These Tyler Perry quotes will inspire and motivate you to reach your highest potential.
Tyler Perry is a world-renowned writer, actor, producer, and director who’s built something few have achieved – a black media empire. His esteemed career has produced 21 theatrical plays, nine TV shows, 22 films and huge box-office numbers.
Perry’s achievements were recognized at the 2019 BET awards, where he received the Ultimate Icon Award. As actress Taraji P. Henson presented the actor-writer-director with the award, she described him as a “brilliant visionary that embodies what the African-American dream truly is.”
Besides his on-screen production, Perry has shown a commitment to create fair opportunities for performers behind the scenes, and to empower others in his community. He chose to build his studio in one of Atlanta’s poor neighborhoods to show young black children that they too could succeed.
Despite having had a difficult childhood where he suffered years of abuse, Perry has built an empire that has attracted audiences and built communities. He is a perfect example of the American dream.
In his honor, and to inspire you to reach your full potential, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting Tyler Perry quotes, collected from a variety of sources.
Enjoy reading these quotes, and once you’re done, be sure to also check out our list of quotes by Martin Scorsese from his amazing film career.
Tyler Perry Quotes on Owning Your Dreams
1. “If you spread the water across many, many seeds, you don’t have as much water for one seed.” – Tyler Perry
2. “We don’t have wait for somebody to green light our projects, we can create our own intersections.” – Tyler Perry
3. “Ideas are like wild horses in my head sometimes, and they’re all over each other.” –Tyler Perry
4. “All of the power that you have and all of the strength that you have and all the ideas that you have are in or born in your uniqueness.” – Tyler Perry
5. “Focus on one thing, make it your priority and stick with it no matter what.” –Tyler Perry
6. “Sometimes you have to be hidden, sometimes people are not supposed to recognize you.” – Tyler Perry
7. “I’m a student of life and everyday something in my life is reminding me of something that I can write about.” – Tyler Perry
8. “Everything that happens to you can work for your good if you let it.” –Tyler Perry
9. “My only idea, my only focus was to do my one play, and I knew if could get that to work everything would come to pass.” – Tyler Perry
10. “Focus on one thing, one area. Put all of your energy into watering one area.” – Tyler Perry
Tyler Perry quotes on determination and reaching goals
11. “If you’re trying to get there, you cannot stop believing.” – Tyler Perry
12. “When something is for you, there is a feeling deep inside you that will not allow you to let it go.” – Tyler Perry
13. “I wanna know why. Why is it done that way. Is there a better way to do it.Is there another way to do it.” – Tyler Perry
14. “I’m not a rebel, but I’ve challenged the thinking.” – Tyler Perry
15. “We don’t have to be at the end of the line waiting for a handout, we can be at the front giving the hand up.” – Tyler Perry
16. “You can be born in a whole lot of a nightmare, but God can usher you into a dream.” – Tyler Perry
17. “I think it’s very very important that people have an opportunity to be the best of themselves.” – Tyler Perry
18. “Never despise small beginnings.” – Tyler Perry
19. “If you’re struggling and you’re fighting to be seen, sometimes you’re supposed to be hidden…at the right time, God we reveal you, your talents, and everything you’ve done to the world.” – Tyler Perry
20. “I like working with people who like to have fun because I don’t everything has to be serious.” – Tyler Perry
Tyler Perry quotes to help you reach your highest potential
21. “I only wanna put out good things because I only want good things to come to me.” – Tyler Perry
22. “All you can do is plant your seed in the ground, water it and believe. That’s what allowed me to be in this position right now, I would not stop believing.” – Tyler Perry
23. “Anything you want is possible, If I din’t believe it, I wouldn’t take the time to send this message to you.” – Tyler Perry
24. “When I built my studio, I built it in a neighborhood that’s one of the poorest neighborhoods in Atlanta so that young black kids can see that a black man did that and they can do it too.” – Tyler Perry
25. “The studio was once a Confederate Army base — and I want you to hear this — which meant that there were Confederate soldiers on that base, plotting and planning on how to keep 3.9 million Negroes enslaved. Now that land is owned by one Negro.” – Tyler Perry
26. “Rather than being an icon, I wanna be an inspiration.” – Tyler Perry
27. “Every dreamer in this room, there are people whose lives are tired to your dream. Own your stuff, own your business, own your way.” – Tyler Perry
28. “When I started hiring Taraji, Viola Davis and Idris Elba, they couldn’t get jobs in this town but God blessed me to be in a position to be able to hire them. I was trying to help somebody cross.” – Tyler Perry
29. “I want to own a network. I want to own a network where you can turn it on with your family all day long and get positive reinforcement.” – Tyler Perry
30. “My biggest success is getting over the things that have tried to destroy and take me out of this life. Those are my biggest successes. It has nothing to do with work.” – Tyler Perry
Tyler Perry quotes that will inspire you to be stronger and to live a better life
31. “While you’re fighting for a seat at the table, I’ll be down in Atlanta building my own.’ Because what I know for sure is that if I could just build this table, God will prepare it for me in the presence of my enemies.” – Tyler Perry
32. “Be aware of the darkness but your focus should always be the light.” – Tyler Perry
33. “Share wisdom with those who will receive it.” – Tyler Perry
34. “You give away your power when you don’t forgive.” – Tyler Perry
35. “I’m just enjoying my life. I suggest you try it.” – Tyler Perry
36. “Don’t let people change who you are, just be who you are with someone else.” – Tyler Perry
37. “You can never be upset with the people who forced you into your dream.” – Tyler Perry
38. “What I have learned in this life is, you can never be ashamed of where you come from.” – Tyler Perry
39. “You can’t make yourself happy by causing other people’s misery.” – Tyler Perry
40. “There will be rough nights but joy really does come in the morning.” – Tyler Perry
More Tyler Perry quotes to inspire and motivate you
41. “Fear is a spirit that really can stop you from living.” – Tyler Perry
42. “Be careful what you say, life and death truly are in your own words.” – Tyler Perry
43. “Are You Living or Just Existing?” – Tyler Perry
44. “People ask me all the time, how did you make it? I say it in press all the time but people cut it out…it was nothing but the grace of God.” – Tyler Perry
45. “It takes a while to build a dream.” – Tyler Perry
46. “It doesn’t matter if a million people tell you what you can’t do, or if ten million people tell you no. If you get one yes from God, that’s all you need.” – Tyler Perry
47. “You can’t build your life around hurts from the past.” – Tyler Perry
48. “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.” – Tyler Perry
49. “I don’t think dreams die – I think that people give up.” – Tyler Perry
50. “Stay in your lane and do what you’re supposed to do.” – Tyler Perry
Tyler Perry’s Powerful Speech Of Motivation As He Accepts Ultimate Icon Award at BET Awards 2019
Which of these Tyler Perry quotes was your favorite?
Tyler Perry is a modern embodiment of the American dream. Although his childhood was marked by poverty and a household scarred by abuse, he rose to built an entertainment empire that consists of successful films, plays and best-selling books.
Perry’s amazing life story connects with people across the world and inspires us to always believe in our dreams. Hopefully, his words will help you reach your highest potential.
Did you enjoy these Tyler Perry quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 8:00 AM EST