These spiritual awakening quotes will inspire self-improvement and long-term positive change.
Spiritual awakening involves moving beyond your limited reality and gaining a broader and clearer perspective.
You may also enjoy our article on:
When you make the shift to a higher level of consciousness, you become more aware of reality as it exists beyond the confines of the self.
Having a spiritual awakening leads to self-realization and a well-adjusted existence.
It leads you to a blissful and content life.
No matter the circumstances of your life, you’ll enjoy a stress-free natural existence.
Just like a butterfly emerges from its cocoon, when you finally reach that state of spiritual enlightenment, you’ll be able to spread your wings and find your true self and your true path.
It will allow you to experience a sense of inner peace, a feeling of purification, and have more compassion and empathy.
Though it can be a painful process as it requires you to make difficult choices on how you move forward and live with your new perspective, once your inner transformation to a higher level of consciousness is complete, you’ll be happy that you went through the whole experience.
To celebrate the shift to higher consciousness, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and positive spiritual awakening quotes, spiritual awakening sayings, and spiritual awakening proverbs, collected from various sources.
Make sure to also check our collection of eyes quotes that will intrigue you to look past what you see.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Spiritual awakening quotes celebrating enlightenment
1. “We are not the only ones affected by our recovery. The spiritual awakening heals the world one person at a time.” – Marta Mrotek
You will also enjoy our article on eckhart tolle quotes.
2. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda
You will also enjoy our article on Ram Dass quotes.
3. “We are all equally capable of spiritual awakening. It may not seem that way, at times. Some of us are so caught up in the drama of our day-to-day existence that we have lost track of who we really are. But eventually, all of us will make the discovery of our true nature.” – Victor Shamas
You will also enjoy our article on butterfly quotes.
4. “You are heir to a heavenly fortune, the sole beneficiary of an infinite spiritual trust fund, a proverbial goldmine of sacred abundance beyond all common measure or human comprehension. But until you assert your rightful inheritance of this blessed gift, it will remain unclaimed and forever beyond your reach.” – Anthon St. Maarten
You will also enjoy our article on namaste quotes.
5. “Maturity is the ability to think, speak and act your feelings within the bounds of dignity. The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations.” – Samuel Ullman
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
6. “It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.” – Eckhart Tolle
You will also enjoy our article on twin flame quotes.
7. “Within you lies opportunity to grow in spirit. Keep your feet on the earth, but lift your face towards the heavens. Surrender to the light with a tranquil mind, and a heart full of the love of God.” – White Eagle
You will also enjoy our article on chakra quotes.
8. “You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you’re in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that.” – Salma Hayek
You will also enjoy our article on siddhartha quotes.
9. “In the place of stillness, rises potential. From the place of potential, emerges possibility. Where there is possibility, there is choice, and where there is choice, there is freedom!” – Gabrielle Goddard
You will also enjoy our article on sadhguru quotes.
10. “Be kind to yourself as you proceed along this journey. This kindness, in itself, is a means of awakening the spark of love within you and helping others to discover that spark within themselves.” – Tsoknyi Rinpoche
Also check out our list of the best reality quotes that will inspire you to live your best life.
Spiritual awakening quotes to help you lead a blissful and content life
11. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on find true calling.
12. “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” – Eckhart Tolle
You will also enjoy our article on universe quotes.
13. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes of the day.
14. “The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love.”- Marianne Williamson
You will also enjoy our article on mooji quotes.
15. “The awakening of the soul to its bondage and its effort to stand up and assert itself – this is called life.” – Swami Vivekananda
You will also enjoy our article on sunrise quotes.
16. “The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility.” – Sivananda
You will also enjoy our article on lotus flower quotes.
17. “The great awareness comes slowly, piece by piece. The path of spiritual growth is a path of lifelong learning. The experience of spiritual power is basically a joyful one.” – M. Scott Peck
18. “The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can’t be organized or regulated. It isn’t true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth.” – Ram Dass
19. “Awakening is about liberating yourself from the prison that is the world of the mind and daring to be here as all that you are.” – Leonard Jacobson
20. “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – C.G. Jung
Spiritual awakening quotes to inspire self-improvement and long-term positive change
21. “The solution to the problem of the day is the awakening of the consciousness of humanity to the divinity within.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan
22. “Awakening is dynamic. Constantly evolving in accordance with life’s realities. Unfolding from ego-self to compassionate self. From enclosed self to open self. From foolish self to enlightened self.” – Taitetsu Unno
23. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Alva Edison
24. “Glorify who you are today, do not condemn who you were yesterday, and dream of who you can be tomorrow.” – Neale Donald Walsch
25. “In spiritual life there is no room for compromise. Awakening is not negotiable; we cannot bargain to hold on to things that please us while relinquishing things that do not matter to us. A lukewarm yearning for awakening is not enough to sustain us through the difficulties involved in letting go. It is important to understand that anything that can be lost was never truly ours, anything that we deeply cling to only imprisons us.” – Jack Kornfield
26. “Self-observation brings man to the realization of the necessity of self-change. And in observing himself a man notices that self-observation itself brings about certain changes in his inner processes. He begins to understand that self-observation is an instrument of self-change, a means of awakening.” – G. I. Gurdjieff
27. “It is reality that awakens possibilities, and nothing would be more perverse than to deny it.”- Robert Musil
28. “Do not try to approach God with your thinking mind. It may only stimulate your intellectual ideas, activities, and beliefs. Try to approach God with your crying heart. It will awaken your soulful, spiritual consciousness.” – Sri Chinmoy
29. “The purpose of our lives is to give birth to the best that is in us. It is only through our own personal awakening that the world can be awakened. We cannot give what we do not have.” – Marianne Williamson
30. “Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”- John O’Donohue
Spiritual awakening quotes to celebrate a higher shift in consciousness and understanding
31. “Times are difficult globally; awakening is no longer a luxury or an ideal. It’s becoming critical. We don’t need to add more depression, more discouragement, or more anger to what’s already here. It’s becoming essential that we learn how to relate sanely with difficult times. The earth seems to be beseeching us to connect with joy and discover our innermost essence. This is the best way that we can benefit others.” – Pema Chodron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
32. “Through spiritual maturity you will see new ways to avoid unnecessary suffering; wiser ways to endure unavoidable hardships with grace, and opportunities to turn your pain into lessons of service and healing for others. Your hard journey has had a great purpose! Your pain was always a part of a plan to open your heart to love. Have faith. A miracle is happening in your life; the miracle of pain is transforming you to your highest self.” – Bryant H. McGill
33. “Do not be impatient with your seemingly slow progress. Do not try to run faster than you presently can. If you are studying, reflecting and trying, you are making progress whether you are aware of it or not. A traveler walking the road in the darkness of night is still going forward. Someday, some way, everything will break open, like the natural unfolding of a rosebud.”- Vernon Howard
34. “True happiness comes not when we get rid of all of our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice, and to learn.”- Richard Carlson
35. “There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” – Louis L’Amour
36. “Upon awakening, let the words Thank You flow from your lips, for this will remind you to begin your day with gratitude and compassion.” – Wayne Dyer
37. “We need limitations and temptations to open our inner selves, dispel our ignorance, tear off disguises, throw down old idols, and destroy false standards. Only by such rude awakenings can we be led to dwell in a place where we are less cramped, less hindered by the ever-insistent External. Only then do we discover a new capacity and appreciation of goodness and beauty and truth.”- Helen Keller
38. “The next time you find yourself in some way trying desperately to land safely, your compassion might be what finally gives you the courage you need to let go of the controls. In doing so, you might discover that each time you let go, it becomes easier and easier to re-enter the atmosphere of your own aliveness. Gradually you’ll come home to the flow of your own living presence, the warmth and space of your awakening heart.”- Tara Brach
39. “First, we become aware of that which is Divine around us. Then we become aware of that which is Divine within us. Finally, we become aware that all is Divine, and that there is nothing else. This is the moment of our awakening.”- Neale Donald Walsch
40. “He who is free in the body, but bound in the soul is a slave; but on the contrary he who is bound in the body, but free in the soul, is truly free.” – Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
Spiritual awakening quotes that celebrate the journey of life
41. “The enlightened give thanks for what most people take for granted…. As you begin to be grateful for what most people take for granted, the vibration of gratitude makes you more receptive to good in your life.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Gratitude quotes that will transform your perspective.
42. “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” – Douglas MacArthur
43. “Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul.”- Mahatma Gandhi
44. “It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are – not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within – that you can begin to take control.”- Oprah Winfrey
45. “Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force – that thoughts rule the world.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
46. “Once you awaken you will have no interest in judging those who sleep.” – James Blanchard
47. “The spiritual path – is simply the journey of living our lives. Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it.” – Marianne Williamson
48. “The essence of spirituality is, to be constantly aware of the oneness of all; at the same time to celebrate the uniqueness of the individual.” – Jaggi Vasudev
49. “I think a spiritual journey is not so much a journey of discovery. It’s a journey of recovery. It’s a journey of uncovering your own inner nature. It’s already there.”- Billy Corgan
50. “You think of yourselves as humans searching for a spiritual awakening, when in fact you are spiritual beings attempting to cope with a human awakening. Seeing yourselves from the perspective of the spirit within will help you to remember why you came here and what you came here to do.”- Neale Donald Walsch
Spiritual awakening quotes to broaden your thoughtss
51. “If every day is an awakening, you will never grow old. You will just keep growing.” – Gail Sheehy
52. “That is the real spiritual awakening when something emerges from within you that is deeper than who you thought you were. – Unknown
53. “The true awakening takes place within.” – ATGW
54. “When you are evolving into a higher-self, the road may seem lonely but you’re simply shedding the energies that no longer match the frequency of your destiny.” – Anonymous
55. “We are ready to awaken when we don’t have any more doubts or any more questions about who we are.” – Roxana Jones
56. “Awakening is not changing who you are but discarding who you are not.” – Deepak Chopra
57. “Awakening means you’ve come home to yourself, that consciousness has shifted back to its original nature.” – Anonymous
58. “Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.”― Ramana Maharshi
59. “Your greatest awakening comes, when you are aware about your infinite nature.”― Amit Ray
60. “When we awaken to our truth, we realize we are free.”― Kristi Bowman
Spiritual awakening quotes to lift you
61. “It is possible to experience an awakening in this life through realising just how precious each moment, each mental process, and each breath truly is.” – Christy Turlington
62. “Inspiration is an awakening, a quickening of all man’s faculties, and it is manifested in all high artistic achievements.” – Giacomoco Puccini
63. “All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.” – Swami Vivekananda
64. “I experienced by the grace of God a spiritual awakening, which was to lead me to a richer, fuller, more productive life.” – John Coltrane
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
65. “The awakening of consciousness is the next step for mankind.” – Eckhart Tolle
66. “In order to save myself, I must destroy first the me I was told to be.” – The Dreamer
67. “Awaken to your true potential and live the life of your dreams.” – ATGW
68. “Spirituality does not lie in meditating the body of an ex-master. Spirituality exists in mediating on your own inner body.”― Amit Ray
69. “In one moment, we are now forever, in one moment…”― Paul Goldman
70. “It’s the ‘everyday’ experiences we encounter along the journey to who we wanna be that will define who we are when we get there.”― Aaron Lauritsen
Spiritual awakening quotes to live by
71. “As you awaken to your divine nature, you’ll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch and experience.” – Wayne Dyer
72. “Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.” – Eckhart Tolle
73. “This is bravery: using the challenge of daily life to sharpen our mind and open our heart.” – Sakyong Mipham
74. “I let go of my need to control and allow the universe to do her thing.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
75. “The garden is a metaphor for life, and gardening is a symbol of the spiritual path.” – Larry Dossey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of spiritual quotes to help you feel connected to a higher power.
76. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?” – Rumi
77. “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
78. “There is a presence within you that has never suffered. It lives in joy that has no cause. It is who you most deeply are.” – Jan Frazier
79. “Don’t fear the light within. May it ignite the Sacred Flame in your soul.” – Paulo Coelho
80. “The truth is that you already are what you are seeking.” – Adyashanti
81. You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.” – Amit Ray
82. “Enlightenment is the complete flowering of body, mind and the soul.” – Amit Ray
83. “Adversity is a spiritual awaken in every soul.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
84. “Spiritual awakening is like unfollowing who you think you are.” – Frode Gåsland
85. “Spiritual awakening transforms the so-called self-awareness into the realization that the Self is awareness.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
Remember to also read these beautiful moon quotes to illuminate your life.
More spiritual awakening quotes and sayings
86. “A global awakening can only happen from a spiritual awakening that is of global dimensions.” – Matthew Fox
87. “Spiritual Awakening is awakening from the dream of thought.” – Eckhart Tolle
88. “Right now we’re in a special and powerful position, because the world is having a spiritual awakening.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
89. “The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.” – Shakti Gawain
90. “The movement of grace toward gratitude brings us from the package of self-obsessed madness to a spiritual awakening.” – Anne Lamott
91. “Only that day dawns to which we are awake.” – Henry David Thoreau
92. “Awakening your spiritual self is like having a second childhood with faulty parents, broken bones and proverbial brussel sprouts.” – Christopher Hawke
93. “To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something” – Laozi
94. “Spiritual awakening is not ultimately the work of invisible cultural forces. Instead, it is the work of learning to see differently, of prayer, and of conversion. It is something people do.” – Diana Butler Bass
95. “The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
Insightful Spiritual Awakening Quotes
96. “Forgiveness builds mental, emotional and spiritual muscles.” – Iyanla Vanzant
97. “The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it.” – Henri J.M. Nouwen
98. “The more peaceful your mind is, the easier it is to realize what spirituality is.” – Remez Sasson
99. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E. Cummings
100. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the now the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
101. “You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
102. “Enlightenment must come little by little – otherwise it would overwhelm.” – Idries Shah
103. “The very purpose of religion is to control yourself, not to criticize others. Rather, we must criticize ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
104. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
105. “Our biological rhythms are the symphony of the cosmos, music embedded deep within us to which we dance, even when we can’t name the tune.” – Deepak Chopra
106. “It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing.” – Gandhi
107. “You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction.” – Bhagavad Gita
108. “The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility.” – Swami Sivananda
109. “Man is lost and is wandering in a jungle where real values have no meaning.” – Sai Baba
110. “On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination.” – A. R. Rahman
111. “We can no more do without spirituality than we can do without food, shelter, or clothing.” – Ernest Holmes
112. “That is the real spiritual awakening, when something emerges from within you that is deeper than who you thought you were.” – Eckhart Tolle
113. “The essence of a tragedy, or even of a serious play, is the spiritual awakening, or regeneration, of the hero. ” – Maxwell Anderson
114. “The spiritual is inclusive. It is the deepest sense of belonging and participation.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
115. “Want Truth more than you want to awaken and the awakening takes care of itself. ” – Maria Erving
Spiritual Awakening Quotes For Soul Nourishment
116. “It is a sign of failure to have achieved spiritual awakening, to seek happiness in material success.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
117. “A spiritual awakening has the potential to rip apart the fabric of reality as you’ve known it and pull you forward into a new life of conscious growth and evolution.” — Adam Brady
118. All religions are born from individual experiences of divine awakening, not from some books.” — Abhijit Naskar
119. “Spiritually, the Holy Land really stirs you up and starts awakening many things in your life.” — Ken Duncan
120. “A spiritual awakening will likely cause you to revise your spiritual beliefs or adopt significant new ones.” — Carroll Richardson
121. “A teacher or teaching is not essential for spiritual awakening, but they save time.” — Eckhart Tolle
122. “A spiritual awakening can be triggered by anything, from the completely mundane to the completely life-altering.” — Sarah Regan
123. “Spiritual awakenings are complicated, profound, and nothing short of life-changing—in the best way. While they may not be easy, they will improve your life for the better with patience, trial and error, and a bit of time.” — Sarah Regan
124. “Spiritual awakenings aren’t easy, and the alienation and ego-shattering realizations that occur can make anyone feel like they are living in a new reality.” — Sarah Regan
125. “The path of spiritual awakening is the grandest adventure you can ever undertake.” — Adam Brady
Spiritual Awakening Quotes To Enlighten Your Soul
126. “To realize that you are not your thoughts is when you begin to awaken spiritually.” — Eckhart Tolle
127. “Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it.” — Marianne Williamson
128. “Spiritual awakening – is becoming awake to the aliveness of this moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
129. “Spiritual awakening is the beginning of your spiritual journey, as you start to question everything you once knew.” — Shannon Kaiser
130. “Awakening your spiritual side is really what artists do. When you hit a groove, it’s not you; it’s the spirit world.” — Tommy Chong
131. “Meditation quiets conscious thought and the physical realm, making a doorway to spiritual awareness.” — Jenna Alatar
132. “Divine desperateness is the beginning of spiritual awakening because it gives rise to the aspiration for God-realisation.” — Meher Baba
133. “No great spiritual awakening has begun anywhere in the world apart from united prayer.” — J. Edwin Orr
134. “The day of my spiritual awakening was the day I saw and knew I saw all things in God and God in all things.” — “Mechthild”
135. “Spiritual awakening – is becoming awake to the aliveness of this moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
Spiritual Awakening Quotes to Transform and Understand Your Life’s Purpose
136. “When Holy God draws near in true revival, people come under terrible conviction of sin. The outstanding feature of spiritual awakening has been the profound consciousness of the Presence and holiness of God.” ― Henry Blackaby
137. “When there is spiritual awakening, you awaken into the fullness, the aliveness, and also the sacredness of now. You were absent, asleep, and now you are present, awake.” ― Eckhart Tolle
138. “I believe there’s a calling for all of us. I know that every human being has value and purpose. The real work of our lives is to become aware. And awakened. To answer the call.” ― Oprah Winfrey
139. “At the end of the spectrum when you get to that 12th step, when you have that spiritual awakening we make ourselves available to help other people.” ― Daniel Baldwin
140. “I could never stop drugs, I could never stop drinking, until I received my spiritual awakening.” ― Mike Tyson
141. “Of course, we are to pray for spiritual awakening, and in various ways we can do something toward it. But we must remember that neither Paul nor Apollos gives the increase.” ~ C. S. Lewis
142. “I was influenced by my children’s education in Quaker schools in the Philadelphia area. I experienced a spiritual awakening and became a Christian, was baptized, and joined a church.” ― Mike Berenstain
143. “My main life interest and purpose is to bring spiritual awakening into this world, to be a vehicle for the flowering of consciousness, to help people to live more consciously with less unnecessary suffering and self-generated unhappiness.” ― Eckhart Tolle
144. “There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer.” ― Arthur Tappan Pierson
145. “As you smell the fragrance of a flower by handing it or the smell of sandalwood by rubbing it against a stone, so you obtain spiritual awakening by constantly thinking of God.” ― Sarada Devi
Which of these spiritual awakening quotes resonated with you best?
Spiritual awakening has many benefits.
It leads to self-realization and can help you lead a blissful and content life.
When you finally reach that higher shift in consciousness and understanding, you’ll be able to enjoy a fulfilled, meaningful life.
Hopefully, the above quotes will inspire you to wake up so that you live the life of your dreams and attain the success you desire.
Did you enjoy these spiritual awakening quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
February 1, 2023 6:00 AM EST