Our latest collection of inspirational faith quotes that will inspire you to keep believing in your dreams.
Faith can be defined as “being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” It is the understanding, deep down within, that things will turn out all right for us no matter what the situation might be.
Whether you acknowledge it or not, faith is an important part of life. If we didn’t have faith, life would cease to have meaning.
We would not be able to move from one moment to the next without doubting every last thing that we did.
Life can get tough at times. When things get remarkably difficult, it’s faith that keeps us going. It gives us strength in times of weakness and illuminates the pathway in times of darkness.
The reason why having faith is so important is that it powerfully convinces you that everything will go according to plan. That’s why without faith we are nothing.
To encourage you to have strong faith in a positive outcome and fight for your dreams, here are some inspirational faith quotes, faith sayings, and faith proverbs.
Don’t forget to also check out these depression quotes on mental health to help you feel understood.
Inspirational faith quotes and sayings on being blessed
1. Life is full of happiness and tears; be strong and have faith. – Kareena Kapoor Khan
2. Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible. – Mary McLeod Bethune
3. The Lord is faithful to those who are faithful and earnestly seek Him. – Ben Lance
4. Faith is unquestioning belief. – Ronald Hopfer
5. Faith gives you inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life. – Gregory Peck
6. Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish. – Brad Henry
7. “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”― C.S. Lewis
8. Faith is building on what you know is here so you can reach what you know is there. – Cullen Hightower
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of Sunday quotes that will inspire you and fill you with positivity.
9. My faith didn’t remove the pain, but it got me through the pain. Trusting God didn’t diminish or vanquish the anguish, but it enabled me to endure it. – Robert Rogers
10. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Inspirational faith quotes to give you inner strength
11. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
12. A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being. – James E. Faust
13. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “It is the things that we go through that prove our faith and test our godly character.”- Scott F Neve
15. Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. – Voltaire
16. I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors. – Joel Osteen
17. “Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” ― Max Lucado
18. “Keep faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up hope.” – Anonymous
19. “If one has faith, one has everything.” – Ramakrishna
20. “If you lose faith, you lose all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Also, check these Christian quotes to inspire faith and love.
Inspirational faith quotes to help take away your fears
21. “Don’t be afraid to step out in faith for God.” – Olivia Hope
22. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”― Corrie ten Boom
23. “Choose faith instead of fear and life will become a lot more fun.” – Dave Willis
24. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” –Mother Teresa (see other inspirational Mother Teresa quotes)
25. “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” ― Paulo Coelho
26. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” ― Joseph Campbell
27. “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” ― J.M. Barrie
28. “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” —Elisabeth Elliot
29. “God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.” —A.W. Tozer
30. “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Inspirational faith quotes and saying to get you through pain and difficulties
31. “Otherwise without faith it becomes very difficult to keep pushing forward every day.” – Darrin Wiggins
32. “Let us keep moving,” I urged them, “with the faith that what we are doing is right, and with the even greater faith that God is with us in the struggle.” – Martin Luther King Jr
33. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love these deep quotes that will change how you see the world.
34. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” ― William Faulkner
35. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” ― Pablo Neruda
36. “Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.” – Kahlil Gibran
37. “Great things happen to those who don’t stop believing, trying, learning, and being grateful.” – Roy T. Benne
38. “Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.” – Rabindranath Tagore
39. “It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
40. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” – Roopleen
More inspirational faith quotes and sayings
41. “Worrying is arrogant because God knows what He’s doing.” —Barbara Cameron
42. “Have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” – Roy T. Bennett
43. “Reason is in fact the path to faith, and faith takes over when reason can say no more.” – Thomas Merton
44. “Doubt isn’t the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.” – Paul Tillich
45. There is never a moment when God is not in control. Relax! He’s got you covered. – Mandy Hale
46. Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look there. – M. Antoniinus
47. “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods” – C.S. Lewis
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these amazing Angel quotes to bring out the good in you.
48. To fear is to expect punishment. To love is to know we are immersed, not in darkness, but in light – Mother Teresa
49. “You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” – Mary Manin Morrissey
50. “Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” – Kahlil Gibran
Uplifting faith quotes to inspire you
51. “Faith is a recognition of those things which are above the sense.” – Henry Ward Beech
52. “Reason is our soul’s left hand, Faith her right.” ~John Donne
53. “Faith is a choice to trust God even when the road ahead seems uncertain.” – Dave Willis
54. “Faith is believing that the outcome will be what it should be, no matter what it is.” ~Colette Baron-Reid
55. “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” – Thomas Aquinas
56. “Do not be afraid; our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.”-
57. “If you will believe and stay in faith, and expect good things, you too can defy the odds.” – Joel Osteen
58. “Faith that lives on emotion dies with emotion. Faith that is rooted, not in how we feel but in how we live, survives the emotional roller coaster of the holiday seasons.” – S. Joseph Krempa
59. “Faith is not merely hope, and it must be more than belief; faith is a knowing of the heart.” – Rev. Floyd and M. Elaine Flake
60. “Faith is a firm trust and conviction that sometimes if God doesn’t give you what you think you want, it’s not because you don’t deserve it, but because you deserve better.” – David A. R. White
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of God quotes that will help you find direction and purpose.
Faith quotes to inspire hope and love
61. “To me faith means not worrying.” ~John Dewey
62. “Feed your faith and your fear will starve.” – Anonymous
63. “Of course I doubt. I do not practice a certainty. I practice a faith.” ~Robert Brault
64. “See the best. Forgive the worst. Forget the bad. Always have faith.” – Melissa Eshleman
65. “In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t.” ~Blaise Pascal
66. “Be believing, be happy, don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.”
– Gordon B. Hinckley
67. “Every man should believe in something. If not… he would doubt everything, even himself.” – Toba Beta
68. “When fear knocks, let faith answer the door.” – Robin Roberts
69. “By faith, we believe God provides and we hold to the truth that He will not lie.”- Lynn R. Davis
70. “Sometimes the only means of transportation is a leap of faith.” – Susan J. Decuir
You might also like these grace quotes to feed your soul.
Faith quotes to inspire and teach
71. “Hearing how God is moving in other places encourages and inspires our faith for what God wants to do in our own corner of the world.” – Matt Brown
72. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
73. “When you have faith in God, you don’t have to worry about the future. You just know it’s all in His hands. You just go to and do your best.” – Elder Bryan
74. “God delights in answering the prayer of faith.” – K. P. Yohannan
75. “It’s worth taking a risk when motivated by faith in God’s Word.” – Ruben Barreto
76. “Choosing a life of faith and the salvation of our souls requires that we let go of many things in this world.” – John Paul Thomas
77. “When we in faith embrace Christ as our Lord and Savior, our minds are transformed.” – John MacArthur Jr.
78. “Faith is unseen but felt, faith is strength when we feel we have none, faith is hope when all seems lost.” – Catherine Pulsifer
79. “Faith is not the power of positive thinking; it is believing in God and trusting that His will is always best even when you cannot understand why.” – Shari Howerton
80. “Our faith comes in moments . . . yet there is a depth in those brief moments which constrains us to ascribe more reality to them than to all other experiences.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t forget to also read our collection of quotes about losing a loved one to help you express the feelings behind loss.
More faith quotes and sayings
81. “All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” – J.M. Barrie
82. “I have great faith in fools – self-confidence my friends will call it.” – Edgar Allan Poe
83. “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” – Soren Kierkegaard
84. “Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” – Mitch Albom
85. “We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone.” – Martin Luther
86. “The moment God is figured out with nice neat lines and definitions, we are no longer dealing with God.” – Rob Bell
87. “You were made by God and for God and until you understand that, life will never make sense.” – Rick Warren
88. “Faith ― acceptance of which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.” – Dan Brown
89. “God is our defender, we know no defeat.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
90. “Life is neither for feast nor fun but defender living.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Faith quotes to encourage you
91. “Don’t let the lions stop you from living. Face them with faith.” – Sadie Robertson, Live: remain alive, be alive at a specified time, have an exciting or fulfilling life
92. “God will never give you anything you can’t handle, so don’t stress.” – Kelly Clarkson
93. “God continues to work miracles in my life.” – Willie Aames
94. “Faith is about trusting God when you have unanswered questions.” – Joel Osteen
95. “No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God. God loves you! He wants you to live with victory over sin so you can possess His promises for your life today!” – Joyce Meyer
96. “We all face storms in life. Some are more difficult than others, but we all go through trials and tribulation. That’s why we have the gift of faith.” – Joyce Meyer
97. “Sometimes all you need is a big leap of faith.” – Sean Bean
98. “Obedience is the fruit of faith.” – Christina Rossetti
99. “After I became confident in Him it didn’t matter what anyone said because I was confident in something and someone way bigger than myself.” – Sadie Robertson
100. “God has -done a complete work in my life, and I know He wants to do the same for you.” – Sadie Robertson
Which faith quotes were your favorites?
Even though life is unpredictable, having faith allows us to access a source of strength and hope that would otherwise not be reachable.
Hopefully, these faith quotes have inspired you to have strong faith that things will go according to plan and encouraged you to fight for your dreams.
Did you enjoy these inspirational faith quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, if you have any other faith quotes to share with us don’t hesitate to mention them.
February 15, 2022 5:30 AM EST