If you love a mouth-watering hamburger, these quotes are for you!
The beloved hamburger has been a staple of American cuisine for over a century, and it’s not surprising because burgers are delicious, customizable, and easy to make.
Let us know your favorite hamburger quote in the comment section below.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Below we’ve compiled the best hamburger quotes from famous chefs, food critics, actors, musicians, and more.
Why Read Hamburger Quotes?
Nothing screams “American cuisine” like a juicy hamburger nestled between two soft buns and topped with your favorite condiments.
Reading hamburger quotes gives you insight into why burgers are so loved and how other people like to enjoy their burgers.
There are countless variations on the classic burger, from the simple cheeseburger to gourmet creations with exotic toppings.
Some fun facts about hamburgers include:
- Americans consume approximately 50 billion burgers a year
- McDonald’s has sold over 300 billion hamburgers worldwide
- The world’s largest hamburger weighed over 3,000 pounds and was cooked in California in 2001
- The first fast-food chain to popularize the hamburger was White Castle, which opened in 1921
Enjoy these hamburger quotes that capture what makes hamburgers so great, from their simplicity to versatility!
Love of Burgers Quotes
These hamburger quotes show how much people love a burger, both with and without cheese.
1. “I never met a burger I didn’t like.” — Kid Rock
2. “A good burger can make you happy.” — Neil Strauss
3. “I have a love affair with cheeseburgers.” — Chrissy Teigen
4. “A cheeseburger is a moment of perfection.” — David Chang
5. “I prefer a nice, juicy cheeseburger, to be honest.” — Hillary Clinton
6. “I’d rather have a burger and fries than a filet mignon.” — Paul Walker
7. “A great burger is always better than a mediocre steak.” — Anthony Bourdain
8. “I could live on burgers. Hamburgers are just the perfect food.” — Michael Symon
9. “There’s nothing like a good hamburger grilled on an open flame.” — Dan Rather
10. “There’s nothing like a juicy hamburger after a long day at the office.” — Tom DeLay
Quotes on Burgers Being Classic American Food
Here are hamburger quotes about how burgers represent classic Americana.
11. “A burger is a symbol of America.” — Joe Bastianich
12. “A hamburger is the all-time great American dish.” — James Beard
13. “You can’t have a great party without great burgers.” — Adam Richman
14. “The hamburger is the icon of the American food industry.” — Jim Cantalupo
15. “I love a good burger joint. Nothing beats a good burger and fries.” — Paul Rudd
16. “You can’t have a decent food culture without a decent burger.” — Anthony Bourdain
17. “Hamburgers are not a fast food; they are a cornerstone of modern civilization.” — Tom Robbins
18. “If you want to make an American classic, you have to start with a great hamburger.” — Mario Batali
19. “The hamburger is a quintessentially American food, and the story of the hamburger is the story of America itself.” — Josh Ozersky
20. “A hamburger is warm and fragrant and juicy. A hamburger is soft and non—threatening. It personifies the Great Mother herself.” — Tom Robbins
Hamburger Quotes on The Best Way To Eat a Burger
These hamburger quotes reflect people’s favorite ways to eat a burger.
21. “In-N-Out makes me happy. I like how it’s served.” — Kristen Bell
22. “When it comes to burgers, simplicity is the key.” — Gordon Ramsay
23. “When it comes to burgers, I’m kind of a purist.” — Emeril Lagasse
24. “A burger is best eaten with a cold beer and good friends.” — Guy Fieri
25. “A burger is good only in the proportion that it is eaten rare.” — H. L. Mencken
26. “I like my burgers like I like my boys: meaty, saucy, and cheesy.” — Rebel Wilson
27. “I think the secret to a good burger is always starting with the best meat possible.” — Michael Symon
28. “I don’t really like fast food, except for the occasional In-N-Out Burger.” — Jennifer Love Hewitt
29. “I don’t think a really good burger is just about the ingredients. It’s about everything that goes into it, including the way it’s cooked.” — Bobby Flay
30. “The best burger I’ve ever had is at a place called Louis’ Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut. It’s a tiny little shack, and they’ve been making the same burger since 1895.” — Dan Barber
Hamburger Quotes About Why Burgers Are So Great
These hamburger quotes illustrate the amazingness that is hamburgers.
31. “A great burger is like a work of art.” — Bobby Flay
32. “A hamburger is a thing of beauty.” — Louisa May Alcott
33. You can never go wrong with a good burger.” — Anthony Joshua
34. “A hamburger by any other name smells just as delicious.” — Julia Child
35. “I’d rather be at home and eat a burger than go out and get wasted.” — Adam Levine
36. “A burger is like a blank canvas, you can put anything you want on it.” — Daniel Boulud
37. “There’s nothing like a good burger. The simplicity of it is its greatest strength.” — Mark Bittman
38. “Burgers are the ultimate comfort food. Bite into a juicy burger and you instantly feel happy — David Chang
39. “I have a really good metabolism, so I don’t have to worry about burgers and fries too much.” — Dylan O’Brien
40. “A burger is something that just about everyone can agree on. It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it brings people together.” — Alton Brown
More Hamburger Quotes
Below are more great burger quotes with varying themes.
41. “If you want to eat a hamburger, eat a damn hamburger!” — Tony Abbott
42. “The best burger in the world is the one you like the most.” — Bill Murray
43. “A hamburger by any other name smells just as delicious.” — Julia Child
44. “I know what I’m having for lunch, a McDonald’s hamburger.” — Mark McKinney
45. “I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.” — J. Wellington Wimpy (Popeye)
46. “I’m not sure what the question is, but I know the answer is hamburgers.” — Jim Gaffigan
47. “My favorite thing to cook is a cheeseburger. I’m really good at it.” — Neil Patrick Harris
48. “I’m a pretty uncomplicated person. I’m like, ‘Let’s go have a burger.” — Jennifer Lawrence
49. “I love a good burger, but I’m always looking for ways to make it healthier.” — Alison Sweeney
50. “A hamburger is a sandwich which is not a sandwich, in the same way that a French fry is not French, and a Dutch oven is not Dutch.” — Dan Pashman
Where Did Hamburgers Come From?
The origin of hamburgers is disputed among experts, but it’s believed that they have German roots.
The name “hamburger” comes from the German city of Hamburg, where a similar dish called “Frikadelle” or “Bulette” was popular.
However, in the late 19th century, the first actual hamburgers appeared in the United States.
Some historians believe that the hamburger was invented by German immigrants who brought over the idea of a meat patty.
Others credit the hamburger to Seymour, Wisconsin, where Charlie Nagreen supposedly served the first hamburger at a county fair in 1885.
Regardless of its origin, the hamburger has become an iconic American dish that has spread worldwide.
Check out these 24 hamburger recipes to try something new.
Tell us your favorite hamburger quote in the comment section.
If you like reading these, share them via social media for others to enjoy.