If you are searching for the best Barbie quotes, this is the place for you.
Here, we have listed the most popular Barbie quotes that are worthy of sharing.
In addition, we have also discussed Barbie and the different aspects linked to it.
So, let’s dive in without any delay!
A Brief Intro to Barbie
Barbie is a trendy doll brand created in 1959 by Mattel Inc.
This doll brand has become an icon and changed how girls perceive a doll.
A Barbie doll is known for her blue eyes, signature blonde hair, and perfect figure.
Over the past decades, Barbie has seen various makeovers.
It is now available in a variety of outfits and skin tones.
Ruth Handler is the creator of Barbie.
She is the co-founder of Mattel Inc.
The idea of creating a doll came to her mind when she found that her daughter (Barbara) loves playing with dolls.
However, dolls at that time were not so attractive.
Ruth soon concluded that there was a gap in the toy market for a specific type of doll.
So, she came up with the idea to create a doll that girls can relate to with their imagination as they grow up.
It was in 1959 when the first Barbie doll was launched.
Barbie became an instant hit after being presented at the American International Toy Fair.
Reasons for the Popularity of Barbie
Here are the key reasons for the popularity of Barbie:
- Availability in a wide array of variants
- Constant evolution
- Brand recognition
- Status as a role model
- Positive messaging
Availability in a Wide Array of Variants
As a popular brand, Barbie is available in various product variants.
For instance, kids can buy their favorite Barbie character.
Various accessories are launched with Barbie images, like books, clothing, and even cartoon characters.
Over the years, Barbie has undergone various makeovers.
The Barbie doll is now available in different outfits, hairstyles, and even careers.
This helps this brand to keep up with the children of the new generation.
Barbie has been here for about six decades.
This is why it has now become a household name.
It is immediately recognized by the signature look of the brand.
Status as a Role Model
Barbie serves as an inspiration for young girls.
The dolls represent a confident and strong role model.
Barbie dolls are now portrayed as astronauts, doctors, and successful businesswomen.
You might also enjoy these Barbie movie quotes!
Top 10 Barbie Quotes
Now, let’s check out the top 10 best quotes attributed to Barbie Dolls.
1. “Barbie is just a doll.” — Mary Schmich
2. “They probably do have an Asian Barbie.” — Iris Chang
3. “I did a picture for the First Barbie doll box.” — Heather O’Rourke
4. “I’m just a Ragetty Anne in a Barbie Doll World.” — Shelley Winters
5. “Authenticity has never been Barbie’s strong suit.” — Mona Eltahawy
6. “I think they should have a Barbie with a buzz cut.” — Ellen DeGeneres
7. “You know I won’t be no stick-figure, silicone Barbie doll.” — Meghan Trainor
8. “If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?” — Steven Wright
9. “Barbie always represented the fact that a woman has choices.” — Ruth Handler
10. “I had some Barbies, but they were few and far between the mud fights.” — Stacy Dragila
Barbie Quotes on Barbie Inspiration & Influence
Discover the Power of Barbie with these inspiring quotes that shows the Barbie influence in their lives.
11. “I feel like a Barbie.” — Toni Garrn
12. “I wanted to be Barbie.” — Lydia Hearst
13. “I enjoy getting dressed as a Barbie doll.” — Vanna White
14. “I am the living Barbie Doll, how are you?” — Jeffree Star
15. “I’m the Barbie; keep a lotta plastic. Little pink stars, put em on my jacket.” — Nicki Minaj
16. “Barbie is my fashion icon. People think I’m Paris Barbie – and it’s a compliment.” — Paris Hilton
17. “Barbie has always been an inspiration. Dressing her was part of every girl’s dream.” — Reem Acra
18. “I used to be obsessed with Pearl Jam, but I love having pink hair and kind of looking like a Barbie.” — Ellie Goulding
19. “From day one, I’ve always been a girly girl. In pre-school, I loved driving around in my super Barbie car.” — Abbey Curran
20. “But there was one girl who had a big influence over me. Barbie. I worshipped Barbie. In fact, I would say Barbie was my twelve-inch plastic life coach.” — Lizz Winstead
Work-Related Barbie Quotes
See what others have said about Barbie and how they tie it to their profession by reading the quotes below.
21. “It’s hard being a Barbie doll all the time.” — Alice Ripley
22. “Stand-up was like being on a Barbie townhouse stage.” — Mario Cantone
23. “I was the original voice of Mattel’s Barbie for an ’80s claymation workout video.” — Jodi Benson
24. “I often feel like a character actress trapped inside the mean, aging Barbie’s body.” — Betty Gilpin
25. “I didn’t want to be a Barbie doll. I didn’t want to be a passive entertainer. It wasn’t how I wanted to present myself.” — Annie Lennox
26. “My first modeling job was Gap, and my first time in front of the camera was for a Soda Pop Girls commercial – it’s one of those Bratz dolls, Barbie dolls one of those.” — Hailee Steinfeld
27. “The best part about my job is that I’m pampered and always treated like a Barbie doll on the sets. But the worst part is that I have to work daily without many breaks.” — Hina Khan
28. “My first acting gig was a skit for Jay Leno on ‘The Tonight Show.’ It was this Barbie commercial where I got to pour mud all over Barbie dolls and watch the heads pop off. It was so exciting, a lot of fun.” — Brie Larson
29. “The very first job I did, a Barbie commercial when I was eight or nine, that was like, ‘Oh my God.’ Because when you’re watching things on TV, you think it’s like a fantasy. But then to actually do it and then see yourself, it’s like, ‘Oh my God.’” — Bianca Lawson
30. “I actually wanted to be a fashion designer. I did a lot with the sewing machine at home – – for Barbie or for carnival, or just for fun. Then I saw this ad in the newspaper. And as young girls sometimes do some stupid things, I filled in the coupon and sent in my photos.” — Heidi Klum
Barbie Quotes on Barbie Passion & Obsession
Some people are obsessed with Barbies and want everything related to the dolls, including their doll collections, clothes, and playing games.
31. “I was big-time into Barbie.” — Jennifer Sky
32. “I loved playing with Barbies – that’s why I didn’t stop!” — Brad Goreski
33. “I was never tomboyish. I loved Barbies. It’s just the way I grew up.” — Poppy Montgomery
34. “I loved make-believe. I was the child in the cupboard playing with my Barbies.” — Lupita Nyong’o
35. “Half of my closet is Barbie clothes – PVC skirts, cropped fuzzy sweaters, and velvet minis.” — Tavi Gevinson
36. “When the other girls had given up their Barbies, I was still playing with mine in secret.” — Cheri Oteri
37. “I would always change my Barbies. I’d cut their hair, paint on tattoos, and create new clothes for them. I would invent elaborate stories: fights, dramas, successes. I would try out my ideas on them. And sometimes they would sing!” — Rosalia
38. “I wasn’t the kid who lined up her toys, although when it came to Barbies and that little traveling wardrobe with the drawers and the little shoes, my stuff was always on hangers, and the shoes were always in pairs. Things had their places.” — Jamie Lee Curtis
39. “I was obsessed with X-Men as a kid, and I would have to go and play every last one of them. My sister was obsessed with Barbies. So we would create these X-Men-Barbie combos and perform weird musicals where they interacted with each other.” — Jake Epstein
40. “I had everything you could collect. I had these Spice Girls postcards. I also had the stickers and Barbie girls. I had all five of them. I was a real fangirl. They were actually preaching some cool stuff, the thing about girl power and sticking together with your best girlfriends.” — MO
Barbie Quotes on Barbie Memories & 50th Birthday
Read on as famous people recall their fondest Barbie moments and send birthday wishes to the doll when she turns 50.
41. “Happy birthday, Barbie. I can’t believe you’re 50. Thank God you’re older than me.” — Melissa Joan Hart
42. “Barbie, you and I are the same age, and I have to say you are aging much better. Happy 50th.” — Patricia Heaton
43. “Barbie, you and I, we used to play together. It was totally under wraps. It was one of those clandestine relationships I didn’t want anyone to know about.” — Billy Bush
44. “My first Barbie dolls all had haircuts. And Magic Marker makeup and rusty limbs because they all used to have wire in them. So I have a memory of all my Barbie dolls basically being broken and punky.” — Debi Mazar
45. “I was the voice of Ken in the Rapunzel video. So I have a very dear, dear spot in my heart for Ken. And obviously, so does my daughter, Catherine. Barbie, happy 50th birthday, and thanks for all the great memories.” — Neal McDonough
46. “I waited two years for a Miss America Barbie Doll, and it never came. Finally, I wrote them a really angry letter, and I held on to that angry letter for two years — which really says something about me — and they sent me one.” — Lisa Edelstein
47. “Sadly, I grew up with many Barbie dolls because I have two sisters. And they had about 40 Barbie dolls and massive Barbie dollhouses and all the rest of it. And my action men were turned into Ken Barbie dolls. So that’s my story.” — Nigel Barker
48. “I had a life-size Barbie. And one day, I thought it would be really cool to chop off all her hair and give her a makeover, and my mom got really mad at me, and we had to sell it in a garage sale because she was basically ruined. Happy 50th birthday, Barbie.” — Victoria Justice
49. “Barbie became a figure-skating doll. And I also cut her hair. My sister Karen and I would just do this skating moves with it. She would do spirals — you know, what we do on the ice. Especially in a great position, and then she would do these double axels.” — Michelle Kwan
50. “Mine is funny. Well, it’s sort of sad. When I was growing up in the ’70s, my parents were hippies, and they didn’t really want me to have dolls and things like that. So I used to go to my friends’ houses and pay with their Barbies, but then they would always have to go away, and I wouldn’t have one on my own.” — Illeana Douglas
Which of these Barbie Quotes is your Favorite?
It should be easy for you to find your favorite Barbie quote after going through the collection above.
These quotes are attractive and quite popular among girls regardless of age.
At present, almost every girl can relate the term “Barbie” to her childhood memories.
This is why these quotes are worth sharing with your friends and family.
We have provided relevant quotes under their respective section.
Hence, you won’t face any difficulty while browsing through the list.
If you have encountered a Barbie quote that inspires you the most, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.