Take a load off, relax, and check out these nap quotes before you doze off.
Who doesn’t love a nice nap?
You might think naps are just for children, but that is not true.
Tell us your favorite nap quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these nap quotes?
In the United States, about ⅓ of adults take a nap daily.
Naps are a natural way to refresh and recharge ourselves during our day.
Research suggests that if you are a healthy adult, you do not need a nap, but taking a nap comes with health and wellness benefits.
A nap’s obvious immediate benefits are:
- increased energy levels
- mood improvement
- improved alertness
A short 20-minute nap is perfect for the body and mind to recharge.
Scientists found that folks who took short naps had better recall and superior cognition than those who did not take naps.
Even NASA has astronauts take naps because it improves their alertness and performance in space.
You will also enjoy our article on good afternoon quotes.
Short nap quotes from nap lovers
1. “I take a lot of naps.” — Alice Ripley
2. “I’m a big fan of naps.” — Tyler Henry
3. “I love an afternoon nap.” — Julie Chen
4. “I like naps. I don’t drink coffee.” — Spike Jonze
5. “I get by with power naps.” — Gurmeet Choudhary
6. “I like to take afternoon naps in the nude.” — Cleo Moore
7. “I am a great believer in naps, whatever age you are.” — Shirley Eaton
8. “I’m a big napper – that’s when I get most of my sleep.” — Lou Williams
9. “Often people have to wake me up from a nap to tell me to go on stage.” — Phoebe Bridgers
10. “I would work a morning shift at the gym, nap, then go do a comedy show or class.” — Lauren Ash
You will also enjoy our article on sleep quotes.
Nap quotes for your Instagram post
11. “Naps are nature’s hugs!” — Ciro Nieli
12. “Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
13. “There is always time for a nap.” — Suzy Becker
14. “Figure out what to do, then take a nap.” — Adam Carolla
15. “A quick nap right now sounds really good.” — Fred Olen Ray
16. “Always nap when you can. It is cheap medicine.” — Lord Byron
17. “Taking naps sounds so childish. I prefer to call them horizontal life pauses.” — Unknown
18. “Happiness consists of getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.” — Robert A. Heinlein
19. “My biggest thrill in life is to read in the afternoon until I fall asleep and take a nap.” — Sissy Spacek
20. “Mornings belong to whatever is new; the current composition. Afternoons are for naps and letters.” — Stephen King
Nap quotes about the perfect time or schedule for a rest
21. “I drink coffee 30 minutes before I want to nap. I think that really helps.” — Ali Krieger
22. “After practice, I would have to go back to the dorm and take a nap.” — Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
23. “I take a nap in the afternoons, and I’m in bed at 9 P.M. It’s a struggle sometimes.” — Carl Kasell
24. “I go to bed at midnight and get up at 9. I never take a nap. I don’t get tired.” — Richard Bonynge
25. “I will occasionally take power naps on weekends and agree that they can be re-energizing.” — Rana el Kaliouby
26. “Sleep is important; I try and get about 9 hours if I can at night, but I don’t tend to nap during the day.” — Steph Houghton
27. “I am very in favour of children having a nap after lunch because then they’re not whiney and grizzly by six o’clock.” — Prue Leith
28. “I remember working as a paralegal at a law firm, being so exhausted that, midday, I would go to the utility closet to take a nap.” — Suleika Jaouad
29. “I sleep nine hours every night, I have a little nap after lunch, and, if I’m going out for dinner, I sneak in an extra one before I head out.” — Giles Coren
30. “I like to take at least a 15-minute nap or so before the race starts, just to kind of get refreshed. That’s something I try to do every time.” — Denny Hamlin
Nap quotes about our moods and health
31. “I never wanted to nap. I was always mature for my age.” — Nikita Dragun
32. “I can get moody sometimes when I wake up after a nap – I’m like a four-year-old.” — Ed Westwick
33. “If I am exhausted, I will pamper myself, take an extra nap, eat well, take a spa treatment.” — Manisha Koirala
34. “I try to get eight or nine hours of sleep a night, and if I don’t, I’ll make sure to take a nap.” — Andre Drummond
35. “I know I feel crazy when I’m stressed out. You know when I don’t feel crazy? When I’m in my nap pod.” — Sarah Cooper
36. “Take naps. Often new ideas come together when you are half asleep, but you have to train yourself to remember them.” — Jane Smiley
37. “The minute anyone’s getting anxious, I say, ‘You must eat, and you must sleep.’ They’re the two vital elements for a healthy life.” — Francesca Annis
38. “Temperament, you’ll find, is highly dependent on time of day, weather, frequency of naps, and whether one has had enough to eat.” — Catherynne M. Valente
39. “I prefer eight hours of sound sleep at night. But on days when I can’t, I try not to fuss about it and keep taking power naps through the day.” — Kirti Kulhari
40. “The scariest thing I’ve ever had about a long drive is almost falling asleep a couple of times. Those moments where you maybe should have pulled over and taken a nap, like, a couple of hours ago.” — Ron Livingston
Nap quotes that will make you laugh
41. “After I’ve knitted for a while, I feel like I just woke up from a nap.” — Krysten Ritter
42. “I think I would be a great dad one day, but I also like to nap way too much.” — Scott Evans
43. “I can’t take a traditional yoga class or anything. I’ll just lay down and take a nap on the mat.” — Jessica St. Clair
44. “Have you ever noticed how a cat stretches after a nap? We can learn from watching animals.” — Cyd Charisse
45. “I can nap with hustle and bustle around me; I can nap quietly all by myself. It’s something I’ve always been good at.” — Melissa Leo
46. “I get all my sleep on planes. If the flight is five hours, my nap is five hours! I’ll sleep through the whole flight.” — Laurie Hernandez
47. “If anything kept me awake at night, it would be worrying that there wouldn’t be enough time to have a nap the next day.” — Joe Lycett
48. “I’ve fallen asleep at red lights before. Not like passed out, but like I’ve put the parking break on and reclined my seat and taken a nap.” — Ari Shaffir
49. “I’m such a good sleeper that I can have tea any time of day, and I will have no problem taking a nap. I’m a professional napper.” — Darby Stanchfield
50. “I can always see the people in the front row, and sometimes you get people who are fast asleep. Maybe they had a long day at work, but that’s an expensive nap.” — Alex Sharp
Should you take a nap?
Any parent knows of a nap’s sacred power over a cranky or over-tired child.
Naps are great for everyone, not just babies and kids. Y
You do not want to overdo it with naps because it can impact your nighttime sleep schedule.
Therefore, experts recommend 20-minute naps.
Naps improve learning performance and awareness, which is excellent for students or shift workers.
We learn faster and with more vigor when we have had a rest.
Naps increase our memory and language acquisition skills.
Naps even improve reaction times.
Naps provide natural help for people who struggle with self-regulation or emotional behaviors.
If you cannot take a nap, do not feel bad.
Naps are not for everyone, and that is okay.
You can get along ideally in life without taking naps.
However, they make life more relaxing. Sweet dreams and happy napping.
Tell us your favorite nap quote in the comment section below.
Before you close your eyes for a little respite, please hit the share button!