If you have ever tried to argue with someone who will not listen to logic, then you can relate to these arguing with idiots quotes!
Arguing with idiots is not only tiring and stressful, but it is also a complete waste of time.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The wisdom in this quote tells us that instead of convincing an idiot or a difficult person of any logic, they are much more likely to frustrate you and cause you to do or say something that drags you down to their level.
In fact, Twain ends the quote by letting you know that those types of people have experience acting as they do, and because they won’t ever listen to logic, you can’t change their minds.
Take a few minutes to read these arguing with idiots quotes to see how much of a waste of time it is to engage in these arguments.
Best Arguing with Idiots Quotes
Here are some of the top quotes about arguing with idiots.
1. “Never fight a group of idiots; face them one by one.” — Santosh Kumar
2. “The world dread nothing so much as being convinced of their errors.” — William Hazlitt
3. “The world is full of idiots. It’s up to you to not be one of them.” — April Cheek
4. “Arguing with a fool only proves that there are two.” — Doris M. Smith
5. “I awoke, only to see that the rest of the world is still asleep.” — Leonardo da Vinci
6. “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” — George Carlinos
7. “Don’t answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.” — Proverbs 26:4
8. “Before you think you are surrounded by idiots, make sure that you don’t suffer from narcissism.” — Giannis Delimits
9. “Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” — Mark Twain
10. “Arguing with ignorance is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are, the bird is going to knock the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it’s victorious.” — Scott D. Weitzenhoffer
Funny Arguing with Idiots Quotes
These quotes about stupid people will make you laugh.
11. “They say even death can’t cure an idiot.” — Tite Kubo
12. “I declare that everything you are saying is stupid.” — April Ludgate
13. “Remember, life is too short to be spent dancing with idiots.” — Carew Papritz
14. “I simply refuse to deal with idiots…It has cut my social obligations in half.” — Julie Quinn
15. “I hate stupid people. They should have to wear signs that just say, ‘I’m stupid.’” — Bill Engvall
16. “I can normally tell how intelligent a man is by how stupid he thinks I am.” — Cormac McCarthy
17. “No. I’m listening. It just takes me a minute to process that much stupid all at once.” — Sheldon
18. “I’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are.” — Mark Cuban
19. “If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” — Scott Adams
20. “The real problem of the world is that the number of the current idiots is much greater than the intellectuals of the past decade altogether.” — Kambiz Shabankare
Arguing with Idiots Quotes to Make You Think
Reflect on these quotes before arguing with the less intelligent people around you.
21. “There’s bigots in every race, creed, and orientation. Idiocy is universal.” — Andrea Speed
22. “Arguing with someone who lacks intelligence is like administering medicine to the dead.” — Thomas Paine
23. “A fool is made more of a fool when their mouth is more open than their mind.” — Anthony Liccione
24. “The real war is not between the West and the East. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.” — Marjane Satrapi
25. “Be sure to answer the foolish arguments of fools, or they will become wise in their own estimation.” — Provers 26:5
26. “Only idiots are confident. It requires a great amount of wisdom and knowledge to be confused.” — Abhishek Leela Pandey
27. “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
28. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” — Albert Einstein
29. “Sometimes to be calm and composed is the greatest weapon against fools and idiots. Agreeing with their stupidity renders them helpless and powerless.” — Dr. Lucas D. Shallua
30. “People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don’t realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.” — Bill Watterson
Why It’s Not Worth Arguing with Idiots Quotes
These quotes show why it’s better to save yourself time instead of arguing with stupid people.
31. “I have a hard time arguing with stupid people.” — Carl Hart
32. “Avoid and ignore the idiots who try to bring you down in life; they are not worth your time.” — Ken Poirot
33. “Always remember… Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
34. “Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.” — Proverbs 26: 12
35. “When your madness is creative and necessary, people will not notice the fact that you are crazy.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
36. “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.” — Charles Bukowski
37. Stupid people do make me lose my temper, and most people are stupid; fortunately for me, it’s made it easier for me to make a living.” — Albert Gubay
38. “Sometimes the truth is so deep that it takes someone with the same depth to see it, while others can’t see past the level they have never moved from.” — Shannon L. Adler
39. “The great drawback of being witty is that you have to keep your eyes fixed on the semi-idiots around you and absorb their worthless sensations.” — Stendhal
40. “Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community … but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It’s the invasion of the idiots.” — Umberto Eco
Political Arguing with Idiots Quotes
When it comes to politics, both sides think the other is compromised of idiots, as shown in these quotes.
41. “Stupid people are ruining America.” — Herman Cain
42. “Control the language, and you control the argument.” — Glenn Beck
43. “Politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.” — Charles de Gaulle
44. “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.” — Will Rogers
45. “Nations are born in the hearts of poets; they prosper and die in the hands of politicians.” — Muhammad Iqbal
46. “Politics works on the principle that an idiot who knows more idiots is an intelligent.” — Thiruman Archunan
47. “I’ve never been so happy to have a stupid president. Imagine how much damage he could do with a brain.” — Thor Benson
48. “Three groups spend other people’s money: children, thieves, politicians. All three need supervision.” — Dick Armey
49. “The problem with being conservative: 99% of your victories consist of saying “no” to the ideas that idiots want to adopt.” — Brett Stevens
50. “Democrats are dumb, and Republicans are stupid, but the difference between dumb and stupid is dumb isn’t funny. Dumb is when you say something and the whole room goes, ‘What did he say?’” — Lewis Black
How to Stop An Argument With An Idiot
You should not let yourself be taken advantage of, but wasting your time arguing with idiots is not worth your time.
If you want to either avoid arguments with idiots or get out of them, then here are some tips:
- Avoid conversations where people have strong opinions
- Make a decision to stay calm no matter what and give a calm, clear response before you end the argument
- Walk away—sometimes this is the best choice
- Be direct by saying, I know how you feel, and you know how I feel; let’s change the subject
Please share these arguing with idiots quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about arguing with idiots in the comment section below.