Mark Cuban quotes on Everyday Power Blog!
You might know Mark Cuban from one of my favorite shows, Shark Tank.
Or, as the outspoken owner of the Dallas Mavericks owner.
However, you know Mark Cuban, you know he’s a straight talker, very honest and truly loves what he does.
We hope you enjoy this collection of some of our favorite Mark Cuban quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Mark Cuban Quotes
1. Creating opportunities means looking where others are not. – Mark Cuban
2. It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Everyone is looking for their big break. How you get there, though, is through a series of failures. These failures teach you what you need to know to be ‘right.’ Mark is right, you only have to right once, so don’t give up! Keep learning and trying your best.
3. Treat your customers like they own you. Because they do. – Mark Cuban
4. I create offbeat advice; I don’t follow it. I rarely take third-party advice on my investments. – Mark Cuban
5. Money is a scoreboard where you can rank how you’re doing against other people. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Sure, money is important, and it just math so a scorecard might be an accurate visual. However, there is more to life than money. Also, comparing yourself to others can be detrimental to your well being. If you want to be wealthy, don’t compare yourself to those with more money than you. Learn to do what they do instead!
Mark Cuban Quotes on entrepreneurship
6. Everyone is passionate about something. Usually more than one thing. We are born with it. – Mark Cuban
7. Find something you love to do. If you don’t make money at it, at least you love going to work. – Mark Cuban
8. The thrill of victory in business blows away the thrill of victory in sports. Business is a sport 24/7/365. – Mark Cuban
9. The only thing any entrepreneur, salesperson, or anyone in any position can control is their effort. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: There are many things in life beyond our control. Effort is not one of them! The amount of work you put into something, the amount of sacrifice you are willing to make, and how far you are willing to push yourself is all within your control. Instead of worrying about things that you do not control, focus your energy on increasing your effort.
10. Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Sure, this is not going to be good for your mental health. It is stressful, and sounds exhausting. However, this is the kind of work and sacrifice that is behind almost all successful people. Do you want to reach Mark Cuban status? Then be prepared to put in a crazy amount of work!
Mark Cuban Quotes about success and life
11. Social media is just a platform. Twitter is a very simple and immediate broadcast platform. Facebook is a very personal, when it comes to friends and when it comes to fan pages, a little bit less but still somewhat personal way to communicate. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Remember that social media can be a tool or used for fun. It does not define your life, or prove that anyone is better off than you are. Enjoy the ability to network or connect, but don’t lose yourself!
12. I love to compete. To me, business is the ultimate sport. It’s always on. There is always someone trying to beat me. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Life is also the ultimate sport. There is always going to be someone who is trying to beat you. Chances are you may never even meet these people. They are working hard, taking risks, and trying to reach their dreams. They don’t know who you are either, they are just out there trying to win. It doesn’t do any good to compare yourself to someone you don’t know. Compare yourself to who you were six months ago instead, and keep working.
13. When you’ve got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: We all have something that sets us apart from everyone else. With plenty of people out there trying to do the same thing you are, you are going to have to discover your uniqueness. What do you bring to the table that no one else does?
14. I worked hard and smarter than most people in the businesses I have been in.
It’s not in the dreaming, it’s in the doing. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: The dream is important because it motivates you and shows you a glimpse of what the future could look like. However, the only way to get there is in the doing. You will never write that book if you don’t start typing words on the page. You can’t win the lottery without buying a ticket. Take one actionable step toward your goals everyday.
15. Doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full. All that matters is that you are the one pouring the water. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Take control of your life. Remember that you can not control what other people do, but you can control your words, thoughts, and actions. While you are doing that, a little optimism wouldn’t hurt. Just don’t be afraid to grab your glass and put some water in it!
16. Wherever I see people doing something the way it’s always been done, the way it’s ‘supposed’ to be done, following the same old trends, well, that’s just a big red flag to me to go look somewhere else. – Mark Cuban
Quotes by Mark Cuban about passion and determination
17. What I’ve learned in these 11 years is you just got to stay focused and believe in yourself and trust your own ability and judgment. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: How many of your dreams have you missed out on because you were distracted or didn’t think you had what it takes? The truth is that you deserve all the good things your heart desires, and you are capable of making them happen. It might not be easy, but trust the process and yourself and you will get there!
18. Because if you’re prepared and you know what it takes, it’s not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: People things things are risky for two reasons: they are unprepared and don’t have all the information or they are so focused on what they have to lose. You can do two things right now to make taking risks a little less, well, risky. First, do your research, ask the questions, and find a mentor. Second, ask yourself what you have to gain, not what you have to lose!
19. There are always going to be things we love to do. That we dream about doing. That we really, really want to do with our lives. Those passions aren’t worth a nickel. – Mark Cuban
20. I’m a believer that you accomplish much, much more with direct relationships than by using an intermediary. And that cash you keep in the bank can be the difference between staying alive as a small business, or not. – Mark Cuban
More Mark Cuban quotes about success
21. What I do know, at least what I think I have learned from my experiences in business, is that when there is a rush for everyone to do the same thing, it becomes more difficult to do. Not easier. Harder. – Mark Cuban
22. It’s not about money or connections — it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone… And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.
We are acting in the best interests of shareholders. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Are you willing to outwork others, but more importantly, are you willing to outwork the person you were yesterday? The same question can be asked about learning new things. If want to truly do your best then that includes making some kind of sacrifices and doing things that are hard. You must be willing to push yourself in order to discover what the best you are capable of is.
23. Open offices keep everyone in tune with what is going on and keep the energy up. If an employee is about privacy, show him or her how to use the lock on the bathroom. – Mark Cuban
24. Once you have found out what you love to do, there is only one goal: to be the best in the world at it. – Mark Cuban
25. It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: This is great advice if you are a business owner or work in customer service. However, it is also just good life advice. Being empathetic and respectful of how others feel will improve all your relationships.
26. Always wake up with a smile knowing that today you are going to have fun accomplishing what others are too afraid to do. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Be grateful everyday that you wake up because it is another chance to achieve your dreams. Yesterday does not count anymore, but you can use the lessons to create a better today. Don’t let fear hold you back. What truly sets successful people apart is their ability to take risks and go after what they want in spite of the fear they may feel.
27. Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don’t do it. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Find your passion. Do what leaves you feeling fulfilled. And be prepared to work hard, make sacrifices, and face some battles along the way. However, if it matters you will stick with it, and then one day, you can cash in all that sweat equity.
Mark Cuban Quotes
28. What I’ve learned is that if you really want to be successful at something, you’ll find that you put the time in. You won’t just ask somebody if it’s a good idea, you’ll go figure out if it’s a good idea. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Some of the truest words ever spoken are: if you want it, you will do it. The only limits we have are those we place on ourselves. Put in the work, do what needs to be done, and you will see just how great your ideas are…even if you have to go through a few of them before finding the best one!
29. Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you love. If you have an exit strategy, it’s not an obsession. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: This is simply based off his other advice. You are not going to want to work as hard as you need to if you are not obsessed. Like unhealthily obsessed. No ‘Plan B.’ Just a desire like none other to make your business successful.
30. Being rich is a good thing. Not just in the obvious sense of benefitting you and your family, but in the broader sense. Profits are not a zero sum game. The more you make, the more of a financial impact you can have. – Mark Cuban
Everyday Application: Of course, it is easy for everyone to see how being rich would be beneficial. However, many of us overlook even just the basics of improving our finances. Start with understanding financial literacy and then work on building your wealth.
31. I’ve learned the number one job of a pro manager is not to win championships but to keep their job. – Mark Cuban
32. Make sure you are the boss. I don’t think I would encourage executives that work for me to blog. There can be only 1 public vision for an organization. – Mark Cuban
Which Mark Cuban quote was your favorite?
July 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST