These colorful blue quotes will delight the senses and spark creativity.
Let us know your favorite blue quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these blue quotes?
Blue is a popular favorite color around the world and is beloved across a variety of cultures.
These quotes about blue will illustrate the power and beauty of the hue.
The color blue is:
The best quotes about the color blue will inspire you to create art and spread joy.
Read these colorful words to spark your creativity and open your mind to fresh perspectives.
Why do you love the color blue?
Dive into the study of color theory and explore a wide range of shades and tints.
The color blue is all around us in art, fashion, nature, and more.
Read these blue quotes and appreciate our vivid, colorful lives.
Indulge your senses in the shades of the sky and ocean.
Science has shown that people are more productive in blue rooms.
Want to lose weight? Try eating off a blue plate, as it curbs the appetite.
There are a lot of benefits to surrounding yourself with this popular color!
Don’t forget to check out our collection of rainbow quotes that will inspire you to find peace and tranquility.
Blue quotes to delight your senses
1. “The sun is up, the sky is blue; It’s beautiful, and so are you.” – John Lennon
2. “How sweet to be a Cloud. Floating in the Blue!” – A. A. Milne
3. “Blue thou art, intensely blue; Flower, whence came thy dazzling hue?” – James Montgomery
4. “But the sky was never quite the same shade of blue again.” – Anne Rice
5. “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” – Sylvia Earle
6. “I spend a lot of my time looking at blue; The colour of my room and my mood.” – Kate Bush
7. “If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue.” – Paul Gauguin
8. “The earth is a tiny blue speck in a universe of unfriendly options.” – Sylvia Earle
9. “Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.” – John Ruskin
10. “A certain blue enters your soul. A certain red has an effect on your blood-pressure.” – Henri Matisse
Blue quotes to spark your creativity
11. “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
12. “But never have I been a blue calm sea. I have always been a storm.” – Stevie Nicks
13. “The sky slowly pulled up its blue dress to reveal night.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
14. “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” – Vincent Van Gogh
15. “Blue was never so beautiful blue.”― Petra Hermans
16. “My favorite color is blue, and my secret favorite color is pink.” – Paul Dano
17. “Let the blue of the sky and ocean take your blue away when you feel blue.”― Munia Khan
18. “The sky was a flawless blue, the color of surgical gloves.” – Mira Grant
19. “Green calm below, blue quietness above.” —John Greenleaf Whittier
20. “Life is simple, it’s either cherry red or midnight blue.” – Lou Gramm
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
Blue quotes to inspire your artistic spirit
21. “Midnight blue is the only color that can ever compete with black.” – Christian Dior
22. “Blue eyes wash off sometimes.”― Anne Sexton
23. “Blue is, therefore, most suitable as the color of interior life.” – William H. Gass
24. “A heart as blue as a companion’s eyes, or the color of the clear winter sky.”
25. “We are a blue planet and an ocean world.” – Nainoa Thompson
26. “When I paint green, it doesn’t mean grass; when I paint blue, it doesn’t mean sky.” – Henri Matisse
27. “The sea! The sea! The open sea! The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” – Bryan Procter
28. “There are connoisseurs of blue just as there are connoisseurs of wine.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
29. “Under a sky that hasn’t been blue for weeks.”― Hillary Frank
30. “It’s calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion.” – Fiona Apple
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our collection of waves quotes for surfers & beach lovers.
Blue quotes that will ignite your passion for all things blue
31. “I always say my music is like dark blue or black, like a punch to your gut that feels really good.” – Banks
32. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – Judy Garland
33. “Blue is the color of peace. Water is blue. I like the color blue because it just puts me at peace. The patriotic symbol is blue. I just like blue.” – Antonio Brown
34. “Blue is the male principle, stern and spiritual. Yellow the female principle, gentle, cheerful and sensual. Red is matter, brutal and heavy and always the colour which must be fought and vanquished by the other two.” – Franz Marc
35. “The color blue is no less beautiful because it exists alongside the other colors of a rainbow, and “blueness” itself depends upon the existence of the other colors, for if there were no color but blue, we would never be able to see it.” – Ken Wilber
36. “We all have one idea of what the color blue is but pressed to describe it specifically, there are so many ways: the ocean, lapis lazuli, the sky, someone’s eyes. Our definitions are as different as we are ourselves.” – Sarah Dessen
37. “Sun-bleached bones were most wonderful against the blue – that blue that will always be there as it is now after all man’s destruction is finished.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
38. “She had blue skin, And so did he. He kept it hid; And so did she. They searched for blue; Their whole life through, Then passed right by – And never knew.” – Shel Silverstein
39. “Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.” – Lord Byron
40. “This is the light of the mind, cold and planetary. The trees of the mind are black. The light is blue.” – Sylvia Plath
Blue quotes that will make your day
41. “Stars are the daisies that begem; The blue fields of the sky.” – David Macbeth Moir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Macbeth quotes from the iconic play.
42. “There is no doubt that running away on a fresh, blue morning can be exhilarating.”― Jean Rhys, ‘The Collected Short Stories’
43. “O suns and skies and clouds of June, and flowers of June together. Ye cannot rival for one hour October’s bright blue weather.” – Helen Hunt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of flower quotes to remind you to smell the roses.
44. “A cat’s rage is beautiful, burning with pure cat flame, all its hair standing up and crackling blue sparks, eyes blazing and sputtering.” – William S. Burroughs
45. “Be like the bluebird who never is blue, for he knows from his upbringing what singing can do.”― Cole Porter
46. “The soft blue sky did never melt Into his heart; he never felt The witchery of the soft blue sky!” – William Wordsworth
47. “The true person is; Not anyone in particular; But like the deep blue color; Of the limitless sky, It is everyone, everywhere in the world.” – Dogen
48. “Fashion is mysterious, as a rule. Why are blue jeans a classic? You just hit on something that happens to be timeless and right.” – Diane von Furstenberg
49. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” – Eleanora Duse
50. “It was the blue of the sky that caught him first: a rapturous, painfully pure spike of color that hooked his eyes like fish and reeled them upward into the heights.” – Josh Ritter
Don’t forget to also check out these purple quotes from inspiration to fashion.
Blue quotes to brighten your day
51. “If you gathered together all the shades of blue in the world and picked the bluest, the epitome of blue, this was the color you would choose.” – Haruki Murakami
52. “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” – Diana Gabaldon
53. “Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones it will always stay blue; whereas yellow is blackened in its shades, and fades away when lightened; red, when darkened, becomes brown, and diluted with white is no longer red, but another color – pink.” – Raoul Dufy
54. “Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions, whereas the other colours are not … All colours arouse specific associative ideas, psychologically material or tangible, while blue suggests at most the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.” – Yves Klein
55. “Artists can color the sky red because they know it’s blue. Those of us who aren’t artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we’re stupid.” – Jules Feiffer
56. “Honestly, what I think set everything off is when I cut my hair off when I was 16 and dyed it blue. After that, I just felt so free and wanted to experiment with my look.” – Kylie Jenner
57. “The sky was a midnight-blue, like warm, deep, blue water, and the moon seemed to lie on it like a water-lily, floating forward with an invisible current.” – Willa Cather
58. “Blue suggests the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.” – Yves Klein
59. “This great blue world of ours is but a house of leaves, moments before the wind.” – Mark Z. Danielewski
60. “You can never be lost when you learn to get lost into the blue of the sea..”― Munia Khan
Blue quotes to give you a fresh perspective
61. “Never has a pigment been better named than ultramarine blue. Fashionable, even today, in its nomenclature! It is ultra in every way.” – Karen Fitzgerald
62. “As a female pilot, the sacred rose garden in my heart is the motherland’s blue sky.” – Liu Yang
63. “Let the blue sky meet the blue sea and all is blue for a time.” – Moncy Barbour
64. “Blue is the confident purple.”
65. “Blue jeans are the most beautiful things since the gondola.” – Diana Vreeland
66. “Cool blue on the outside, fiery red on the inside.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
67. “I want to die with my blue jeans on.” – Andy Warhol
68. “Women who wear blue have bright thoughts!”
69. “I love the ocean. I’ve always liked the blue, so tranquil and peaceful and gliding. And the fear of it.” – Siouxsie Sioux
70. “The rarest color in nature – now adorning me!”
Blue quotes that will uplift your mood
71. “I ripped through the blue shade of the constraints of color.” – Kasimir Malevich
72. “I fall in love with Britain every day, with bridges, buses, blue skies… but it’s a brutal world, man.” – Pete Doherty
73. “Blue is the closest color to truth.” – Steven Tyler
74. “Don’t worry, be blue!”
75. “The blue of my eyes is extinguished in this night, the red gold of my heart.” – Georg Trakl
76. “Blue skies, smiling at me, Nothing but blue skies, Do I see.” – Ella Fitzgerald
77. “The sky, the sky beyond the door is blue.” – Ryan Stiles
78. “Ready to take off into the night with my midnight blue dress!”
79. “If you’re feeling blue try pointing yourself a different color.” – Hannah Cheatem
80. “I love blue. Therefore I am.”
You might also like these color red quotes that express passion.
Blue quotes to brighten your day
81. “I’ve been feeling a little blue — just a pale, elusive azure. It isn’t serious enough for anything darker.” – L. M. Montgomery
82. “And they were canopied by the blue sky, So cloudless, clear, and purely beautiful, That God alone was to be seen in Heaven.” – Lord Byron
83. “Blue is the universal love in which man bathes — it is the terrestrial paradise.” – Derek Jarman
84. “I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” – E. E. Cummings
85. “Blue is a cold and retiring colour, and its effect upon the mind is of a quiet, soothing nature. It is symbolical of divinity, intelligence, sincerity, and tenderness.” – W. J. & G. A. Audsley
86. “Darkly, deeply, beautifully blue – the sky.”― George Byron Gordon
87. “…The wind
Of green blooms turning crisped the motley hue
To clearing opalescence. Then the sea
And heaven rolled as one and from the two
Came fresh transfigurings of freshest blue.” – Wallace Stevens
88. “My experiences remind me that it’s those black clouds that make the blue skies even more beautiful.” – Kelly Clarkson
89. “Love was a feeling completely bound up with color, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other.”― Paulo Coelho
90. “And in the morning when the sunrise. Look in the water, see the blue sky. As if heaven has been laid there at our feet.” – Conor Oberst
Blue quotes to inspire a new perspective
91. “…in blue ocean seen,
Blue, darkly, deeply, beautifully blue,
In all its rich variety of shades,
Suffused with glowing gold.” – Robert Southey
92. “Day holds the sky with big blue arms Until the sun sends her off into evening With a grateful blaze of vibrant colors.” – Terri Guillemets
93. “BLUE The only color we can feel.” – Charles Wayland Towne
94. “Even behind prison walls I can see the heavy clouds and the blue sky over the horizon.” – Nelson Mandela
95. “It’s all about colour and texture. It’s about being outside in the middle of deciduous forest, the tall grasses and rustling leaves. You can take one maple leaf and see almost all the colours of the rainbow in it — although you would need your imagination to see blue.” – Dorthe Eisenhardt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of the trees.
96. “The fading blue of yesterday’s sky is reminding of the hopeless love I told the moon about you.”― Laura Chouette
97. “By modulating the amount of blue in our environment, we can help people to relax, or to be alert; to fall asleep, or to stay awake.” – Rogier van der Heide
98. “The blue of the sky is one of the most special colors in the world, because the color is deep but see-through both at the same time.”― Cynthia Kadohata
99. “A cloudless plain blue sky is like a flowerless garden.” – Terri Guillemets
100. “The color blue has been shown to activate our parasympathetic nervous system – meaning it sends a signal to our brain that there is no danger present.”― Steve Aoki
More blue quotes and sayings
101. “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” – Haruki Murakami
102. “I need the shade of blue that rips your heart out. You don’t see that type of blue around here.” – Cath Crowley
103. “I’m standing in a river. It’s blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky.” – Ally Condie
104. “I don’t care to be pretty,” Blue shot back hotly, “I care to look on the outside like I look on the inside.” – Maggie Stiefvater
105. “In the night when the moon is large, the world spreads blue in every direction.”― Lynda Barry
106. “I value individuals and societies. I care about those who are not born yet. That is the reason for my joys and blues.” – Petek Kabakci
107. “It doesn’t matter what my eyes have seen, For the better out of the blue comes green.” – Ana Claudia Antunes,
108. “Today, Blue thought, is the day I stop listening to the future and start living it instead.” – Maggie Stiefvater
109. “Because of the green-eyed one, I see red and that makes me blue.” – Natalya Vorobyova
110. “You have to go through blue to get to green.”― Steven Magee
Beautiful Blue Quotes
111. “Blue is known as a ‘sad’ colour. But when I see the ocean, all my sorrow is washed away.” – A.M.
112. “Blue occurs everywhere: in ice and water, in the flame as purely as in the flower, overhead and inside caves, covering fruit and oozing out of clay.” – William H. Grass
113. “I had the whole sky in my eyes and it was blue and gold.” – Albert Camus
114. “Almost without exception, blue refers to the domain of abstraction and immateriality.” – Wassily Kandinsky
115. “If magic was a colour, that colour would be sparkling blue.”― Lucy H. Pearce
116. “Good things are associated with blue, like clear days, more than singing the blues. Just the word ‘blue’ in the singular is full of optimism and positive connotation to most people.” – David Carson
117. “Every day, the sun comes out and the sky’s always blue. That’s what I miss about Denver.” – Dikembe Mutombo
118. “Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.” – L. Frank Baum
119. “The fading blue of yesterday’s sky is reminding of the hopeless love I told the moon about you.”― Laura Chouette
120. “Most whale photos you see show whales in this beautiful blue water – it’s almost like space.” – Brian Skerry
Blue quotes to appreciate everyday things
121. “I’ll paint my mood in shades of blue.”
122. “If I don’t have red, I use blue.” – Pablo Picasso
123. “You are my blue crayon, the one I never have enough of, the one I use to color my sky.” – A.R. Asher
124. “She dreams in shades of blue.”
125. “The world is blue.” – Yves Klein
126. “I never grow tired of the blue sky.” – Stephen King
127. “It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.” – Neil Armstrong
128. “By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green.” – Thomas Merton
129. “Life’s too short to wear boring clothes and apply boring lipsticks, and BTW, I loved my blue lipstick.” – Nia Sharma
130. “Blue oblivion, largely lit, smiled and smiled at me.” – William Rose Benet
Remember to also read these beautiful moon quotes to illuminate your life.
Blue quotes about life, nature, and the Earth
131. “Great shades of blue, you find them in nature. They’re all magic.” — Bryan Batt
132. “In age of consumerism and materialism, I traffic in blue sky and colored air.” — James Turrell
133. “Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent.” — H. P. Lovecraft
134. “I love life. There’s so much to learn and see all the time, and nothing nicer for me than to wake up, and the sky is blue.” — Pattie Boyd
135. “Life has loveliness to sell, all beautiful and splendid things, blue waves whitened on a cliff, soaring fire that sways and sings, and children’s faces looking up, holding wonder like a cup.” — Sara Teasdale
136. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” — Eleonora Duse
137. “We really have the most beautiful planet in our solar system. None other can sustain life like we know it. None other has blue water and white clouds covering colorful landmasses filled with thriving, beautiful, living things like human beings.” — Sunita Williams
138. “Whenever I gaze up at the moon, I feel like I’m on a time machine. I am back to that precious pinpoint of time, standing on the foreboding—yet beautiful—Sea of Tranquility. I could see our shining blue planet Earth poised in the darkness of space.” — Buzz Aldrin
139. “It was morning; through the high window I saw the pure, bright blue of the sky as it hovered cheerfully over the long roofs of the neighboring houses. It too seemed full of joy, as if it had special plans, and had put on its finest clothes for the occasion.” — Hermann Hesse
140. “A voyage to Europe in the summer of 1921 gave me the first opportunity of observing the wonderful blue opalescence of the Mediterranean Sea. It seemed not unlikely that the phenomenon owed its origin to the scattering of sunlight by the molecules of the water.” — C. V. Raman
Blue quotes that suggest sadness
141. “Feeling blue is fine. Letting it steal away your colors is not.”
142. “You’re my North Star when I’m lost and feeling blue.” – Tom Waits
143. “Comedy, such a lovely lady, she’ll pick you up, you your feeling blue.”
144. “If you’re feeling blue – try painting yourself a different color.”
145. “If you are feeling blue, try to paint the sky with it. When it’s done, look at it and then definitely the golden sun will come out from you to brighten up your entire day….”
146. “If you’re feeling blue, lock yourself in a room, stand in front of a mirror, and dance – and laugh at yourself and be sexy. Dance the silliest and ugliest you’ve ever danced. Make fun of yourself and try to recover your sense of humor.” – Salma Hayek
147. “They are always telling us that Carolina Blue is not a color, that it is really Columbia blue or sky blue. But there is no bad blood amongst the teammates. All of our kidding is in good fun.” – Lorrie Fair
148. “I know I’m alive I’m feeling so blue.” – Inna
149. “Mama says that, happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you’re feeling blue.” – Adam Sandler
150. I have a blue house with a blue window. Blue is the colour of all that I wear.” – Eiffel 65
Sky blue quotes
151. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.”― Debasish Mridha
152. “I never get tired of the blue sky.” – Vincent van Gogh
153. “If you should stop pushing clouds, the blue sky would swallow you up like a starving monster.” – Tarryn-Tanille Prinsloo
154. “Everyone can enjoy the blue sky. The world is fair.” – Jukô Nishimura
155. “Your story matters, who you are matters, tonight matters, none of it is an accident. You were born for the blue skies.” – Jon Foreman
156. “I feel like a cloud floating around in the wide blue sky. I feel totally alive.” ― Avijeet Das
157. “I imagined the cool, clean air and this huge, perfect blue sky all around me.” – Ken Walshe
158. “Let the blue of the sky and ocean take your blue away when you feel blue.” ― Munia Khan
159. “Freedom is the basic condition for you to touch life, to touch the blue sky, the trees, the birds, the tea, and the other person.” – Nhat Hanh
160. “You will see the blue sky spreading endlessly above you and smiling down.” – Aya Kitô
Blue Quotes That Will Make You Rock in Blue
161. “It’s fun to watch a true-blue movie star at work. They’re really unbelievably charismatic. They understand camera angles.” ― Ana Gasteyer
162. “Math can explain the reason there’s one out of four chance that I’d have blue eyes. But it doesn’t explain why me.” ― Heidi
163. “When youre young, the blue blazer feels like a grown-up costume.” ― Willie Geist
164. “The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.” ― Evelyn Waugh
165. “We have a choice to make during our brief visit to this beautiful blue and green living planet: to hurt it or to help it.” ― Ray Anderson
166. “The blue and bright-eyed floweret of the brook, Hope’s gentle gem, the sweet Forget-me-not.” ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge
167. “The one thing I couldn’t identify with was the blue cowboy outfit he put on.” ― Dwayne Johnson
168. “I used to go with solid blue, but recently I’ve found that a mix of red and green is a better fit for my personality.” ― Tichina Arnold
169. “I definitely associate music with color. For example, my first record has a red cover but it is totally green and blue to me.” ― Kaki King
170. “I was born under the Blue Ridge, and under that side which is blue in the evening light, in a wild land of game and forest and rushing waters.” ― Winston Churchill
Which of these brilliant blue quotes most inspires you to live a colorful life?
These remarkable insights about the color blue will give you a fresh perspective on visual beauty.
Whether you’re drawn to the hue of the ocean, sky, or sapphires, you’ll enjoy these blue quotes.
The sayings above come from the minds of influential artists, celebrities, and color enthusiasts.
You’ll be inspired to surround yourself with gorgeous shades of blue once you understand the powerful effect of the color.
The top quotes regarding blue are guaranteed to delight your senses.
Whether blue is your favorite color or not, these words will boost your creativity.
If you enjoy art, nature, or fashion, this gorgeous hue should interest you.
Share these colorful quotes with your friends to ignite their passion for all things blue.
What are your favorite quotes about the color blue?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST