These colorful blue quotes will delight the senses and spark creativity.
Blue is a popular favorite color around the world and is beloved across a variety of cultures.
These quotes about blue will illustrate the power and beauty of the hue. The color blue is vibrant, bold, and bright, while still remaining mellow and ethereal.
Why do you love the color blue?
Whether you like navy, sky, or robin’s egg, these colorful sayings will bring you joy. Take a dive into the study of color theory and explore a wide range of shades and tints.
The color blue is all around us, in art, fashion, nature, and more. Read these blue quotes and appreciate our vivid, colorful lives.
The best quotes about the color blue will inspire you to create art and spread joy. Indulge your senses in the shades of the sky and ocean.
Read these colorful words to spark your creativity and open your mind to fresh perspectives. These blue quotes about the world’s best color will encourage your artistic spirit.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of rainbow quotes that will inspire you to find peace and tranquility.
Blue quotes to delight your senses
1. “The sun is up, the sky is blue; It’s beautiful, and so are you.” – John Lennon
2. “How sweet to be a Cloud. Floating in the Blue!” – A. A. Milne
3. “Blue thou art, intensely blue; Flower, whence came thy dazzling hue?” – James Montgomery
4. “But the sky was never quite the same shade of blue again.” – Anne Rice
5. “No water, no life. No blue, no green.” – Sylvia Earle
6. “I spend a lot of my time looking at blue; The colour of my room and my mood.” – Kate Bush
7. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – Judy Garland
8. “Blue is the color of peace. Water is blue. I like the color blue because it just puts me at peace. The patriotic symbol is blue. I just like blue.” – Antonio Brown
9. “Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.” – John Ruskin
10. “A certain blue enters your soul. A certain red has an effect on your blood-pressure.” – Henri Matisse
Blue quotes to spark your creativity
11. “Each band or level, being a particular manifestation of the spectrum, is what it is only by virtue of the other bands. The color blue is no less beautiful because it exists along side the other colors of a rainbow, and “blueness” itself depends upon the existence of the other colors, for if there were no color but blue, we would never be able to see it.” – Ken Wilber
12. “We all have one idea of what the color blue is, but pressed to describe it specifically, there are so many ways: the ocean, lapis lazuli, the sky, someone’s eyes. Our definitions are as different as we are ourselves.” – Sarah Dessen
13. “Sun-bleached bones were most wonderful against the blue – that blue that will always be there as it is now after all man’s destruction is finished.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
14. “Life is simple, it’s either cherry red or midnight blue.” – Lou Gramm
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
15. “Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones it will always stay blue; whereas yellow is blackened in its shades, and fades away when lightened; red when darkened becomes brown, and diluted with white is no longer red, but another color – pink.” – Raoul Dufy
16. “Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions, whereas the other colours are not … All colours arouse specific associative ideas, psychologically material or tangible, while blue suggests at most the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.” – Yves Klein
17. “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” – Vincent Van Gogh
18. “Artists can color the sky red because they know it’s blue. Those of us who aren’t artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we’re stupid.” – Jules Feiffer
19. “It’s calm under the waves in the blue of my oblivion.” – Fiona Apple
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of waves quotes for surfers & beach lovers.
20. “The only footwear I need is an inexpensive pair of blue sneakers. They have soft fabric tops and soft rubber-like soles. I get them one size too large so I can wiggle my toes. I feel as free as though I were barefoot! And I can usually get 1,500 miles to a pair. I wear a pair of navy blue socks.There’s a reason why I chose navy blue for my wearing apparel – it’s a very practical color, doesn’t show dirt, and the color blue does represent peace and spirituality.” – Peace Pilgrim
Blue quotes to inspire your artistic spirit
21. “Midnight blue is the only color that can ever compete with black.” – Christian Dior
22. “Fashion is mysterious, as a rule. Why are blue jeans a classic? You just hit on something that happens to be timeless and right.” – Diane von Furstenberg
23. “The deeper the blue becomes, the more strongly it calls man towards the infinite, awakening in him a desire for the pure and, finally, for the supernatural … The brighter it becomes, the more it loses its sound, until it turns into silent stillness and becomes white.” – Wassily Kandinsky
24. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” – Eleanora Duse
25. “We are a blue planet and an ocean world.” – Nainoa Thompson
26. “Honestly, what I think set everything off is when I cut my hair off when I was 16 and dyed it blue. After that, I just felt so free and wanted to experiment with my look.” – Kylie Jenner
27. “The sky was a midnight-blue, like warm, deep, blue water, and the moon seemed to lie on it like a water-lily, floating forward with an invisible current.” – Willa Cather
28. “When I paint green, it doesn’t mean grass; when I paint blue, it doesn’t mean sky.” – Henri Matisse
29. “The sea! The sea! The open sea!, The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” – Bryan Procter
30. “There are connoisseurs of blue just as there are connoisseurs of wine.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
Blue quotes that will ignite your passion for all things blue
31. “I always say my music is like dark blue or black, like a punch to your gut that feels really good.” – Banks
32. “If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue.” – Paul Gauguin
33. “I live for those who love me, for those who know me true, for the heaven so blue above me, and the good that I can do.” – George Linnaeus Banks
34. “Blue is the male principle, stern and spiritual. Yellow the female principle, gentle, cheerful and sensual. Red is matter, brutal and heavy and always the colour which must be fought and vanquished by the other two.” – Franz Marc
35. “But never have I been a blue calm sea. I have always been a storm.” – Stevie Nicks
36. “When you love a man, he becomes more than a body. His physical limbs expand, and his outline recedes, vanishes. He is rich and sweet and right. He is part of the world, the atmosphere, the blue sky and the blue water.” – Gwendolyn Brooks
37. “She had blue skin, And so did he. He kept it hid; And so did she. They searched for blue; Their whole life through, Then passed right by – And never knew.” – Shel Silverstein
38. “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
39. “Roll on, deep and dark blue ocean, roll. Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain. Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore.” – Lord Byron
40. “This is the light of the mind, cold and planetary. The trees of the mind are black. The light is blue.” – Sylvia Plath
Blue quotes that will make your day
41. “Stars are the daisies that begem; The blue fields of the sky.” – David Macbeth Moir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Macbeth quotes from the iconic play.
42. “I held a blue flower in my hand, probably a wild aster, wondering what its name was, and then thought that human names for natural things are superfluous. Nature herself does not name them. The important thing is to know this flower, look at its color until the blends becomes as real as a keynote of music. Look at the exquisite yellow flowerettes at the center, become very small with them. Be the flower, be the trees, the blowing grasses. Fly with the birds, jump with a squirrel!” – Sally Carrighar
43. “O suns and skies and clouds of June, and flowers of June together. Ye cannot rival for one hour October’s bright blue weather.” – Helen Hunt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of flower quotes to remind you to smell the roses.
44. “A cat’s rage is beautiful, burning with pure cat flame, all its hair standing up and crackling blue sparks, eyes blazing and sputtering.” – William S. Burroughs
45. “The word “Blue” does not mean the sensation caused by a gentian on the human eye; but it means the power of producing that sensation: and this power is always there, in the thing, whether we are there to experience it or not, and would remain there though there were not a man left on the face of the earth.” – John Ruskin
46. “The soft blue sky did never melt Into his heart; he never felt The witchery of the soft blue sky!” – William Wordsworth
47. “The true person is; Not anyone in particular; But like the deep blue color; Of the limitless sky, It is everyone, Everywhere in the world.” – Dogen
48. “I will do water – beautiful, blue water.” – Claude Monet
49. “Blue is therefore most suitable as the color of interior life.” – William H. Gass
50. “I never get tired of the blue sky.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Blue quotes to brighten your day
51. “When the flowers, and the sky are blue, then you shall have the mountains rise up and kiss the sky as a mother would kiss her child.”― Anthony T. Hincks
52. “It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.” – Diana Gabaldon
53. “Blue was never so beautiful blue.”― Petra Hermans
54. “My favorite color is blue, and my secret favorite color is pink.”- Paul Dano
55. “Let the blue of the sky and ocean take your blue away when you feel blue.”― Munia Khan
56. “Where did you get your eyes so blue? Out of the sky as I came through.”
– George MacDonald
57. “Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the deity to be a source of delight.” – John Ruskin
58. “Blue suggests the sea and sky, and they, after all, are in actual, visible nature what is most abstract.” – Yves Klein
59. “This great blue world of ours is but a house of leaves, moments before the wind.” – Mark Z. Danielewski
60. “You can never be lost when you learn to get lost into the blue of the sea..”― Munia Khan
Blue quotes to give you a fresh perspective
61. “Never has a pigment been better named than ultramarine blue. Fashionable, even today, in its nomenclature! It is ultra in every way.” – Karen Fitzgerald
62. “As a female pilot, the sacred rose garden in my heart is the motherland’s blue sky.” – Liu Yang
63. “Let the blue sky meet the blue sea and all is blue for a time.” – Moncy Barbour
64. “Blue is the confident purple.” – Unknown
65. “Blue jeans are the most beautiful things since the gondola.” – Diana Vreeland
66. “Cool blue on the outside, fiery red on the inside.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
67. “I want to die with my blue jeans on.” – Andy Warhol
68. “Women who wear blue have bright thoughts!” – Unknown
69. “I love the ocean. I’ve always liked the blue, so tranquil and peaceful and gliding. And the fear of it.” – Siouxsie Sioux
70. “The rarest color in nature – now adorning me!” – Unknown
Blue quotes that will uplift your mood
71. “I ripped through the blue shade of the constraints of color.” – Kasimir Malevich
72. “I fall in love with Britain every day, with bridges, buses, blue skies… but it’s a brutal world, man.” – Pete Doherty
73. “Blue is the closest color to truth.” – Steven Tyler
74. “Don’t worry, be blue!” – Unknown
75. “The blue of my eyes is extinguished in this night, the red gold of my heart.” – Georg Trakl
76. “I’ll stop wearing blue when they make a more beautiful color.” – Unknown
77. “The sky, the sky beyond the door is blue.” – Ryan Stiles
78. “Ready to take off into the night with my midnight blue dress!” – Unknown
79. “If you’re feeling blue try pointing yourself a different color.” –
80. “I love blue. Therefore I am.” – Unknown
Blue quotes to brighten your day
81. “I’ve been feeling a little blue — just a pale, elusive azure. It isn’t serious enough for anything darker.” – L. M. Montgomery
82. “And they were canopied by the blue sky, So cloudless, clear, and purely beautiful, That God alone was to be seen in Heaven.” – Lord Byron
83. “Blue is the universal love in which man bathes — it is the terrestrial paradise.” – Derek Jarman
84. “I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” – E. E. Cummings
85. “Blue is a cold and retiring colour, and its effect upon the mind is of a quiet, soothing nature. It is symbolical of divinity, intelligence, sincerity, and tenderness.” – W. J. & G. A. Audsley
86. “Darkly, deeply, beautifully blue – the sky.”― George Byron Gordon
87. “…The wind
Of green blooms turning crisped the motley hue
To clearing opalescence. Then the sea
And heaven rolled as one and from the two
Came fresh transfigurings of freshest blue.” – Wallace Stevens
88. “My experiences remind me that it’s those black clouds that make the blue skies even more beautiful.” – Kelly Clarkson
89. “Love was a feeling completely bound up with color, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other.”― Paulo Coelho
90. “And in the morning when the sunrise. Look in the water, see the blue sky. As if heaven has been laid there at our feet.” – Conor Oberst
Blue quotes to inspire a new perspective
91. “…in blue ocean seen,
Blue, darkly, deeply, beautifully blue,
In all its rich variety of shades,
Suffused with glowing gold.” – Robert Southey
92. “Day holds the sky with big blue arms Until the sun sends her off into evening With a grateful blaze of vibrant colors.” – Terri Guillemets
93. “BLUE The only color we can feel.” – Charles Wayland Towne
94. “Even behind prison walls I can see the heavy clouds and the blue sky over the horizon.” – Nelson Mandela
95. “It’s all about colour and texture. It’s about being outside in the middle of deciduous forest, the tall grasses and rustling leaves. You can take one maple leaf and see almost all the colours of the rainbow in it — although you would need your imagination to see blue.” – Dorthe Eisenhardt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of the trees.
96. “The fading blue of yesterday’s sky is reminding of the hopeless love I told the moon about you.”― Laura Chouette
97. “…and so many colors
I will have seen…
the menacing greys
and pine greens
the soft pink and purples
and summer blue
and so many others
without you.”― Sanober Khan
98. “The blue of the sky is one of the most special colors in the world, because the color is deep but see-through both at the same time.”― Cynthia Kadohata
99. “A cloudless plain blue sky is like a flowerless garden.” – Terri Guillemets
100. “Did you know, I’m still in love with this blue sky until forever and ever, eternally.” – Mika
More blue quotes and sayings
101. “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” – Haruki Murakami
102. “I need the shade of blue that rips your heart out. You don’t see that type of blue around here.” – Cath Crowley
103. “And everything burned in blue, everything a star.” – Pablo Neruda
104. “I don’t care to be pretty,” Blue shot back hotly, “I care to look on the outside like I look on the inside.” – Maggie Stiefvater
105. “It was called love. Something blue blue.” – Petra Hermans
106. “I value individuals and societies. I care about those who are not born yet. That is the reason for my joys and blues.” – Petek Kabakci
107. “It doesn’t matter what my eyes have seen, For the better out of the blue comes green.” – Ana Claudia Antunes,
108. “Today, Blue thought, is the day I stop listening to the future and start living it instead.” – Maggie Stiefvater
109. “Because of the green-eyed one, I see red and that makes me blue.” – Natalya Vorobyova
110. “In the afternoon, over gold screens, I will brush the blue dust of my dreams.” – John Gould Fletcher
Which of these brilliant blue quotes most inspires you to live a colorful life?
These remarkable insights about the color blue will give you a fresh perspective on visual beauty. Whether you’re drawn to the hue of the ocean, sky, or sapphires, you’ll enjoy these blue quotes.
The sayings above come from the minds of influential artists, celebrities, and color enthusiasts. You’ll be inspired to surround yourself with gorgeous shades of blue once you understand the powerful effect of the color.
The top quotes regarding blue are guaranteed to delight your senses. Whether blue is your favorite color or not, these words will boost your creativity.
If you enjoy art, nature, or fashion, this gorgeous hue should interest you. Share these colorful quotes with your friends to ignite their passion for all things blue.
What are your favorite quotes about the color blue? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 18, 2021 6:00 AM EST