International Women’s Day Quotes to Celebrate Womanhood
November 9, 2022 2:36 AM EST
International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8th of every year, and what better to way to honor women than with these International Women’s Day quotes?
At Everyday Power, we have curated dozens of Women’s Day quotes to provide overflowing inspiration to women and girls.
Tell us about some of the women you will celebrate this year in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading International Women’s Day quotes?
International Women’s Day is celebrated globally to honor the many achievements of women worldwide while making strides toward a brighter future.
The theme for the 2020s event is #EachforEqual, which strives to make a society based on equality a reality.
The quotes featured below showcase the wise words of many prominent women, including:
- male allies
They cover various topics, including finding your voice and the power of feminism.
Check out the motivational Women’s Day quotes featured below!
Don’t forget to read these inspiring women empowerment quotes to help you succeed in life.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Empowering Women’s Day quotes
1. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” – Ntozake Shange
2. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
3. “Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress.” – Kiera Cass
You will also enjoy our article on women supporting women quotes.
4. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce
You will also enjoy our article on feminism quotes.
5. “The future of our world is only as bright as the future of our girls.” – Michelle Obama
6. “A girl should be two things: Who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
7. “She remembered who she was, and the game changed.” – Lalah Deliah
8. “She’s everything; even when she’s treated like nothing.” – R.H. Sin
9. “If you are always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Cher
11. “I am tired of living in a world where women are mostly referred to as a man’s past, present, or future, property, or possession. I…do not belong to anyone but myself and neither do you.” – Ariana Grande
12. “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” – Rupi Kaur
13. “You need to find the power within to make things happen for yourself. When you realize this, you are unstoppable.” – Christina Aguilera
14. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “After all those years as a woman hearing, ‘not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough,’ almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought, ‘I am enough.’” – Anna Quindlen
16. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
Also, check out these Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership
Women’s Day quotes about feminism
17. “Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom. It’s about liberation. It’s about equality.” – Emma Watson
18. “Feminism is just saying give me opportunities without judging me for the decisions that I make, the same freedom that men have enjoyed for so many centuries.” – Priyanka Chopra
19. “Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It’s about making life more fair for women everywhere. It’s not about a piece of the existing pie; there are too many of us for that. It’s about baking a new pie.” – Gloria Steinem
20. “There’s many women now who think, ‘Surely we don’t need feminism anymore, we’re all liberated and society’s accepting us as we are’. Which is just hogwash. It’s not true at all.” – Yoko Ono
21. “We need a feminism that is not negligent of women of color, trans women, queer women. We need a feminism that protects all women. Globally.” – Halsey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Halsey quotes to motivate you to be yourself.
22. “Feminism is dated? Yes, for privileged women like my daughter and all of us here today, but not for most of our sisters in the rest of the world who are still forced into premature marriage, prostitution, forced labor – they have children that they don’t want or they cannot feed.” – Isabel Allende
23. “Feminism is the ability to choose what you want to do.” – Nancy Reagan
24. “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else. It’s equality, it’s fairness, and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of.” – Zendaya
25. “Feminism is not only for women It’s something everyone can participate in, and evolve together, as the first step in the right direction. I see feminism as a tool to achieve that balance and peace.” – Ani DiFranco
Also, check out these motivational Joan of Arc quotes about leadership, faith, and strong women.
When was the last time you showed support to a loved one?
International Women’s Day is all about banding together and showing support for each other.
The amazing accomplishments of women don’t just include those who are prominent Everyday women accomplish amazing things that are worth shining a spotlight on and acknowledging.
Today, reach out to a woman who inspires you and let her know that you see her.
Tell her that she’s an inspiration.
Send her one of the quotes from above, and tell her that it reminded you of her.
Sometimes, all we need is a moment of kindness to push forward.
Is there an empowering Women’s Day quote above that you plan on sharing?
Let us know your thoughts down below!