International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8th of every year. At Everyday Power, we have curated dozens of Women’s Day quotes to provide women and girls with a source of overflowing inspiration.
Who is a woman you are inspired by?
International Women’s Day is celebrated globally to honor the many achievements of women worldwide while making strides towards a brighter future. The theme for 2020’s event is #EachforEqual, which strives to make a society based on equality a reality.
The quotes featured below showcase the wise words of many prominent women, from poets to scientists, as well as male allies. They cover a variety of topics, including finding your voice and the power of feminism.
Check out the motivational Women’s Day quotes featured below!
Don’t forget to also read these inspiring women empowerment quotes to help you succeed in life.
Empowering Women’s Day quotes
1. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” – Ntozake Shange
2. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
3. “Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress.” – Kiera Cass
4. “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” – Rupi Kaur
5. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” – Lalah Deliah
6. “She’s everything; even when she’s treated like nothing.” – R.H. Sin
7. “If you are always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
8. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Cher
10. “After all those years as a woman hearing, ‘not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough,’ almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought, ‘I am enough.’” – Anna Quindlen
11. “I am tired of living in a world where women are mostly referred to as a man’s past, present, or future, property, or possession. I…do not belong to anyone but myself and neither do you.” – Ariana Grande
12. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce
13. “You need to find the power within to make things happen for yourself. When you realize this, you are unstoppable.” – Christina Aguilera
14. “The future of our world is only as bright as the future of our girls.” – Michelle Obama
15. “A girl should be two things: Who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
16. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
Also check out these Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership
Women’s Day quotes about feminism
17. “Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality.” – Emma Watson
18. “Feminism is just saying give me opportunities without judging me for the decisions that I make, the same freedom that men have enjoyed for so many centuries.” – Priyanka Chopra
19. “Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It’s about making life more fair for women everywhere. It’s not about a piece of the existing pie; there are too many of us for that. It’s about baking a new pie.” – Gloria Steinem
20. “There’s many women now who think, ‘Surely we don’t need feminism anymore, we’re all liberated and society’s accepting us as we are’. Which is just hogwash. It’s not true at all.” – Yoko Ono
21. “We need a feminism that is not negligent of women of color, trans women, queer women. We need a feminism that protects all women. Globally.” – Halsey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Halsey quotes to motivate you to be yourself.
22. “Feminism is dated? Yes, for privileged women like my daughter and all of us here today, but not for most of our sisters in the rest of the world who are still forced into premature marriage, prostitution, forced labor – they have children that they don’t want or they cannot feed.” – Isabel Allende
23. “Feminism is the ability to choose what you want to do.” – Nancy Reagan
24. “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else. It’s equality, it’s fairness, and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of.” – Zendaya
25. “Feminism is not only for women It’s something everyone can participate in, and evolve together, as the first step in the right direction. I see feminism as a tool to achieve that balance and peace.” – Ani DiFranco
26. “I think feminism means what it has always meant – women want to use all their gifts, all their talents and be judged impartially for them. I don’t think feminism has ever meant anything else.” – Erica Jong
27. “There’s just as many different kinds of feminism as there are women in the world.” – Kathleen Hanna
28. “Feminism is being broken open, to welcome more people than just white women of a certain class.” – Phoebe Robinson
29. “Feminism is for all women and girls, not a privileged few or one ethnicity, religion, age, sexual preference, ability, region or hemisphere.” – Robin Morgan
Women’s Day quotes about strength
30. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
31. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
32. “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” – Colette Werden
33. “A woman is like a tea bag: You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “Isn’t it interesting how a barrier seems insurmountable — until it comes down?” – Barbra Streisand
35. “Women hold up half the sky.” – Mao Zedong
36. “Yes, she knows pain, but she is strength. Her heart knows no other way.” – A.R. Asher
37. “The world needs strong women who will lift and build others. Who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce; women of indomitable will.” – Amy Tenney
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership.
38. “She never seemed shattered to me; she was a breathtaking mosaic of battles she’s won.” – Matt Baker
39. “You know why I do it? I do it because I want women to see that you do not get pushed around. You don’t run away from the fight.” – Nancy Pelosi (see more quotes from Nancy Pelosi)
40. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
41. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
Also check out these motivational Joan of Arc quotes about leadership, faith, and strong women.
Women’s Day quotes about finding your voice
42. “Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning.” – Maya Angelou
43. “A voice is a human gift; it should be cherished and used, to utter fully human speech as possible. Powerlessness and silence go together.” – Margaret Atwood
44. “The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.” – Neil Gaiman
45. “It’s not always easy to identify your own voice. It comes with time.” – Dick Cavett
46. “Be not scared to use your voice.” – Logic
47. “The biggest thing is to let your voice be heard, let your story be heard.” – Dwyane Wade
48. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
49. “For myself, for a long time… maybe I felt inauthentic or something, I felt like my voice wasn’t worth hearing, and I think everyone’s voice is worth hearing. So if you’ve got something to say, say it from the rooftops.” – Tom Hiddleston
50. “Do your own thing. Speak in your voice.” – Dylan Moran
When’s the last time you showed support to a loved one?
International Women’s Day is all about banding together and showing support for each other. The amazing accomplishments of women don’t just include those who are prominent Everyday women accomplish amazing things that are worth shining a spotlight on and acknowledging.
Today, reach out to a woman who inspires you and let her know that you see her. Tell her that she’s an inspiration. Send her one of the quotes from above; and tell her that it reminded you of her. Sometimes, all we need is a moment of kindness to push forward.
Is there an empowering Women’s Day quote above that you plan on sharing? Let us know your thoughts down below!
March 9, 2020 8:30 AM EST