These Asthma quotes will relate to those that deal with this lung disease.
According to my.clevelandclinic.org, asthma “is a lung disease. Your airways get narrow and swollen and are blocked by excess mucus.”
You might also enjoy these related articles:
When triggered, asthma can make breathing difficult and cause the sufferer to cough or wheeze with shortness of breath.
What are some symptoms of asthma:
- You cannot catch your breath – shortness of breath is a common symptom of asthma when the condition is triggered
- Chest tightness – when your body is trying to get more air into your lungs but cannot, your chest can feel tighter
- Coughing or wheezing – both of these are normal to asthma sufferers and can be triggered by intense exercise, allergies, or even stress.
Take a few minutes to read these Asthma quotes and learn more about this lung disease.
Asthma Quotes About the Struggles of Asthma
Asthma is often more serious than the media says it to be.
1. “As a child, I had terrible asthma.” — Martin Scorsese
2. “Gluten sensitivity may also cause asthmatic attacks.” — Shari Lieberman
3. “It’s hard to explain to people what it’s like to have asthma.” — Tonya Bolden
4. “Uncontrolled asthma can certainly be responsible for poor growth in children.” — Mark Levy
5. “After working in high altitude astronomy, I was diagnosed with asthma and allergies.” — Steven Magee
6. “Once you have asthma, you have it for life. You might not always be symptomatic.” — Roberta Fahey
7. “I’ve got asthma. When I was 17, I forgot to take my medication and was taken to a hospital for almost two weeks.” — Ville Valo
8. “I had asthma when I was a kid, asthma so bad that it would turn into pneumonia, and I almost died several times.” — Don McLean
9. “If you have asthma, you know how it feels when you can’t catch your breath. You feel like you’re suffocating like you’re drowning in air.” — Rachel Snyder
10. “Asthma is a disease that has almost touched everyone in some way, whether personally or through a friend or family member. It is a very personal disease, and everyone’s experience with it is different.” — Mary Harris
Asthma Quotes All About the Disease
Here are some quotes that revolve around asthma.
11. “Asthma makes the strong stronger.” — Dr. Lisa Littlejohn
12. “Asthma is treatable and well can be controlled.” — Cathy Freeman
13. “Yet, like the asthmatic struggling for breath, so the lover must struggle for words.” — T.S. Eliot
14. “You have to take asthma seriously. People do not realize the stress our bodies go under.” — Mark Cavendish
15. “Asthma attack: a technique to coach women through their contractions, induced by fear of the result.” — Bauvard
16. “There are few restrictions on your life with asthma, as long as you take care of yourself.” — Jackie Joyner-Kersee
17. “People with asthma are advised to carry an inhaler containing rescue medicine with them at all times.” — Peter Kogler
18. “Asthma research is a lot better, and new medicines are always coming out to help young people.” — Dominique Wilkins
19. “Asthma doesn’t seem to bother me anymore unless I’m around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar.” — Steve Allen
20. “When elected officials abandon our environment and ruin our natural resources, public health is endangered. I know the importance of providing a clean environment for our children; I have attended more than one funeral for a child who has died from an asthma attack.” — Gwen Moore
Asthma Quotes to Make You Think
Take a look at these thought-provoking quotes about asthma.
21. “Breathe. Let go.” — Oprah Winfrey
22. “The question is not how to get cured, but how to live.” — Joseph Conrad
23. “I developed atopic asthma after living an allergy-free life until my forties.” — Steven Magee
24. “As long as they are medicated the right way with the asthma medicine, they won’t have any problems.” — Dominique Wilkins
25. “When you’re having an asthma attack, you don’t have any breath. When you don’t have any breath, it’s hard to speak.” — Etgar Keret
26. “In the middle of my run, I had some form of asthma attack and couldn’t even walk. I couldn’t get a ride one block to my house.” — Esai Morales
27. “You’re limited by the amount of air you can spend from your lungs. That’s not much, something between three to six words.” — Etgar Keret
28. “At the age of 15 months, my daughter was diagnosed with very bad asthma, and essentially I put my career on hold for a good eight years.” — Paula Cole
29. “What people need to know is that asthma isn’t a minor ‘wheeze-disease.’ It kills over five thousand people in America every year, and I could’ve been one of them.” — Jackie Joyner-Kersee
30. “Doctors are told, begged, by mothers, ‘Please don’t write down that my child has asthma. Please lie and say it’s bronchitis because if you write down asthma when my child turns 18 or 20 and has to get his or her own insurance, it will be a pre-existing condition.’” — Barbara Boxer
Asthma Quotes From Celebrities With Asthma
Even celebrities struggle with asthma, as seen in the following quotes.
31. “I’ve got asthma.” — David Beckham
32. “Does anyone else have asthma? Make some noise for asthma!” — Harry Styles
33. “Those who know me well know that I’m an asthmatic. I mean, what’s to hide?” — Priyanka Jonas Chopra
34. “I’m still a farm boy at heart. If I hadn’t suffered from asthma as a child, I would be a farmer today.” — Jim Davis
35. “In the old days, I could scream and punch my way through it, but now it wouldn’t be fair to my fans.” — Billy Joel
36. “I had asthma for a while, and people just kind of started calling us the Inhalers. It was something that stuck.” — Bono
37. “I had severe asthma and kidney problems and would get 105-degree fevers. I actually almost had to go on dialysis for my kidneys.” — Jessica Alba
38. “I’ve had really, really bad asthma to the point where sometimes I end up in the hospital. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I couldn’t breathe.” — Pink
39. “When I was a kid, I had asthma, so I would have to take cod liver oil all the time. So anything fishy that reminds me of that taste, I can’t eat.” — Tyler Perry
40. “I was having a bunch of asthma attacks that led up to that, and I was going through a time where I was over-scheduling myself and not taking time for myself.” — Lindsay Lohan
More Asthma Quotes
Enjoy more of the best asthma quotes.
41. “The more you breathe, the more you feel.” — Isabel Losada
42. “Being an athlete in a cold-weather sport is really difficult to deal with the asthma.” — Charlie White
43. “Growing up, I had a hair condition where my hair would fall out easily, and I had bad asthma.” — Paige Spiranac
44. “That’s at stupid as saying there is no reason to have asthma or there is no reason to have the measles.” — Stephen Fry
45. “I’m an asthmatic, so if you want to ask someone about asthma, ask a doctor. I’m asthmatic, but I’m not an expert on it.” — Anh Do
46. “There is one way of breathing that is shameful and constricted. Then there’s another way; a breath of love that takes you all the way to infinity.” — Rumi
47. “A lot of the problems in society nowadays are down to diet and lifestyle – be that obesity, diabetes, asthma caused by smoking or drinking.” — Jeremy Kyle
48. “Probably induced by the asthma, I started reading and writing early on, my literary efforts from the age of about nine running chiefly to poetry and plays.” — Patrick White
49. “To stop smoking was actually really easy because I had already started to cut down. My husband is asthmatic, and he just can’t for the life of him imagine why anybody would put smoke in their mouth, so he really helped me to start cutting down.” — Holly Marie Combs
50. “As someone who lives with adult-onset asthma, I know how bad air quality in the capital has become. I want to be the greenest mayor London has ever had – it is not acceptable that 10,000 people die in London every year because our air is so filthy.” — Sadiq Khan
What Can I Do If I Suffer From Asthma?
Although asthma cannot be cured, the symptoms can be controlled by using the correct medication prescribed by your doctor.
Additionally, you can keep your body fit so that your lungs do not have to work as hard, avoid smoking, avoid any triggers such as stress or anxiety, and learn how to use your inhaler.
Please share these Asthma quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about asthma in the comment section below.