As the title suggests, this article comes with the best possible collection of darkness quotes.
These quotes offer you the strength and motivation to enlighten your inner self.
You can share these quotes with others and help them encounter their inner darkness.
Apart from this, we have also discussed ways to dispel the darkness in our lives.
So, with no further ado, let’s dive in!
How to Dispel Darkness in our Lives
Removing the negativity within our thoughts is the major aspect to consider for illuminating our lives with the light of positivity.
Besides, here are a few of the most recommended ways that can help us achieve this goal:
- Face the inner Darkness
- Think about your strengths
- Try Meditation
- Avoid people with negative thoughts
Face the inner Darkness
The first and most essential step to dealing with our inner darkness is to face it.
This will allow us to embrace our negative aspects and tackle them.
In addition, you need to reframe your thinking that you are a bad person.
You must have a strong belief that you are a good human being.
Think about your Strengths
Most of us have our strengths and weaknesses.
However, when you are dealing with your inner darkness, it is imperative to pay attention to your strengths.
This will allow you to handle the times when you are feeling down or depressed.
When thinking about self-transformation, getting help from spiritual power is a great idea.
For this purpose, try meditation.
When meditating, try to find a peaceful space.
For instance, you can go out in the wild and spend some time in nature.
Meditating in a serene place can help you get the most benefits from each yoga session.
Avoid People with Negative Thoughts
To overcome your inner darkness, you must keep yourself away from the negativity surrounding you.
In most cases, you feel discouraged because of the negative comments passed by the surrounding people.
Especially when you are in the office, don’t get serious about the harsh behaviors of your colleagues.
Doing so can help bring out the darkness within you and replace it with the light of hope.
Top 10 Darkness Quotes
These are the top 10 best darkness quotes to read.
1. “Man dies of cold, not of darkness.” — Miguel de Unamuno
2. “There is no darkness but ignorance.” — William Shakespeare
3. “Education is the movement from darkness to light.” — Allan Bloom
4. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” — Desiderius Erasmus
5. “You can’t study the darkness by flooding it with light.” — Edward Abbey
6. “So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.” — T. S. Eliot
7. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” — Desmond Tutu
8. “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” — Francis Bacon
9. “Rain symbolizes darkness but also represents an essential part of rebirth.” — Sabrina Claudio
10. “Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness.” — Werner Herzog
Meaningful Darkness Quotes
Check out these darkness quotes that hold deep meanings.
11. “Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.” — Yousuf Karsh
12. “Pain and pleasure, like light and darkness, succeed each other.” — Laurence Sterne
13. “When there’s doom and gloom, don’t forget there’s darkness before dawn.” — Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
14. “To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist.” — Robert Schumann
15. “And out of the darkness came the hands that reach thro’ nature, moulding men.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
16. “A poet is a nightingale, who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
17. “Sometimes when you’re overwhelmed by a situation – when you’re in the darkest of darkness – that’s when your priorities are reordered.” — Phoebe Snow
18. “Everywhere the human soul stands between a hemisphere of light and another of darkness; on the confines of the two everlasting empires, necessity and free will.” — Thomas Carlyle
19. “The Self is self-luminous without darkness and light and is the reality which is self-manifest. Therefore, one should not think of it as this or as that. The very thought of thinking will end in bondage.” — Ramana Maharshi
20. “In Buddhist culture, offering food to the monk symbolizes the action of goodness, and if you have no opportunity to support the practice of spirituality, then you are somehow left in the realm of darkness.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Darkness Quotes with an Element of Hope
Following darkness quotes will give you an element of hope. And hopefully, you will enjoy reading and sharing them.
21. “The rising sun can dispel the darkness of night.” — David O. McKay
22. “My broken brilliance will shine a light in the darkness.” — Matt Hardy
23. “In the total darkness, poetry is still there, and it is there for you.” — Abbas Kiarostami
24. “Dear sisters and brothers, we realize the importance of light when we see darkness.” — Malala Yousafzai
25. “I am learning that in life it is OK to travel in darkness, not knowing what your next move is.” — Cobie Smulders
26. “When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light – whatever that is for you – no matter how far away it seems.” — Jan Berry
27.“I don’t know what God has planned for me or you or anyone, but I do know that in darkness, you discover an indistinguishable light.” — Cory Booker
28. “The point about hope is that it is something that occurs in very dark moments. It is like a flame in the darkness; it isn’t like a confidence and a promise.” — John Berger
29. “Every candle that gets lit in the dark room must feel a little rejection from the darkness around it, but the last thing I want from those who hold a different world view to me is to accept me.” — Kirk Cameron
30. “Close your bodily eye, that you may see your picture first with the eye of the spirit. Then bring to light what you have seen in the darkness, that its effect may work back, from without to within.” — Caspar David Friedrich
Darkness Quotes that are Unique and Inspirational
These darkness quotes are unique in perspective and make you think.
31. “Let us not curse the darkness. Let us kindle little lights.” — Dada Vaswani
32. “Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you.” — John Ruskin
33. “Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” — Terry Pratchett
34. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” — Henry David Thoreau
35. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” — Martin Luther King, Jr
36. “Only the person who has experienced light and darkness, war and peace, rise and fall, only that person has truly experienced life.” — Stefan Zweig
37. “Part of the power of all storytelling is reassurance, offering hope to those sat in the darkness, that good can succeed, and wrongdoing fail.” — Charles Sturridge
38. “There’s something about the darkness that I find unavoidably intoxicating. The knowledge that other people are sleeping and, therefore, unavailable to ruin my solitude makes me more peaceful than I am during the day.” — Rachel Nichols
39. “Sleep is the secret of life! I must have a comfortable bed, a room at exactly 60 degrees, and complete darkness like a tomb to sleep in. If I don’t get 10 hours, then I’m miserable, and I make everyone around me miserable.” — Demis Roussos
40. “I was a product of a divorced family, and I used humor as a weapon to combat sadness. I used comedy to make my mother laugh in light of the darkness that she faced, and to me, it became a very powerful tool at a very young age, at six. I saw how therapeutic it could be.” — Josh Gad
Some More Darkness Quotes
Following is the list of more darkness quotes that can act like moonlight on a dark night.
41. “No one wants to spend too long inside their own darkness.” — Nick Nolte
42. “There is no greater mystery to me than that of light traveling through darkness.” — Alexander Volkov
43. “I need quiet and solitude to work. Darkness is best. If I am wide awake, I can’t write.” — Jeff Lindsay
44. “It’s only until we confront the darkness of our past that we can responsibly move forward.” — Winston Duke
45. “I don’t think there is in life pure darkness or pure light. Everyone’s got a little of everything.” — John Hawkes
46. “I think my life in general, like that of any human being, has highs and lows, has moments of great light and moments of great darkness.” — Thalia
47. “Storms and darkness scared me, but somehow it encouraged me to learn about nature, and I think nothing’s dark, dark is beautiful too.” — Bai Ling
48. “When you bring the darkness to the table, it doesn’t rule you or hurt other people, but when we keep it secret, it’s dangerous.” — Natalie Goldberg
49. “By appreciating the darkness when you design the light, you create much more interesting environments that truly enhance our lives.” — Rogier van der Heide
50. “When you grow up in one town, and your life revolves around it, you are very aware of any darkness on the edge of town. That’s because it’s scary and it’s inviting.” — Melissa Etheridge
Are you feeling a little more hopeful?
Going through our darkness quotes compilation can help you enlighten your life.
Most of these quotes are inspiring, giving you the strength to face your inside darkness.
We have carefully selected these quotes to offer you the best selection of darkness quotes.
Hence, finding your favorite quote won’t be that difficult.
If you have seen a darkness quote that inspires you the most, mention it in the comments section below.
We would love to hear from you.