If you have ever had a panic attack, you know how scary it can be, and you will relate to these panic attack quotes.
A panic attack is a sudden and intense episode of anxiety that causes your body to react in fear even though there is no imminent danger.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Panic attacks are a scary thing, and here are some symptoms of a panic attack:
- Feeling disoriented
- Fast and/or irregular heartbeats
- Lightheaded and dizzy
- Tingling in the hands and arms
- Chest pain
- Feeling nauseous
- Trouble catching your breath
They often resemble heart attacks and lead to Dr. visits, but you should always seek medical help when experiencing these symptoms.
Panic Attack Quotes to Help You Know You’re Not Alone
Many people experience panic attacks, as shown in the quotes below.
They are a good reminder that you are not alone.
1. “Panic is our great enemy.” — Melody Beattie
2. “I get panic attacks in big crowds.” — Liev Schreiber
3. “I’m constantly on the verge of a panic attack.” — Camille Rowe
4. “I tend to stay with the panic. I embrace the panic.” — Larry David
5. “We have only two modes—complacency and panic.” — James R. Schlesinger
6. “When I had my first panic attack, I believed that it was a heart attack.” — James Arthur
7. “When I was immobilized by fear, I might have a panic attack. I’ve had a couple of panic attacks in my life.” — Gail Sheehy
8. “I had panic attacks during rehearsal. There were times when I really thought I wasn’t going to be able to do it.” — William Petersen
9. “I learned, by the time I was twenty, I’m not gonna die from a panic attack; you feel like you’re going to.” — Duff McKagan
10. “The panic attacks—I still have them. They started when I was around eight. They always have to do with my death.” — Patty Duke
Encouragement for Those with Panic Attack Quotes
If you experience anxiety and panic, find encouragement in the following quotes.
11. “Feelings are something you have; not something you are.” — Shannon L. Adler
12. “If you panic that’s a good way to lose. You have to stay in control.” — Ted Turner
13. “You are the one thing in this world, above all other things, that you must never give up on.” — Lili Reinhart
14. “Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man.” — Louis Nizer
15. “Take a walk outside—it will serve you far more than pacing around in your mind.” — David G. Allen
16. “He who remains calm while those around him panic probably doesn’t know what’s going on.” — Leo Buscaglia
17. “Panic causes tunnel vision. Calm acceptance of danger allows us to more easily assess the situation and see the options.” — Simon Sinek
18. “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” — David G. Allen
19. “Anything can happen; this is the very rule of this universe! The best defense against this rule is this: Don’t panic.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
20. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Niebuhr
Panic Attack Quotes & Scripture to Comfort You
Many Bible verses can bring comfort when you feel stressed, anxious, or experiencing a panic attack.
21. “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.” — Psalm 56:3
22. “Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.” — Proverbs 27:1
23. “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.” — Psalm 94:19
24. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you.” — Isaiah 26:3
25. “Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” — Matthew 6:34
26. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.” — 2 Thessalonians 3:16
27. “And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body, you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.” — Colossians 31:5
28. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” — Proverbs 3:5-6
29. “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” — Deuteronomy 31:6
30. “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing.” — Matthew 6:25
Additional Quotes for Those With Panic Attacks
Here are a few more opinions and experiences related to panic.
31. “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” — Seneca
32. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” — Oscar Wilde
33. “The rules of panic are simple. Anyone can enter. But only one person will win.” — Lauren Oliver
34. “The only refuge is in the knowledge that it has no power other than the power you give it.” — Robert Collier
35. “Panic is a sudden desertion of us, and a going over to the enemy of our imagination.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
36. “There is almost always a major blip for whatever reason, and we have learnt to expect it and not to panic.” — Peter Cundill
37. “When we panic, we instinctively turn to our own internal resources because we doubt [God].” — Charles R. Swindoll
38. “Panic is highly contagious, especially in situations when nothing is known, and everything is in flux.” — Stephen King
39. “I’m well aware that at the back of my mind, thumping quietly like a drumbeat, are the twin horrors of guilt and panic.” — Sophie Kinsella
40. “Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.” — Vannevar Bush
More Panic Attack Quotes From Those With Lived Experience
41. “In my experience, the words “now just calm down” almost inevitably have the opposite effect on the person you are speaking to.” — Elyn R. Saks
42. “I’m on a constant path of self-discovery and change. I’m trying to become a better person, a nicer person. I love therapy – it’s brilliant.” — Julia Sawalha
43. “I suffer panic attacks, anxiety attacks, seemingly random triggers that immobilize me, render me useless but simultaneously unable to explain myself.” — Jack Monroe
44. “My biggest challenge was when I had my first panic attack at 27. It’s not something you can ignore; you can’t sit around and get sucked into a rabbit hole.” — Zoya Akhtar
45. “Having people wait outside of my house sort of gives me a panic attack. I’m a believer in the concept that people should not be followed and photographed everywhere.” — Nikki Reed
Some final quotes about panic attacks
46. “A lot of people like to judge you and make fun of you on the Internet, and people make you feel crazy whenever you’re in a depression or having anxiety or having a panic attack.” — Noah Cyrus
47. “Sometimes I panic to the point where I don’t know what I’m thinking or doing. I have a full anxiety attack.” — Dakota Johnson
48. “During a panic attack, I remember that today is just today, and that is all that it is. I take a deep breath in, and I realize that in this moment, I am fine and everything is okay.” — Max Greenfield
49. “I also started suffering from panic attacks. I used to get them when I was really young, but they came back.” — Tulisa
50. “Well, unless you’ve suffered from panic attacks and social anxiety disorders, which is what I was diagnosed as having, it’s hard to explain it. But you go on stage knowing you’re actually physically going to die.” — Donny Osmond
Are There Ways to Help Prevent Panic Attacks?
While you may struggle with panic attacks, there are some things you can do to lessen the chance of experiencing panic attacks:
- Manage stress and anxiety by practicing regular exercise
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Practice breathing exercises
- Join a support group
Share these panic attack quotes with your friends and family, especially the ones that help you most with panic attacks, in the comment section below.