAMA Internal Medicine, Dr. Hu and his colleagues conducted a 15-year study, which found an association between a high-sugar diet and an increased risk of dying from heart disease.
Sugar is also bad for the liver, blood pressure, and increases inflammation. Even knowing this, people continue to eat added sugar because it tastes good and it gets those reward centers going.
Of course, there are many forms of sugar, and some of it is naturally found in whole foods, like fruit and vegetables. And that sugar is good for you, which begs the question of how much of a person’s sugar consumption comes from candy.
Well, according to the US Census Bureau, the average American consumes 22 pounds of candy each year. To put this in a little perspective, a bag of fun-size Snickers is 10.59 ounces, so the average person buys and eats a little over 33 of those bags a year.
What do you think is candy a guilty treat and a wonderfully sweet way to break up your day? Or is it a health crisis wrapped in a little fun-size wrapper? Share your thoughts in the comment section below, and let us know what your favorite candy is! My daughter has a cotton candy addiction, and when I do eat the occasional piece of candy, it has to be a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Did you enjoy these candy quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
April 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST