Looking for inspirational Serena Williams quotes that will help you rise up and chase your dreams?
We’ve prepared a list of powerful Serena Williams quotes to inspire you to win and achieve success in your life.
Serena Williams is one of the most decorated female tennis players in the history of the sport. She has won 23 singles Grand Slam tournament titles, four Olympic gold medals and made the ‘Forbes’ list of ‘100 Highest Paid Athletes’ twice. Besides, she’s won the ‘Laureus Sportswoman of The Year’ award three times and was named the ‘Sportsperson of The Year’ in 2015 by ‘Sports Illustrated Magazine’.
Even with younger talent coming through, Williams still remains at the top. Her run to the 2018 Wimbledon final has shown that she can still compete at the highest level. Coming just 10 months after giving birth to her daughter, it proved what an incredible competitor she is.
In that regard, here are some thought-provoking and inspiring Serena Williams quotes and sayings that will give you the strength to rise up and pursue your dreams.
Serena Williams Quotes about Winning and Success
1. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.” – Serena Williams
2. “I just hate to lose. When I am on the court, it is like my life depends on it.” – Serena Williams
3. “I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see my self in the top.” – Serena Williams
4. “Is greatness winning? Is it losing? Is it recovery? It’s all of them, plus being good to yourself.” – Serena Williams
5. “You have to be fearless to have success.” – Serena Williams
6. “It doesn’t matter what your background is or where you come from, if you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.” – Serena Williams
7. “If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.” – Serena Williams
8. “Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you’ve ever had.” – Serena Williams
9. “I’m just about winning.” – Serena Williams
Uplifting Serena Williams Quotes on Love, Life, and Family
10. “Family’s first, and that’s what matters most. We realize that our love goes deeper than the tennis game.” – Serena Williams
11. “I think you have to love yourself before you fall in love. I’m still learning to love myself.” – Serena Williams
12. “I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.” – Serena Williams
13. “My story isn’t over… This is just a new part of my life. My baby is going to be in the stands – hopefully cheering for me and not crying too much!” – Serena Williams
14. “I’m thankful to my family, friends, and fans for all of their support.” – Serena Williams
15. “Your legacy is what you did with your life.” – Serena Williams
Serena Williams Quotes on Women and Power
16. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
17. “I love how I look. I’m a full woman and I’m strong, and I’m powerful, and I’m beautiful at the same time.” – Serena Williams
18. “If anything, this pregnancy has given me a new power. I think I’ve had a love-hate relationship with the idea of power…Not only me, but women in general sometimes feel that ‘power’ is a bad word.” – Serena Williams
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of pregnancy quotes celebrating the pregnancy process.
19. “I’m not a size two. It’s okay to look strong and to be sexy and to be a woman and to be unbreakable – all those things.” – Serena Williams
20. “I want to be a giving woman and just a nice person in general.” – Serena Williams
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of international Women’s Day quotes celebrating womanhood.
21. “Too often women are not supported enough or are discouraged from choosing their path. I hope together we can change that.” – Serena Williams
22. “My hope by winning this award is that I can inspire many, many, many more women” – Serena Williams
Serena Williams Quotes on Dreams & Never Giving Up
23. “Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.” – Serena Williams
24. “I just never give up, I fight to the end.” – Serena Williams
25. “You just can’t go out and say, ‘I want a bag of never-say-die spirit.’ It’s for sale. It has to be innate.” – Serena Williams
26. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.” – Serena Williams
27. “I’ve always been a fighter and I’ve always fought through things my whole life.” – Serena Williams
28. “If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.” – Serena Williams
Serena Williams Quotes on Happiness and Being Yourself
29. “I am who I am, I love who I am.” – Serena Williams
30. “My smile is my favorite part of my body. I think a smile can make your whole body.” – Serena Williams
31. “I’ve hard to learn to fight all my life – got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile, things will work out.” – Serena Williams
32. “You can be whatever size you are, and you can be beautiful both inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful and what’s not, and that’s not right.” – Serena Williams
33. “I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn’t easy – it took me a while.” – Serena Williams
34. “For me, it was a question of resilience. What others marked as flaws or disadvantages about myself – my race, my gender – I embraced as fuel for my success. I never let anything or anyone define me or my potential. I controlled my future.” – Serena Williams
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of black women quotes for a boost of inspiration.
Serena Williams quotes to elevate your mind
35. “You just have to prove to yourself that you can go out there and be the best that you can be and not prove anything to anyone.” – Serena Williams
36. “If Plan A isn’t working, I have Plan B, Plan C, and even Plan D.” – Serena Williams
37. “Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.” – Serena Williams
38. “When you lose you get up, you make it better, you try again.” – Serena Williams
39. “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.” – Serena Williams
40. “Don’t let anybody work harder than you do.” – Serena Williams
41. “Am I the greatest? I don’t know. I’m the greatest that I can be.”– Serena Williams
42. “Being lucky takes hard work” – Serena Williams
43. “If you can keep playing tennis when somebody is shooting a gun down the street, that’s concentration.” – Serena Williams
44. “Everything comes at a cost. Just what are you willing to pay for it?” – Serena Williams
45. “I was really happy to get this far. For all the moms out there, I was playing for you today” – Serena Williams
46. “It’s obviously disappointing, but I can’t be disappointed. I have so much to look forward to. I’m literally just getting started.” – Serena Williams
47. “When you’re playing the best player in the world, you’ve got to play well.” – Serena Williams
48. “I feel like I’m really young and I’m only thinking about my career and continuing playing.” – Serena Williams
49. “I don’t have anything to prove ever, ever in my life. If I have something to prove, what does that mean for everyone else? And I think everyone should have that attitude.” – Serena Williams
50. “I was just tired of losing… Life was passing me by.” – Serena Williams
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership.
Other motivational Serena Williams quotes
51. “Hold serve, Hold serve, Hold serve. Focus, Focus, Focus. Be confident, Be confident, Be confident. Hold serve. Hold, Hold, Hold. Move Up, Attack, Kill. Smile. Hold!!!” – Serena Williams
52. “A champion is not defined by their wins but how they recover when they fall.” – Serena Williams
53. “A champion isn’t about how much they win, it’s about how they recover from their downs.” – Serena Williams
54. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks.” – Serena Williams
55. “I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.” – Serena Williams
56. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” – Serena Williams
57. “I’m a real extrovert, but when I’m around someone new, I’m super shy.” – Serena Williams
58. “Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.” – Serena Williams
59. “Tennis just a game, family is forever.” – Serena Williams
60. “I’m really exciting. I smile a lot, I win a lot, and I’m really sexy.” – Serena Williams
Did You Enjoy These Serena Williams Quotes?
Serena Williams’ inspiring achievements prove that nothing is really impossible. In addition to being a tennis champion, she started her own foundation and designs her own clothing line.
Williams is an incredible success and an inspiration to all of us. Whether you’re a struggling sportsperson or a thriving entrepreneur, these Serena Williams quotes have hopefully inspired you to become the best you can be.
Did you enjoy these Serena Williams quotes? What other quotes from this tennis icon would you like to share with us? Tell us in the comment section below.
March 10, 2021 6:00 AM EST