Jump back into the ’80s with these Back to the Future quotes and share your favorite line from the movie in the comments
Back to the Future is one of the most iconic sci-fi movies in box office history.
It is an American futuristic film set in 1985.
The story revolves around Marty Mcfly and Doctor Emmet “Doc” Brown as they drive a time-traveling DeLorean Car and set off for a wild adventure.
In the film, Marty accidentally travels back in 1955 and jeopardizes the course of history, precisely his very own existence, by accidentally stopping the early attempts to get his parents acquainted.
To make matters worse Lorraine, his mother becomes infatuated with Marty instead.
These Back to the Future quotes will bring you back to the heights of this exciting film.
Don’t forget to also check out these Alien quotes from the sci-fi film franchise.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Back to the Future quotes from Dr. Emmett Brown
1. “Next Saturday night, we’re sending you back to the future!” — Dr. Emmett Brown
2. “Don’t worry. As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower… everything will be fine.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
You will also enjoy our article on future quotes.
3. “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
You will also enjoy our article on atheist quotes.
4. “There’s that word again! Heavy! Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth’s gravitational pull?” — Dr. Emmett Brown
5. “If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour… you’re gonna see some serious shit.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
6. “Marty, you can’t go losing your judgment every time someone calls you a name. That’s exactly what causes you to get into that accident in the future.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
7. “Marty, the future isn’t written. It can be changed…you know that. Anyone can make their future whatever they want it to be.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
8. “Well, there are plenty worse places to be than the Old West. I could’ve ended up in the Dark Ages. They probably would have burned me at the stake as a heretic or something.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
9. “Traveling through time has become much too painful.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
10. “Clara was one in a million. One in a billion. One in a googolplex!” — Dr. Emmett Brown
11. “Time traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!” — Dr. Emmett Brown
12. “The way I see it, if you’re gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?” — Dr. Emmett Brown
13. “Good evening. I’m Doctor Emmett Brown and I’m standing here in the parking lot at Twin Pines Mall. It is Saturday morning, October 26, 1985, 1:18 A.M. and this is temporal experiment number one. Please note that Einstein’s clock is in precise synchronization with my control watch.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
14. “Marty, he’s in a ’46 Ford. We’re in a DeLorean. He’d rip through us like we were tin foil.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
15. “I’m sure that in 1985, plutonium is available at every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it’s a little hard to come by.” — Dr. Emmett Brown
Back to the Future quotes from Marty McFly
16. “Wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that my mother has got the hots for me?” — Marty McFly
17. “I guess you guys aren’t ready for that, yet. But your kids are gonna love it.” — Marty McFly
18. “Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter. If only I had more time… Wait, a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!” — Marty McFly
19. “Oh, and one more thing, if you guys ever have kids and one of them, when he’s eight years old, accidentally sets fire to the living room rug – go easy on him.” — Marty McFly
20. “Doc, I’m from the Future. I came here in a time machine that you invented. Now I need your help to get back to the year 1985.” — Marty McFly
21. “You’re not thinking fourth-dimensionally.” — Marty McFly
22. “Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one.” — Marty McFly
23. “All right. This is an oldie, but, uh… well, it’s an oldie where I come from.” — Marty McFly
24. “So you’re my Uncle Joey. Better get used to these bars, kid.” — Marty McFly
25. “Wait a minute, Doc. Ah… Are you telling me that you built a time machine… out of a DeLorean?” — Marty McFly
Which of these Back to the Future quotes is your favorite?
Marty lived a rough life with his father being bullied at work while his mother is a depressed alcoholic.
However, because of the time-traveling capability of their DeLorean Car, Marty was able to change things for the better for his family.
His father became a successful author while his mother became fit and lived a fulfilling life.
This series appeals to our deepest desire to have the ability to change the past and influence the future.
It tickles our imagination to make things right and have an alternate outcome for the things that we had.
This movie is an overall masterpiece for a light sci-fi movie that is way ahead of its time.
Hopefully, you liked these Back to the Future quotes and sayings, and of course, you can share them with your friends who are fans of the series.