Many of us question our faith from time to time, but we know that our faith is always there to get us through the hardest of times. There are many passages, proverbs, and stories from the bible that have inspired us for centuries, and these bible quotes will remind you of just that.
The bible is one of God’s greatest gifts to the human race. It’s His primary means of giving us guidance. As we read His word, we get to know the way to godly living and righteous character.
The bible can help you in many ways. It reveals the way to eternal life and salvation, explains life’s real meaning and purpose, can help you achieve lasting happiness in your relationships, and can give you hope for your future.
The texts of the bible might be thousands of years old, but every time you read them, God can speak to you and touch you in new and special ways. No matter what your circumstances are, the bible can guide you in every aspect of your life.
To remind you of the power of God’s word, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting religious quotes and bible verses.
Bible Quotes to Spread the Faith And Compassion
1. “And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
2. “What shall we say about things as wonderful as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” – Romans 8:31
3. “Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the heart of fools.” – Ecclesiastes 7:9
4. “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
5. “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19
6. “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
7. “So my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.” – 1 Corinthians 15:58
8. “The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.” – Psalm 37:23-24
9. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
10. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
Bible quotes that will change the way you approach life
11. “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” – Psalm 9:9-10
12. “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the Lord. – Jeremiah 30:17
13. “The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.” – Psalm 37:39
14. “The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.” – Proverbs 10:28
15. “Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant.” – Psalm 119:76
16. “The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” – Galatians 5:22-23
17. “When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.” – Psalm 138:3
18. “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.” – Luke 12:32
19. “He saves the needy from the sword in their mouth; he saves them from the clutches of the powerful. So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth.” – Job 5:15-16
20. “Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.” – Psalm 103:2-3
Bible quotes to inspire you every day
21. “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” – Isaiah 40:29
22. “Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” – John 14:27
23. “My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.” – Psalm 73:26
24. “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7
25. “I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
26. “Remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Thessalonians 1:3
27. “For I know the plans I have for you … plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
28. “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved” – Psalm 55:22
29. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
30. “He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. But his wounds you are healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
Bible quotes to provide comfort and direction
31. “And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security.” – Job 11:18
32. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
33. “So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.” – John 16:22
34. “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” – 1 John 4:4
35. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” – Romans 15:13
36. “Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted.” – Isaiah 49:13
37. “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121:1-2
38. “O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone!” – Jeremiah 17:14
39. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
40. “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” – John 15:13
Also check out these heaven quotes that inspire kindness.
Bible quotes to reignite your passion within
41. “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.” – Psalm 43:5
42. “You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.” – Psalm 71:21
43. “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
44. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”- Psalm 23:4
45. “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; in Jerusalem you shall find your comfort.” – Isaiah 66:13
46. “One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.” – Psalm 27:4
47. “He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.” – Psalm 147:2
48. “Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the Lord hears when I call to him.” – Psalms 4:3
49. “Old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
50. “…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 1:6
You might also like these baptism quotes and scriptures explaining the religious importance.
Bible quotes to live by
51. “You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.” – Psalm 119:114
52. “Don’t befriend a hot-tempered man, and don’t associate with one who harbors anger: lest you learn his ways, and ensnare your soul.” – Proverbs 22:24-25
53. “The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health.” – Psalm 41:3
54. “Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.” – 1 Peter 2:11
55. “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.” – Isaiah 40:8
56. “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15
57. “The Lord is my shepherd. I have all I need.” – Psalm 23:1
58. “You are now well because of your faith. May God give you peace! You are healed, and you will no longer be in pain.” – Mark 5:34
59. “Show me a sign of your favor, that those who hate me may see and be put to shame because you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.” – Psalm 86:17
60. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these amazing Angel quotes to bring out the good in you.
More bible quotes to remind you of the power of God’s word
61. “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” – Proverbs 17:17
62. “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
63. “A righteous person is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.” – Proverbs 12:26
64. “Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.” – James 5:15
65. “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks …” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
66. “With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment. Always let Him lead you, and He will clear the road for you to follow.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
67. “One who walks with wise men grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.” – Proverbs 13:20
68. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” – Psalm 46:1-3
69. “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
70. “I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
You might also like these empathy quotes that will make you a better person.
Other uplifting bible quotes
71. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” – Psalm 28:7
72. “I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” – Psalms 116:1-2
73. “You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.” – Matthew 5:14
74. “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.” – Matthew 10:34
75. “Finaly, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” – Ephesians 6:10-11
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
76. “I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great treasure!” – Psalm 119:162
77. “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.” – Phillippians 1:21
78. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” – Hebrew 11:1
79. “God wants you to always call him not because you need him but because you love him.” – Matthew 22:37
80. “When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, ‘You are not far from the Kingdom of God.” – Mark 12:34
Did these bible quotes inspire you?
The bible is a remarkable book owned by billions of people around the world. It’s the word of God through which He reveals the way to eternal life.
Written by people who were inspired by God, the bible has a way of providing comfort and direction for every aspect of life. Hopefully, the bible quotes and verses above have reignited your passion within.
Which of these bible quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other uplifting quotes to add to the list? Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
March 22, 2021 6:00 AM EST