Take a page from Jenna Rink’s book and let your inner child’s dreams guide you to happiness with these 13 Going on 30 quotes.
13 Going on 30 is a heartwarming romantic comedy that follows the story of Jenna Rink.
Jenna is a 13-year-old girl who wishes to be 30 and wakes up in the body of her 30-year-old self, portrayed by Jennifer Garner.
After being embarrassed at her 13th birthday party when the cool kids show up only to ditch her, Jenna finds herself alone in her basement, wishing to be “thirty, flirty and thriving” instead of being a kid.
She soon discovers that her adult life is not as perfect as she had imagined.
She works for a successful fashion magazine but has lost touch with her childhood friend Matt, played by Mark Ruffalo.
Throughout the film, Jenna is confronted with the life she thought she wanted as a child, only to realize that being one of the cool girls has meant compromising who she really is just to fit in and succeed.
Jenna goes on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to navigate her new life and make amends with those she’s hurt along the way.
This charming and feel-good film explores the idea that being a kid at heart is more important than conforming to the expectations of adulthood.
Enjoy this collection of quotes from 13 Going on 30!
Short 13 Going on 30 Quotes
Here are the best short quotes from 13 Going on 30!
1. “Thirty, flirty and thriving!” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
2. “Everybody Wang Chung tonight!” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
3. “I don’t want to be original, Matty, I want to be cool!” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
4. “Can you tell I’m wearing underwear, ‘cause I totally am.” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
5. Richard: “Who’s your daddy?”
Jenna: “Wayne Rink.” — 13 Going on 30
13 Going on 30 Quotes About Jenna and Matt’s Relationship
Central to the story is the relationship between childhood best friends Jenna and Matt, who have fallen out of touch as adults.
These quotes show the struggle and love between them as they try to repair their relationship.
6. Jenna: “I love you, Matt. You’re my best friend.”
Matt: “Jenna… I’ve always loved you.” — 13 Going on 30
7. Jenna: “I want a fluffy pillow!”
Matt: “A fluffy pillow, coming right up.” — 13 Going on 30
8. Matt: “You can’t just turn back time.”
Jenna: “Why not?”
Matt: “I moved on. You moved on.” — 13 Going on 30
9. Jenna: “You want to know a secret?”
Jenna: “You’re the sweetest guy I’ve ever known.” — 13 Going on 30
10. “Matt, stop being so nice to me. I don’t deserve it. Do you know what kind of person I am now? I mean – do you know who I am right now? I don’t have any real friends. I did something bad with a married guy. I don’t talk to my mom and dad. I’m not a nice person. And the thing is – I’m not 13 anymore.” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
Fish Out of Water Quotes from Jenna
It takes Jenna a while to adjust to her new grown-up life.
Read on for 13 Going on 30 quotes in which Jenna grapples with being a fish out of water.
11. “Can you hear that, sir? Can you hear the music?” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
12. “Jenna girl, Margaritas anytime. Love you, Madonna.’ I’m friends with Madonna?” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
13. Lucy: “Okay, Jenna, repeat after me: I am Jenna Rink, big-time magazine editor.”
Jenna: “I am?” — 13 Going on 30
14. “See, that’s just it. Something really strange is happening. I slept in an apartment I’ve never seen before… and there was a naked man in my shower, and I saw his thingy.” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
15. Alex: “Hey, beautiful!”
Jenna: “He thinks I’m beautiful?”
Lucy: “Well, he should. He’s your boyfriend.” — 13 Going on 30
Sassy 13 Going on 30 Quotes
There is no shortage of sassy exchanges in 13 Going on 30!
16. “Jenna, if you’re gonna start lying about your age, I’d go with 27.” — Lucy, 13 Going on 30
17. “Are you high? You been smoking pot? Doing X? Fallen into a K-Hole? You doing drugs?” — Matt, 13 Going on 30
18. “You know what? You are rude and mean, and sloppy, and frizzy. And I don’t like you at all.” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
19. “My God, are things so bad you had to come to our party to eat free food? Put some crab in your purse for later.” —Lucy, 13 Going on 30
20. Young Jenna: “I don’t want to be beautiful in my own way. I want to look like these people.”
Beverly: “Oh, those aren’t people, honey, those are models.” — 13 Going on 30
13 Going on 30 Quotes to Make You Laugh
This thoughtful film is also full of funny moments.
Enjoy these funny quotes from 13 Going on 30.
21. “I’ll have a Pina Colada, not virgin. Do you wanna see my ID? Totally have it!” — Jenna, 13 Going on 30
22. “It doesn’t matter what Lucy said. I stopped trusting her after she stole my Pop Rocks in the third grade.” — Matt, 13 Going on 30
23. Jenna: “Hey! You got arm hair!”
Matt: “Never got quite that reaction before.” — 13 Going on 30
24. Becky: “I like your dress.”
Jenna: “That’s because I have these incredible boobs to fill it out!” — 13 Going on 30
25. Pete: “What’s wrong, Pookie?”
Jenna: “Pookie? Uh… Pukie! You’re married and to a girl I work with!” — 13 Going on 30
Making Your Own Happy Ending
Jenna gets the unique chance to live the adult life she thought she wanted when she was 13, only to realize that wasn’t the right path for her.
It’s through losing relationships she took for granted that she discovers what’s really important to her and where her heart lies.
13 Going on 30 is more than just an entertaining film; it’s also a gentle reminder to us all to stop every once in a while to take stock of what’s really important to us.
Then, to take the time to nurture and care for those things.
If we listen and let our inner child guide us, we can build our own happy endings.
Please let us know your favorite 13 Going on 30 quotes in the comment section!
We would love to hear from you.