Check out these enthusiasm quotes that will remind you of the importance of choosing your attitude.
Enthusiasm is the energy that can make or break an experience for us. It is the energy that shapes our attitude. Enthusiasm is not fake cheerful energy, rather it is the natural energy of excitement that leads you to find joy on your journey.
Have you ever noticed how when you are somewhere you do not want to be or having an experience you do not prefer, time seems to slow down? Yet, the flip side is also true, so when you are doing an activity you enjoy, time seems to go by quickly?
That is the power of enthusiasm, our attitude and how we feel about what we are doing literally shifts the time in how we experience reality. Enthusiasm is the key to finding joy in every moment.
What are some things you are enthusiastic about? Keep reading these enthusiasm quotes and be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Don’t forget to also check out these passion quotes that will help you find your place in life.
Enthusiasm quotes from athletes
1. “Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.” – Pele
2. “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” – Michael Jordan
3. “Willie Mays could throw better, and Hank Aaron could hit more home runs. But I’ve got enthusiasm. I’ve got desire. I’ve got hustle. Those are God-given talents, too.” – Pete Rose
Enthusiasm quotes from Coaches
4. “Industriousness is unattainable without enthusiasm” – John Wooden
5. “Nothing has ever been accomplished in any walk of life without enthusiasm, without motivation, and without perseverance.” – Jim Valvano
6. “Enthusiasm brushes off upon those with whom you come in contact.” – John Wooden
7. “If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.” – Vince Lombardi
8. “Others may have more ability than you, they may be larger, faster, quicker, better jumpers … but no one should be your superior in respect to team spirit, loyalty, enthusiasm, cooperation, determination, industriousness, fight effort, and character.” – John Wooden
9. “How do you go from where you are to where you wanna be? And I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal. And you have to be willing to work for it.” – Jim Valvano
10. “I am a positive-energy, enthusiasm type of a coach and I’m going to spread that to everybody that will feel it.” – Frank Vogel
11. “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” – Bobby Knight
12. “When I prepared my original Success Pyramid years ago, I put industriousness and enthusiasm as the two cornerstones with loyalty right in the middle of the pyramid” – John Wooden
13. “If you lack enthusiasm for your job, you cannot perform to the best of your ability.” – John Wooden
Enthusiasm quotes from Business People
14. “The real secret to success is enthusiasm.” – Walter Chrysler
15. “Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars.” – Henry Ford
16. “A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.” – Charles Schwab
17. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
18. “Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas.” – Henry Ford
19. “I consider my ability to arouse enthusiasm among men the greatest asset I possess. The way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab
20. “I’m an investor in a number of biotech companies, partly because of my incredible enthusiasm for the great innovations they will bring.” – Bill Gates
21. “To recruit staff, I traveled all over the country talking with people who had been working on one or another aspect of the atomic-energy enterprise and people in radar work, for example, and underwater sound, telling them about the job, the place that we are going to, and enlisting their enthusiasm.” – Robert Oppenheimer
Enthusiasm quotes from Artists
22. “Enthusiasm is the most important thing in life.” – Tennessee Williams
23. “Enthusiasm is a form of social courage.” – Grethen Rubin
24. “Enthusiasm… the sustaining power of all great action.” – Samuel Smiles
25. “Indeed, there is an eloquence in true enthusiasm that is not to be doubted.” – Washington Irving
26. “I do have a childlike enthusiasm at times. I certainly enjoy life and get pleasure sometimes in childish things.” – Brian Baumgartner
27. “Dogs have boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a dog as a life coach.” – Moby
28. “True enthusiasm is a fine feeling whose flash I admire wherever I see it.” – Charlotte Bronte
29. “Even in my stand-up, there’s a lot more positivity and enthusiasm rather than negative, I-hate-everything vibes.” – Aziz Ansari
30. “Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.” – Alduous Huxley
32. “None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.” – Henry David Thoreau
33. “If you can give your child only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.” – Bruce Barton
34. “Fires can’t be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks.” – James Baldwin
35. “Everything I read about hitting a midlife crisis was true. I had such a struggle letting go of youthful things and learning how to exist and have enthusiasm while settling into the comfort of an older age.” – David Bowie
Enthusiasm quotes from Politicians
36. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
37. “Enthusiasm for a cause sometimes warps judgment.” – Wiliam Howard Taft
38. “There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism.” – Alexander Hamilton
39. “The problem is, of course, that these interest groups are all asking for changes, but their enthusiasm for change rapidly disappears when it affects the core of their own interests.” – Angela Merkel
40. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
41. “I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.” – Steve Irwin
42. “It is unfortunate, considering that enthusiasm moves the world, that so few enthusiasts can be trusted to speak the truth.” – Arthur Balfour
43. “I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together.”- Queen Elizabeth II
44. “But by reading them again and again finally I was able to grasp the essential part. What emotion, enthusiasm, enlightenment and confidence they communicated to me! I wept for joy.” – Ho Chi Min
Enthusiasm quotes from Scientists
45. “I am often amazed at how much more capability and enthusiasm for science there is among elementary school youngsters than among college students.” – Carl Sagan
46. “I can’t tell you how many people say they were turned off from science because of a science teacher that completely sucked out all the inspiration and enthusiasm they had for the course.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
47. “An enthusiasm about psychiatry is preposterous—it shows one just hasn’t grown up; but at the same time, for the psychiatrist to be indifferent toward his work is fatal.” – Henry Stack Sullivan
48. “Anatomists have ever been engaged in contention. And indeed, if a man has not such a degree of enthusiasm, and love of the art, as will make him impatient of unreasonable opposition and of encroachments upon his discoveries and his reputation, he will hardly become considerable in Anatomy or in any branch of natural knowledge.” – William Hunter
49. “At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important” – MC Escher
50. “Every discipline must be honored for reason other than its utility, otherwise it yields no enthusiasm for industry.” – Johann Friedrich Herbart
What did you learn from these enthusiasm quotes?
What are you currently enthusiastic about? For some people, the key to having more joy is being enthusiastic about enthusiasm. It is important that we are excited about pursuing what we love.
There is a fire inside all of us and we get to determine if that fire provides us energy to pursue what we love; or will we disappoint ourselves and let it burn out?
As the brilliant James Baldwin notes “Fires can’t be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks.”
Some define abundance as the ability to do what you need to do when you need to do it. Enthusiasm is the key to finding that abundance and making the most of it.
We cannot always control what happens, however, we can control how we respond to what happens. If we let our enthusiasm serve as our guide, we will naturally find our way.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these enthusiasm quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 26, 2021 7:00 AM EST