50 Adam Sandler Quotes That Will Have You Laughing Out Loud
April 1, 2020 7:20 AM EST
These Adam Sandler quotes shed some light on his views about family, fame, life and other random thoughts!
You don’t really have to question Adam Sandler’s net worth, because he will tell you himself that he is “filthy rich” and a “multi-millionaire”!
Yet, he is also humble when speaking about how he got where he is today.
Sometimes his words are inspirational and other times they are funny and slightly self-deprecating.
He is a comedian after all!
He attributes a lot of his success to his parents and the way he was raised, along with his wife, Jackie Sandler.
He also works hard at connecting with people and making them laugh.
He has been doing it since he was little and hanging out with his friends, so undoubtedly, it comes naturally to him.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and funny Adam Sandler quotes and lines, collected from various sources over the years.
Also read these Joe Rogan quotes that will inspire you to dream big.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Adam Sandler quotes on fatherhood and family
1. “My father used to wear the same pants for like a week.” ― Adam Sandler
2. “I was raised by a mother who told me I was great every day of my life.” ― Adam Sandler
3. “I go to sleep thinking about my kids being spoiled and I wake up thinking about it.” ― Adam Sandler
4. “Now that I’m a parent, I understand why my father was in a bad mood a lot.” ― Adam Sandler
5. “With the amount of money I have, it’s difficult raising children the way I was raised.” ― Adam Sandler
6. “Feels good to try, but playing a father, I’m getting a little older. I see now that I’m taking it more serious and I do want that lifestyle.” ― Adam Sandler
7. “I never had a speech from my father ‘this is what you must do or shouldn’t do’ but I just learned to be led by example. My father wasn’t perfect.” ― Adam Sandler
8. “The problem with me, as far as getting married and having a family, is that my comedy is so important to me. So I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good a dad as my dad.” ― Adam Sandler
9. “When I’m around the kids I feel like I act the most grown-up just because you’re supposed to. And I say things, like every other day, that remind me of my own parents.” ― Adam Sandler
10. “I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that.” ― Adam Sandler
11. “This character feels so much like my brother. He has two children. He has a wife. He works with me. He chooses to stay in New Hampshire because he wants his kids to grow up in the school they started with. He doesn’t want them to lose friends. He is his family’s hero.” ― Adam Sandler
12. “My father wasn’t perfect. He had a temper. I took some of that. He would snap, but the older he got, he started calming down. He learned about life, but the thing that he taught my whole family was that family was the most important thing and, no matter what, if a family member needs you, you go and help them out; you get there.” ― Adam Sandler
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Step Brothers quotes from the hit comedy.
Adam Sandler quotes about stage fright, critics, and being proud
13. “I’ll continue to make the typical Adam Sandler comedies.” ― Adam Sandler
14. “I still get very scared when I step in front of a live audience.” ― Adam Sandler
15. “Most of the stuff I do on the show comes out of me just trying to make my friends laugh.” ― Adam Sandler
16. “A lot of critics object to what I do, but I got into comedy to make people laugh, and I’ve always worked hard.” ― Adam Sandler
17. “My name is Adam Sandler. I’m not particularly talented. I’m not particularly good-looking. And yet I’m a multi-millionaire.” ― Adam Sandler
18. “When I was younger and did a stand-up gig, it would take me two weeks to recover. Sometimes I’d get so panicked that I would stutter.” ― Adam Sandler
19. “As a kid, I’d go into the bathroom when I was having a tantrum. I’d be in the bathroom crying, studying myself in the mirror. I was preparing for future roles.” ― Adam Sandler
20. “I do love the films I’ve done in the past. I work hard in my movies and my friends work hard and we’re trying to make people laugh and I’m very proud of that.” ― Adam Sandler
21. “I don’t think about that. I wasn’t a kid growing up saying one day I’ll get an Oscar and make a speech. That wasn’t on my mind. So what I do is the best work I can do.” ― Adam Sandler
22. “The Canteen Boy, the reason you feel bad for him and you can laugh is because he, and I guess a lot of my characters, they don’t notice they’re getting made fun of. So they’ll say something back that’s not that great a quip, but in their mind, they won the argument.” ― Adam Sandler
You might also like these powerful role model quotes on the influence of heroes in our lives.
Adam Sandler quotes on living life famously while being funny
23. “When I take my kid to school, all the parents stop and stare.” ― Adam Sandler
24. “I’m 31 now. I think I’m beginning to understand what life is, what romance is, and what a relationship means.” ― Adam Sandler
25. “I had my moments of being humiliated, and then I had moments of doing something humiliating. I’m glad I lived out both roles.” ― Adam Sandler
26. “I definitely connected to the fact that life gets out of control and you end up doing things and wishing you were doing other things instead.” ― Adam Sandler
27. “I’m not looking to get away from anything. I like what I’ve done. I like what I get to do and I enjoy working with my friends. I loved those movies, but this is incredible.” ― Adam Sandler
28. “When I’m up there, and I know the show’s coming to a close, in my head I’m saying to myself, Oh man, you gotta get off and be a normal person again. That’s what I don’t like so much.” ― Adam Sandler
29. “I don’t know who I touch and who I don’t. I work hard trying to make people laugh. I try to do the kind of stuff that made me laugh growing up. I don’t have any secrets. I don’t know the reasons I’ve been so well received.” ― Adam Sandler
30. “My movies just kind of sneak up on you. I don’t have to worry too much about what everybody is going to say. Anyway, I really don’t pay attention to what the world says about my movies. I just care about what my buddies think.” ― Adam Sandler
31. “When I got into this, I never thought about reviews. I never thought about what people would say about me, I was just a young guy who was excited to become a comedian and an actor, and I just wanted to get to do what I got to do.” ― Adam Sandler
32. “You know, when you don’t go on TV and talk about how many women you sleep with, some people in Hollywood, that are supposedly ‘in the know,’ start whispering that you’re gay. If I were gay, I wouldn’t be ashamed to admit it, but I’m not.” ― Adam Sandler
33. “Through my films I’m eventually trying to one day tell the truth. I don’t know if I’m ever going to get there, but I’m slowly letting pieces of myself out there and then maybe by the time I’m 85, I’ll look back and say, ‘All right, that about sums it up.” ― Adam Sandler
34. “It definitely has learning a lesson about the way you’re living your life. I wouldn’t compare our movie to that, but it has a structure where it’s about a man who doesn’t appreciate all that he has and finds out at the end that life has been great and he has to enjoy that.” ― Adam Sandler
35. “I’m not comfortable being around too many people. I don’t like being out in public too much. I don’t like going to bars. I don’t like doing celebrity stuff. So most of the characters I play are people who don’t always feel comfortable beyond their small circle of friends.” ― Adam Sandler
Don’t forget to also read these Ed Sheeran quotes that will put a smile on your face and make your day better.
Random Adam Sandler quotes
36. “Girls are soft and pretty.” ― Adam Sandler
37. “My sisters are stronger and my brother’s bigger than me”. ― Adam Sandler
38. “I shouldn’t be near Vegas and have money in my pocket.” ― Adam Sandler
39. “Well, we’re living in a material world, and I’m a material girl… or boy. ― Adam Sandler
40. “My comedy is different every time I do it. I don’t know what the hell I’m doing.” ― Adam Sandler
41. “Well, I have a microphone and you don’t so you will listen to every damn word I have to say!” ― Adam Sandler
42. “Sixth grade was a big-time, in my childhood, of hoops and friendship, and coming up with funny things.” ― Adam Sandler
43. “When I do stand-up shows at colleges, girls will talk to me after the show, and that always feels good. I like talking to them”. ― Adam Sandler
44. “In one day, I have times where I’m feeling great, I feel like I love my life, and then 2:30 rolls around and I’m the angriest man alive. My wife sees it.” ― Adam Sandler
45. “We just bought this house. It’s too big. It’s like 400,000 square feet or something. We got an indoor lake and ski slope in the house! It’s just too big.” ― Adam Sandler
Also read these Madonna quotes and lyrics that will make you love yourself and go for your dreams.
Adam Sandler quotes about singing and reading
46. “I read to my kid, but I can’t stand reading.” ― Adam Sandler
47. “I sang a song at my sister’s wedding. My mother forced me into that, too. But that one felt all right.” ― Adam Sandler
48. “I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing ‘Maria’ from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hang up”. ― Adam Sandler
49. “I think the reason I don’t read is because, when I’m reading, I feel like I’m missing out on something else. You know, What are my friends doing? Where’s my girlfriend?” ― Adam Sandler
50. “I’m not great at bedtime stories. Bedtime stories are supposed to put the kid to sleep. My kid gets riled up and then my wife has to come in and go, ‘All right! Get out of the room.’” ― Adam Sandler
You will also enjoy our article on Waterboy quotes.
Which of these Adam Sandler quotes is your favorite?
It is evident in nearly every role he has played that he seems to be enjoying himself and doing what he loves.
He has had far too many great movies for me to try and decide which one is the best Adam Sandler movie, but personally I liked “Spanglish”!
My kids love all the Hotel Transylvania movies (who am I kidding, we all love those!)
Yet, my husband would tell you his favorite is “The Water Boy” or “Happy Gilmore”.
Thankfully, he has given us so many movies to choose from!
It says a lot about who he is as a person that he includes his wife, his friends, and even his kids in his movies.
Rob Schneider has played some of my favorite characters!
I also enjoy it when he sings, like in “The Wedding Singer” or the “Hanukkah Song”!
Use the comment section below to let us know which of these Adam Sandler quotes and sayings is your favorite.