Whether we’ve had them in our lives since childhood or we formed a bond with another adult that can never be broken, a best friend is something that everyone needs in life. Your ride or die bud.
While we have a lot of people in our lives, including our spouses, family members, and children among others, there is nothing quite as unique as the relationship we have with our best friend.
There is an unspoken bond with the person who knows us better than anyone in the world.
The one you call on the phone at 3AM during a crisis; someone who knows what we are thinking before we say it; the only person who really, truly, ‘gets’ us.
Best friends hold a special place in our hearts. Thus, they should be celebrated.
So with that in mind, here is a list of wonderful best friend quotes that does just that.
Best Friend Quotes For Him and Her
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when they would rather be someplace else.” – Len Wein
3. “A true friend sees the good in everything, and brings out the best in the worst of things.” – Sasha Azevedo
4. “Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.” – Anon
5. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
6. “Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly.” – Author Unknown
7. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
8. “Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life.” – Anon
10. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” – Robert Brault
Famous Best Friend Quotes To Warm Your Heart
11. “Everyone has a ‘best friend’ during each stage of life, but only a precious few have the same one.” – Anonymous
12. “True love is finding your soul mate in your best friend.” – Faye Hall
13. “If you’re alone, I’ll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I’ll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I’ll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I’ll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I’ll just be me.” – Author Unknown
14. “A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Anonymous
15. “That was what a best friend did: hold up a mirror and show you your heart.” – Kristin Hannah
16. “The road to a friend’s house is never long.” – Danish Proverb
17. “When it hurts to look back, and you’re scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.” – Anonymous
18. “Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.” – Ed Cunningham
19. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
20. “No friendship is an accident.” – O. Henry, ‘Heart of the West’
Also read these funny laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
More Heartwarming Best Friend Quotes
21. “A friend is someone who knows all about you, and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
22. “A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults.” – Charles Kingsley
23. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
24. “The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.” – Barbara Kingsolver
25. “Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.” – Unknown
26. “A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying ‘boy was that fun.’” – Kate Angell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of boyfriend quotes that will give you butterflies.
27. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” – Donna Roberts
28. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” – Henry David Thoreau
29. “Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.” – Jennie Jerome Churchill
30. “Dear George: Remember no man is a failure who has friends.” – It’s a Wonderful Life
Funny best friend quotes for your favorite friends
31. “A true friend never gets in your way, unless you happen to be going down” – Arnold H. Glasow
32. “Some people only get called by their nicknames. Usually it sounds weird to even say their real name.” – Anon
33. “A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday.” – Erma Bombeck
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of funny birthday quotes sure to make you smile.
34. “You’re the friend I’d feel the worst about killing in a post apocalyptic death match for food.” – Unknown
35. “The holy passion of friendship is so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.” – Mark Twain
36. “Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice.” – Otto von Bismarck
37. “Dear Diamond, we all know who is really a girl’s best friend. Sincerely yours, Chocolate Cake.” – Unknown
38. “The best time to make friends is before you need them.” – Ether Barrymore
39. “Friends: people who borrow my books and set wet glasses on them.” – Edwin Arlington Robinson
40. “Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Best friends forever quotes to make them feel special
41. “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – C.S. Lewis
42. “That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do.” – R.J.L.
43. “That was the thing about best friends. Like sisters and mothers, they could piss you off and make you cry and break your heart, but in the end, when the chips were down, they were there, making you laugh even in your darkest hours.” – Kristin Hannah
44. “A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.” – Grace Pulpit
45. “Long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.”- Helen Keller
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of memory quotes that will help remind you how far you’ve come and motivate you to keep moving forward.
46. “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
47. “Our Friendship is a Never Ending Relationship sailing on the waves of trust, Holding Itself against the strong wind, and Reaching Ashore Heaven.” – Anon
48. “You can’t describe your best friends in words. You can describe them with memories that you had with them.” – Saurabh Saini
49. “Best friends can turn a horrible day into one of the best days of your life.” – Nathanael Richmond
50. “The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend.” ― Stephen Richards
Cute best friend quotes
51. “My friends are all really nice about my fame, they’re just curious really, they ask lots of questions.” –Emma Watson
52. “Your experiences will be yours alone. But truth and best friendship will rarely if ever disappoint you.” – Anne Lamott
53. “A friend is an emotional bond, just like friendship is a human experience.” – Simon Sinek
54. “A best friend is like a star. Even though you can’t always see them, you always know that they are there.” – Anon
55. “Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives.” – Alexander Dumas
56. “There’s something about childhood friends that you just can’t replace.”-Lisa Whelchel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
57. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”-Albert Camus
58. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
59. “A true friend is someone who never gets tired of listening to your pointless dramas over and over again.”
– Lauren Conrad
60. “I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends.”- Pamela Daranjo
Best friend quotes that will make your day
61. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”– Walter Winchell
62. “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”– Winnie the Pooh
63. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.”– Leo Buscaglia
64. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”– Arnold H. Glasgow
65. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.”– George Santayana
66. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”
– Woodrow T. Wilson
67. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”– Elisabeth Foley
68. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. “– Linda Grayson
69. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”– Tennessee Williams
70. “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”– Brandi Snyder
Best friend quotes to inspire you
71. “The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
72. “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” – Mencius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sibling quotes to cherish your BFF by blood!
73. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
74. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” – Lois Wyse
75. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
76. “Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship.” – Epicurus
77. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
78. “Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf
79. “Life isn’t about having a thousand friends, it’s about finding the very few right ones you need.” — A.R. Asher
80. “There are no rules for friendship. It must be left to itself. We cannot force it any more than love.” – William Hazlitt
81. “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
82. “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” – Unknown
83. “Friendship is all about trusting each other, helping each other, loving each other and being crazy together.” ― O. Henry
84. “One good friendship will outlive forty average loves.” – Unknown
85. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled.” – Ally Condie
Best friend quotes celebrating a special bond
86. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
87. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” –Euripides
88. “Only a true friend would be that truly honest.” — Shrek
89. “Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil.” – Baltasar Gracian
90. “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” ― Nicole Richie
91. “Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.” – George Washington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our George Washington quotes from America’s first president.
92. “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”– Unknown
93. “Never let your best friends get lonely…keep disturbing them.” – Candlelight Publications
94. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
95. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.”– Marlene Dietrich
Other beautiful best friend quotes
96. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
97. “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” – Proverbs 27:9
98. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
99. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
100. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”– Bernard Meltzer
101. “Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” — Eustache Deschamps
102. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” – Unknown
103. “Best friend: the one that you can be mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.” – Unknown
104. “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares.” – Henri Nouwen
105. “In my friend, I find a second self.” – Isabel Norton
To whom will you share these best friend quotes with?
I hope these best friend quotes warmed your heart and reminded you of your own best friend. If they did, please share this with those friends you hold dearest to you. Let them know you were thinking of them.
A best friend is a special gift. If we are lucky enough to have just one person like that in our life, we are wealthy beyond words.