Our latest collection of Ellen Degeneres quotes on Everyday Power blog.
Ellen Degeneres is one of the most popular present-day comedians and television hosts. She is well-known for her award-winning talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, as well as being a staunch advocate of LGBT rights.
Born on January 26, 1958, in Metairie, Louisiana, Degeneres started her stand-up career in the early 1980s. She has appeared as judge on American Idol and has hosted the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards as well as the Primetime Emmys.
In addition, Degeneres owns a production company and is the author of four books. A successful media personality, she has received numerous awards for her work, and is also a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Here are some of our favorite Ellen Degeneres quotes on how we can live a life with meaning, purpose and joy!
We also have a collection of Dave Chappelle quotes that are funny and insightful. Don’t forget to read that as well.
Ellen Degeneres quotes on Changing The World
1. “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.” – Ellen Degeneres
2. “I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego.” – Ellen Degeneres
3. “If we’re destroying our trees and destroying our environment and hurting animals and hurting one another and all that stuff, there’s got to be a very powerful energy to fight that. I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.” – Ellen Degeneres
4. “Most comedy is based on getting a laugh at somebody else’s expense. And I find that that’s just a form of bullying in a major way. So I want to be an example that you can be funny and be kind, and make people laugh without hurting somebody else’s feelings.” – Ellen Degeneres
5. “I’m not an activist; I don’t look for controversy. I’m not a political person, but I’m a person with compassion. I care passionately about equal rights. I care about human rights. I care about animal rights.” – Ellen Degeneres
6. “Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres
7. “It’s our challenges and obstacles that give us layers of depth and make us interesting. Are they fun when they happen? No. But they are what make us unique. And that’s what I know for sure… I think.” – Ellen Degeneres
8. “I am saddened by how people treat one another and how we are so shut off from one another and how we judge one another, when the truth is, we are all one connected thing. We are all from the same exact molecules.” – Ellen Degeneres
9. “Sometimes you can’t see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others.” – Ellen Degeneres
10. “I learned compassion from being discrimanted against. Everything bad that’s ever happened to me has taught me compassion.” – Ellen Degeneres
11. “While I was doing stand-up, I thought I knew for sure that success meant getting everyone to like me. So I became whoever I thought people wanted me to be. I’d say yes when I wanted to say no, and I even wore a few dresses.” – Ellen Degeneres
12. “Though you feel like your not where you’re suppose to be, you shouldn’t worry because the next turn you take, it will lead you to where you wanna go.” – Ellen Degeneres
Ellen Degeneres quotes on true beauty
13. “To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen Degeneres
14. “I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” – Ellen Degeneres
15. “I think beauty comes from actually knowing who you are. That’s real beauty to me.” – Ellen Degeneres
16. “It is failure that gives you the proper perspective on success.” – Ellen Degeneres
17. “Life is like one big Mardi Gras. But instead of showing boobs, show people your brain, and if they like what they see, you’ll have more beads than you know what to do with.” – Ellen Degeneres
18. “Do things that make you happy within the confines of the legal system.” – Ellen Degeneres
19. “We’re all supposed to be different. I want so badly to encourage everyone to say, “Who Am I and How Do I Want To Live My Life.” – Ellen Degeneres
20. “Don’t worry about what people say about you. Let the naysayers nay. They will eventually grow tired of naying.” – Ellen Degeneres
21. “Do we have to know who’s gay and who’s straight? Can’t we just love everybody and judge them by the car they drive?” – Ellen Degeneres
22. “True beauty is not related to what color your hair is or what color your eyes are. True beauty is about who you are as a human being, your principles, your moral compass.” – Ellen Degeneres
23. “My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows.” – Ellen Degeneres
Ellen Degeneres quotes on fear and failure
24. “I don’t know what people are scared of. Maybe they think their children will be influenced, but I’ve got to tell you, I was raised by two heterosexuals. Everywhere I looked — Heterosexuals. And they did not influence me. It’s time we love people for who they are and let them love who they want.” – Ellen Degeneres
25. “It’s funny how the universe guides you to where you’re meant to be. I wanted to make people Happy.” – Ellen Degeneres
26. “Beauty is not between a size 0 and size 8. Its not a number at all.” – Ellen Degeneres
27. “I think one of the turning points in my life came a few years ago. I started going to sleep at night just talking to myself, saying . . . You Are Perfect Just The Way You Are.” – Ellen Degeneres
28. “I’m a comedian, and I definitely see the humor in a lot of things. I am also sad a lot. I cry often and easily. I think you’re supposed to feel all kinds of things.” – Ellen Degeneres
29. “Embrace who you are. Literally. Hug yourself. Accept who you are.” – Ellen Degeneres
30. “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail and both are equally important.” – Ellen Degeneres
31. “Most people dream of winning an academy award. I had a dream of actually hosting the academy awards. So let that be a Lesson to you kids out there: AIM LOWER.” – Ellen Degeneres
32. “We need to learn how to love one another and accept one another.” – Ellen Degeneres
33. “I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purcpose, and we all have a different purpose.” – Ellen Degeneres
34. “When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” – Ellen Degeneres
Ellen Degeneres quotes that will make your day
35. “If someone ever says you’re weird say thank you.” – Ellen DeGeneres
36. “You are never too old to play. You are only too old for low-rise jeans.” – Ellen DeGeneres
37. “The thing everyone should realize is that the key to happiness is being happy by yourself and for yourself.” – Ellen DeGeneres
38. “Never follow anyone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. Then by all means follow that path.” – Ellen DeGeneres
39. “Life is short. If you doubt me, ask a butterfly. Their average life span is a mere five to fourteen days.” – Ellen DeGeneres
40. “I personally like being unique. I like being my own person with my own style and my own opinions and my own toothbrush.”― Ellen DeGeneres
41. “When I go hiking and I get over the hill, That means I am past the hard part and there is a snack in my future. That’s a good thing as far as I am concerned.” – Ellen DeGeneres
42. “Things will get easier, people’s minds will change, and you should be alive to see it.”― Ellen DeGeneres
43. “Accept who you are unless you’re a serial killer.” – Ellen DeGeneres
44. “Leaning forward in your chair when someone is trying to squeeze behind you isn’t enough. You also have to move the chair.”― Ellen DeGeneres
More Ellen Degeneres quotes
45. “My life is perfect even when it’s not.”― Ellen DeGeneres
46. “You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me because that’s how it’s spelled.” – Ellen DeGeneres
47. “It makes a big difference in your life when you stay positive.” – Ellen DeGeneres
48. “Procrastination is not the problem. It is the solution. Procrastinate now, don’t put it off.” – Ellen DeGeneres
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of procrastination quotes that will help you steal your time back.
49. “Our flaws are what makes us human. If we can accept them as part of who we are, they really don’t even have to be an issue.” – Ellen DeGeneres
50. “Above all things physical, it is more important to be beautiful on the inside – to have a big heart and an open mind and a spectacular spleen.” – Ellen DeGeneres
51. “Haters are my motivators.” – Ellen DeGeneres
52. “I enjoy growing older and wiser and learning from my mistakes every single day.” – Ellen DeGeneres
53. “Sometimes the greatest things are the most embarrassing.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Which of these Ellen Degeneres quotes was your favorite?
Ellen DeGeneres is one of the most popular and successful American television personalities of recent times. She is a talented host who has been amusing people for many years.
Degeneres is undoubtedly one of the most inspiring personalities of our times. Hopefully, the above quotes will inspire you to be true to yourself so that you may live your dreams.
Did you enjoy these Ellen Degeneres quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section.