You will love these dirty quotes about the things that get you dirty!
There are lots of things in life that can get you dirty, whether that is from dirt, grease, or germs.
Although jobs that get people dirty are not always popular, a show celebrating these types of jobs was created called Dirty Jobs.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Another way that people get dirty is from the germs and odors they experience in everyday life.
Some of the contaminated things you might not think about are cell phones, kitchen sponges, communal yoga mats, and contact lenses, just to name a few.
The dirt itself is not harmful, as dirt makes up the earth’s soil so things can grow.
Dirt can be fun, as few kids can resist a good mud puddle or dirt mound.
As you can see, we will all experience dirt in our lives, which is not all bad.
Enjoy learning about things that make you dirty from these dirty quotes!
Dirty Quotes About a Hard Day’s Work
Check out these quotes about getting dirty from hard work.
1. “Dirt used to be a badge of honor. Dirt used to look like work.” — Mike Rowe
2. “Most men I know rely on women to do all the literal dirty work.” — Elizabeth Banks
3. “The beauty of the blue-collar worker is that their work is its own reward.” — Mike Rowe
4. “I did everything, even dirty jobs like dishwashing or delivery boy for a grocer.” — Klaus Nomi
5. “I like doing things where I can get dirty, work with my hands, and use power tools.” — Nathan Fillion
6. “People with dirty jobs are happier than you think. As a group, they’re the happiest people I know.” — Mike Rowe
7. “Even city people have ancestors who had their hands in the dirt.” — Carlene Carter
8. “I always tell people: Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Success in any job, but particularly a blue-collar job, relies on hard work and dedication.” ― Jessica Gilbert
9. “I can say the willingness to get dirty has always defined us as a nation, and it’s a hallmark of hard work and a hallmark of fun, and dirt is not the enemy.” — Mike Rowe
10. “A guy that’s going to do all of the dirty work, that guy that is willing to defend anyone and do the little things and not really care about all of that other stuff. I think every championship team needs that.” — Draymond Green
Dirty Quotes About Playing In the Mud and the Dirt
Sometimes you have to just enjoy life by playing in the dirt!
11. “You pray for rain; you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” — Denzel Washington
12. “We sit in the mud… and reach for the stars.” — Ivan Turgenev
13. ”Life is made up of marble and mud.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
14. “Clay can be dirt in the wrong hands, but clay can be art in the right hands.” — Lupita Nyong’o
15. “When you mix dirt with water, the dirt doesn’t get clean. The water just gets dirty.” — Amanda Hocking
16. “I’m a dirt person. I trust the dirt.” — Eartha Kitt
17. “Dirt is not dirty, but only something in the wrong place.” — Henry John Temple
18. “I grew up on two wheels in the dirt.” — Jimmie Johnson
19. “How dare you treat your soil like dirt.” — Joel Salatin
20. “Mud, rubbish, and dirt are man’s companions all his life; shouldn’t they be precious to him, and isn’t one doing man’s service to remind him of their beauty?” — Jean Dubuffet
More Dirty Quotes for Life
Enjoy these quotes that teach a lesson or show a different perspective on dirt and life.
21. “It is almost impossible to throw dirt on someone without getting a little on yourself.” — Abigail Van Buren
22. “Six feet of dirt make all men equal.” — Charles Spurgeon
23. “Every day is one day closer to the dirt, so you got to go hard.” — Greg Jackson
24. “It’s when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us; it is the very sign of His presence.” — C.S. Lewis
25. “I grew up barefoot, dirty, climbing trees. It made me appreciate things more.” — Elle King
26. “When they finally put you in the ground, I’ll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down.” — Elvis Costello
27. “The best way to learn is by doing. The only way to build a strong work ethic is getting your hands dirty.” — Alex Spanos
28. “No dirt can touch me, like an ocean; everything that comes to me becomes clean.” — Debasish Mridha
29. “Perhaps it’s an occupational hazard; I see dirt where others don’t.” — Nita Prose
30. “Be like seeds; do not see dirt thrown at you as your enemy, but as ground to grow.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
Funny Dirty Quotes
These dirty quotes—about dirt—will make you smile.
31. “I may not be as old as dirt, but dirt and I are starting to have an awful lot in common.” — Stephen Donaldson
32. “I didn’t mean to hit the umpire with dirt, but I did mean to hit that as*hole in the stands.” — Babe Ruth
33. “I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.” — George Bernard Shaw
34. “Don’t call the world dirty because you forgot to clean your glasses.” — Aaron Hill
35. “I never did a dirty armpit. You can look dirty, but you can’t be dirty.” — Kate Moss
36. “If my uniform doesn’t get dirty, I haven’t done anything in the baseball game.” — Rickey Henderson
37. “This shirt is dry clean only, which means… it’s dirty.” — Mitch Hedberg
38. “She made beauty all around her. When she trod on mud, the mud was beautiful; when she ran in the rain, the rain was silver.” — C.S. Lewis
39. “Whenever someone asks me if I want water with my Scotch, I say, ‘I’m thirsty, not dirty.’” — Joe E. Lewis
40. “Jump into the middle of things, get your hands dirty, fall flat on your face, and then reach for the stars.” — Ben Stein
Dirty Quotes for People Who Like Things Clean
41. “You don’t get anything clean without getting something else dirty.” — Cecil Baxter
42. “Dust is a protective coating for fine furniture.” — Mario Buatta
43. “Sweeping only moves the dust somewhere else.” — Marty Rubin
44. “Have you ever taken anything out of the clothes basket because it had become, relatively, the cleaner thing?” — Kathrine Whitehorn
45. “I look forward to spring cleaning and putting things in their place. It’s therapeutic for me.” — Kimora Lee Simmons
46. “I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes, and six months later, you have to start all over again.” — Joan Rivers
47. “My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.” — Erma Bombeck
48. “Cleaning your house while your kids are growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.” — Phyllis Diller
49. “I go into a very happy state of mind when I’m vacuuming.” — Joyce Carol Oates
50. “Cleaning is therapy for me. I’m not ashamed of holding the duster or broom.” — Amisha Patel
What Are Some of the Jobs That Are Sure to Get You Dirty?
For everyone to enjoy the world we live in, each job plays an essential role in our lives and should be appreciated.
Some of these jobs are bound to be dirty jobs, such as garbage collection, sewage cleanup, mortuary embalming, and coal mining, to name a few.
Please share these dirty quotes with your friends and family and post any comments in the comment section below.