The abortion quotes below will inform you of the thoughts and opinions behind the views of each side.
Abortion has become a political issue that has divided the world for decades.
Tell us which abortion quote resonated with you the most in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these abortion quotes?
Abortion has been practiced since the olden times.
However, most of the procedures then involved non-surgical yet heavy physical activities like paddling, weightlifting, climbing, and so forth
Today, abortion is actively happening worldwide, regardless of its legality, safety, and availability.
And while the commitment and efforts to reduce the need for abortion through education and contraception continue, people are still at odds about this issue.
These abortion quotes might help:
- you read information from the opposing side in a safe space
- gain a new perspective from someone whose opinion differs from yours
- better understand what leads women and medical providers to arrive at this choice
What is your opinion on abortion? Which side are you on?
Pro-choice activists believe that access to abortion is important for the safety of millions of women.
They believe that legal abortion is a right and that women should be able to choose which decision is right for them.
However, pro-life activists strongly condemn abortion.
They believe it should be illegal and must be a criminal offense because it involves ending a human life.
No matter which side you are on, the below quotes will shed some light on the mindset of each side.
Below are thought-provoking abortion quotes from prominent figures on both sides that are bound to start a conversation.
We also have a collection of comforting quotes about miscarriage for those who have been through it.
Don’t forget to read those.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Abortion quotes from pro-life activists
1. “I’m pro-life. I believe in life at conception.” – Darryl Glenn
2. “Pro-life includes improving life after birth.” – Mike Huckabee
3. “Life is a civil right. Abortion is a civil wrong.” ― Alveda C. King
4. “I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan (see more Ronald Reagan quotes)
5. “Stopping abortion is the most important human rights cause on earth.” – Chris Smith
6. “I’m a pro-life candidate because I believe that science is proving us right every day.” – Carly Fiorina
7. “We really need to get over this love affair with the fetus and start worrying about children.” – Joycelyn Elders
8. “I’m proud of the fact that the Republican Party is the pro-life party on the issue of life.” – Marco Rubio
9. “It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.”- Mother Teresa
10. “Let me be clear: since I am pro-life, I do not support the mission of Planned Parenthood.” – Karen Handel
You will also enjoy our article on miscarriage quotes.
Abortion quotes from pro-choice activists
11. “I am pro-life, but because life is complicated, that choice is between a woman and her idea of a higher power.” – Meghan McCain
12. “We’re always going to argue about abortion. It’s a hard choice, and it’s controversial, and that’s why I’m pro-choice because I want people to make their own choices.” – Hillary Clinton
13. “On behalf of NARAL Pro-Choice America – and our one million member activists – I am honored to be here to talk to you about what’s at stake for women in 2012. I am proud to say that the Democratic Party believes that women have the right to choose a safe, legal abortion with dignity and privacy.” – Nancy Keenan
14. “As a member of the House Pro-Choice Caucus and a strong defender of a woman’s right to choose, my bottom line here is this: women have a constitutional right to access abortion.” – Seth Moulton
15. “If we lived in a culture that valued women’s autonomy and in which men and women practiced cooperative birth control, the abortion issue would be moot.” – Christiane Northrup
16. “If the right to privacy means anything, it is the right of the individual, married or single, to be free from unwanted government intrusion into matters so fundamentally affecting a person as the decision to bear or beget a child.” – William Brennan
17. “I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family, and not entrusting that decision to anyone wearing the authority of government in any regard.” – Hillary Clinton
18. “No woman can call herself free who does not control her own body.” – Margaret Sanger
19. “The emphasis must be not on the right to abortion but on the right to privacy and reproductive control.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
20. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” – Kamala Harris
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of my body, my choice quotes from different perspectives.
More thought-provoking abortion quotes
21. “Abortion is not the lesser of two evils. Abortion is pro-family, pro-life, moral, and good. For many millions of women, abortion has meant getting on with their lives and continuing to meet their responsibilities to themselves, their families, and society.” – Patricia W. Lenneborg
21. “If we are going to change this country’s laws, we need to have pro-life members of both parties.” – Dan Lipinski
22. “I think abortion is something you’re supposed to do before you get pregnant.” – Dmitry Dyatlov
23. “To be unwanted is not to be unworthy, is not to be worthless. Because unwanted, the unborn child does not deserve death.” – Paul Marx
24. “The abortion debate is more about power and control than the fate of a zygote.” ― Thor Benson
25. “Anti-abortion activists often make exceptions for rape and incest, which suggests that it is her desire for sex for which a woman must pay with her pain.” ― Naomi Klein
You will also enjoy our article on Roe v Wade quotes.
Abortion Quotes For The Guilty Act
26. “Abortion is an atrocity. Those who practice or praise it are either damn idiots, misguided fools, or treacherous devils.” — Christopher Titus
27. “In short, I’m not sure that the abortion problem can be solved by legislation. I think it can only be solved through moral persuasion.” — Tony Campolo
28. “Abortion is an act of desperation. It’s an awful solution to a situation that God can work out for good through adoption.” — Bob Carlisle
29. “Abortion should be listed as a weapon of mass destruction against the voiceless.” — E.A. Bucchianeri
30. “I believe every abortion is a tragedy.” — Diane Abbott
31. “If they are opposed to abortion, they should be for preventing unintended pregnancies.” — Louise Slaughter
32. “No woman has an abortion for fun.” — Elizabeth Joan Smith
33. “Abortion is the ultimate violence.” — Robert Casey
34. “Abortion may bury our children, but it can never bury their memory.” — Shadia Hrichi
35. “Abortions will not let you forget. You remember the children you got that you did not get.” — Gwendolyn Brooks
What do you think about these abortion quotes?
What is your view on women’s rights?
If you’d like more quotes about government regulation, check out these Ban Quotes.
In the discussion surrounding abortion, finding a “right” answer can be next to impossible.
It completely depends on what you believe is right.
No matter how abortion rights progress in the future, the discourse surrounding the topic will remain conflicting.
It is important to continue discussing abortion rights and women’s rights.
Remain open to hearing out each viewpoint and do your best to avoid judgment.
How do you feel about abortion rights?
Here are some important abortion facts if you want to learn more about it.
Which one of these abortion quotes do you feel most strongly about?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.