Check out these awesome window quotes.
A window can be a structural design in a building or a metaphor for a way to access something.
While many people attribute the wheel as being one of the most influential human inventions, the window is also one of the greatest achievements in human history.
Tell us your favorite window quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these window quotes?
In our current times, windows are a very important feature of any home or structure.
They provide spaces with:
- natural light
- extra insulation
However, the how and why of humanity’s journey with windows has changed dramatically.
Primitive windows existed in ancient times.
Holes bore into walls for light.
Later on, people used wooden shutters to keep out draughts and let in light.
More traditional windows that we would recognize have been around for a long time, with evidence of their use going tracing back to Africa in Egypt.
Top 10 window quotes about life
1. “I just don’t like to lose what’s in the window.” — Bill Joy
2. “If one door is closed, break a window anyway.” — Jidenna
3. “I think sexuality is a window into someone’s soul.” — Alan Ball
4. “Unless you are unique, your opinion goes out the window.” — Dianne Wiest
5. “For me, the blank page to draw on is a window to adventure.” — Eduardo Risso
6. “Faith goes out through the window when beauty comes in at the door.” — George Edward Moore
7. “A humorous quotation is a little window on the world that gives life a comic twist.” — Gyles Brandreth
8. “I think every athlete has their window of opportunity, and you just have to jump on it.” — Hope Solo
9. “Once people get upset at one another, rational thinking goes out of the window.” — Christopher Voss
10. “In making theories, always keep a window open so that you can throw one out if necessary.” — Bela Lugosi
Inspirational window quotes for everyone
11. “A dog is a vehicle, you know; a dog is a window to Mother Nature, and that’s the closest species we have.” — Cesar Millan
12. “I look out of this window and I think this is a cosmos, this is a huge creation, this is one small corner of it.” — Morris West
13. “Just because there’s a hurricane going on around you doesn’t mean you have to open the window and look at it.” — Taylor Swift
14. “Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping tom to install your window blinds.” — John Perry Barlow
15. “I plan on working out for the first part of the day, because if I let my day get away from me, the workout is out the window!” — Laura Leighton
16. “Be ready for when your time comes, you will have that window of opportunity, so seize the moment and capitalize on it.” — Anthony Anderson
17. “When kids are young, before the age of ten, there is a critical window of opportunity when their habits and motivations can be influenced.” — Richard Attias
18. “The advice I was given was just to make sure you look out of the window occasionally. It’s something no astronaut ever gets tired of doing.” — Helen Sharman
19. “When I lament and darken over my diminishments, I accomplish nothing. It’s better to sit at the window all day, pleased to watch birds, barns, and flowers.” — Donald Hall
20. “Literature gives us a window into other people’s experiences in other places, in other times, so I thought it would be really interesting to investigate how different people had written about motherhood, and childhood.” — Natalie Merchant
Window quotes about cleaning and window traits
21. “Even the window cleaner intrigues me. It’s a very sexy environment.” — Hugh Grant
22. “I actually washed my window once, and it fell through – it was being held together by the dirt.” — Edie Falco
23. “Any device in science is a window on to nature, and each new window contributes to the breadth of our view.” — Cecil Frank Powell
24. “My dad always told me, ‘I don’t care what you do. Just aim to be the best at it. Even if it’s the world’s best window cleaner.’” — Bruce Dickinson
25. “I sit in my room at my desk, looking out the window to the yard and waiting for a plot to come to me, to rise slowly in my mind.” — Siegfried Lenz
26. “The Church cannot be content to live in its stained-glass house and throw stones through the picture window of modern culture.” — Robert McAfee Brown
27. “Despite having seen a fair amount of the world, I still love traveling – I just have an insatiable curiosity and like looking out of a window.” — Michael Palin
28. “Even Tom Sawyer had a girlfriend, and to talk about adults without talking about their sex drives is like talking about a window without glass.” — Grace Metalious
29. “You’re lucky if you can see trees out of your window and you have a square nearby, or a bar, a cornershop, a surgery. Then you’re living well.” — Richard Rogers
30. “Literature offers not just a window into the culture of diverse regions, but also the society, the politics; it’s the only place where we can keep track of ideas.” — Reza Aslan
More window quotes to ponder
31. “You see, I don’t draw from life at all, but I do look out of my window a lot.” — Quentin Blake
32. “I can’t tell you why there’s a delay, but stick your head out of the window and you’ll know why.” — Dizzy Dean
33. “I’m the guy who spends 15 minutes staring out of the window wondering what to have for lunch.” — Robert Webb
34. “A lot of people give up, but you can’t stop me. If you close the door, I’ll just jump out the window.” — Diane Warren
35. “The art of living demands that our interest in bringing forth flowers in our family life equal the interest we take in bringing them forth in our window gardens.” — Ellen Key
36. “We have an inner window through which we can see the world, and though it gets cloudy in life, it’s our job to wipe it clean and see things as they really are.” — Sebastian Koch
37. “A Hubble Space Telescope photograph of the universe evokes far more awe for creation than light streaming through a stained glass window in a cathedral.” — Michael Shermer
38. “All kingdoms look small through an airplane window – little dominions built on quicksand. But looking up from the ground, where most of us stand, they’re rather impressive.” — Steve Rushin
39. “Food is important in working out a character. How she eats is a window into her temperament. If I think she likes her food, I’ll put on a few pounds, or lose a few if she lives on her nerves.” — Maxine Peake
40. “After washing there was no place to pour the water except out of the window onto the heads of the people in the streets, which is the proper place to throw everything that is not wanted.” — Ellsworth Huntington
Window quotes about life we can relate to
41. “The clear, unmistakable sign of a bureaucrat is somebody who worries about whether he has a window.” — Herb Kelleher
42. “Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.” — George Bernard Shaw
43. “There are only three sins – causing pain, causing fear, and causing anguish. The rest is window dressing.” — Roger Caras
44. “Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them.” — Martin H. Fischer
45. “Everybody in the real world will agree – the moment a project is behind deadline, quality assurance tends to go out the window.” — Alan Cox
46. “I grew up on Chicago’s South Side in a working-poor family, so I watched everything on television. It was like my window on the world.” — Robert Zemeckis
47. “I was kind of secretly hoping one of my kids would go out and make a million bucks. So when they put me in a home, at least I’ll have a window with a view.” — Joe Biden
48. “My indifference to money and my spendthrift ways are disgraceful. You have no idea how reckless I am; how often I practically throw money out of the window.” — Robert Schumann
49. “There is no one, says another, whom fortune does not visit once in his life; but when she does not find him ready to receive her, she walks in at the door, and flies out at the window.” — Montesquieu
50. “Birth is the sudden opening of a window, through which you look out upon a stupendous prospect. For what has happened? A miracle. You have exchanged nothing for the possibility of everything.” — Willie Dixon
Windows are everywhere
When we communicate, we often talk about things or ideas “going out the window.”
Our homes and buildings would be incomplete without them.
Structurally, windows provide us with light, warmth, a breeze, and a view of the outside world.
Metaphorically, windows represent our creativity to access our dreams, thoughts, and ambitions.
In an interview, musical artist Jidenna gave advice to people seeking their dreams, encouraging them to remember that “If one door is closed, break a window anyway.”
This advice is less about causing damage to glass and more about realizing that when obstacles come up, sometimes, we have to break barriers to circumvent them.
Wood and stone are stronger than most glass windows; similarly, some barriers are harder to break through than others.
Jidenna’s advice also encourages us to start with the barriers that are breakable first as we continue on our path.
Tell us your favorite window quote below in the comment section.
If you enjoyed these window quotes, please click the share button.